PRESENT TOY PT-SP25 Tombstone Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tiny update on doc, found guns that are close enough to his single action and lighting the sa is from ASTOYS and the lightning is from the Redman doc. Luckily the hammer moves on the ASTOYS revolver so I can have him ready to shoot if I want
IMG_20230831_174118_HDR.jpg
at first I thought I'd need to paint the metal on one of the guns so they'd match but after watching the movie I realised his sa is bright silver and his lightning is a darker metal finish
Screenshot_20230831-180506.jpg

Swapped to a DID body, took the loops off the pants and ironed the crease out, added a few minor wrinkles here and there and gave them a rub to give the pants material a slight sheen, all the pants stuff was to make them look more like the screen used pants. Glued a random nail rhinestone to a Redman ring aswell đź‘Ť
IMG_20230913_211227_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230913_211810_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230913_211300_HDR.jpg

I've read that the Redman RM053 just released. Might be a good place to source the guns and a better sculpt.

Edit with video: maybe not a better sculpt, after all.

Last edited:
Sorry I zoomed it in for a Facebook upload since they lower the resolution automatically, it sort of just looks like a mini felt hat to me, which is good because that's what I was going forView attachment 656315View attachment 656316not sure how you'd go doing it to the rubbery stock hat, the real rainman ones hard resin, might need to put a few layers of super glue on the brim to harden it first

How do you flock a hat?

How do you flock a hat?
I mixed mod podge and Matt acrylic wood varnish together and watered it down then applied it to the hat and used a very small tea strainer to sprinkle the flocking over it once it was on I gently pushed it into the hat with my finger, I used 1:24 scale flocking that's used for mini car interiors, here's the vid I used as a guide and the flocking I used Scale Production Flocking Powder - Black (5g) SP-FLOCK1 | eBay, it took me a good couple of days to get the hang of it, I'd recommend having something to practice on, I also had to do atleast two coats over everything oh and I just blew the excess off once it was dry

Last edited:
This is a much better version of Doc than the Redman. The hat is shockingly soft. Not a deal breaker since it is not hard to return it to shape. The hands are better. The overall presentation is a vast improvement over Redman. If you just wanted to take it out of the box and display it you could. Redman's has some tailoring issues which are difficult to overcome. The only area where the Redman version is better is the accessories. There was an image with the other characters in shadow sort of hinting at them making them. I hope they do. I need a Virgil and Morgan. Hell, I need a Curly Bill, Ringo, and company.

I think Redman was fine. I will buy this also. Might as well have 2 since the price is decent.

Back