- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater - Nov. UPDATES!

Just finished up a new kit and wanted to share. I believe the scale is about 1/9. Super happy with how it turned out.

Gotta love a good ol' fashioned ABC Warrior.

Last edited:
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater - new ABC warrior

Super awesome. I love the bust you have of this guy :)

That's so kind Kevin and thanks for your support bro :)

Love the new update....ABC Warrior looks awesome :rock

Glad to do it!

Super awesome. I love the bust you have of this guy :)

Thanks man. I've got a backlog of kits, so I'm trying to knock a few out before doing any other big pieces.

The warrior is amazing! The paint looks great!

Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater -

The warrior is amazing! The paint looks great!

Jealous amazing setup

incredible collection : WOW :clap

Thanks all! I appreciate the feedback. I wish I was adding more sideshow pieces to the collection right now, but the licenses I'm interested in are pretty dead at the moment.

I just picked up a custom 1:1 Predalien bust (not SS). I can't wait to reveal it in a couple weeks.

Two fun updates today. Here's the first.

Custom 1:1 Kylo Ren Hilt w/ electronics

This guy was totally rebuilt, rewired, and repainted. It's actually based on a $30 Hasbro toy, haha. You'd never know it now.

1:1 Custom Predalien Bust (00 Artist Proof)

This stunning custom was sculpted by an artist in the UK, and painted by me. I freaking love it, and I love that it fits in my Bestas, unlike the SS one. I was really happy with how the chrome teeth came out. Have a look:

Awesome job buddy I remember seeing this on the rpf and ebay . Its a lovely bust and you have painted it really well. What did you use on the teeth ? alclad?

Awesome job buddy I remember seeing this on the rpf and ebay . Its a lovely bust and you have painted it really well. What did you use on the teeth ? alclad?

Thanks! I actually used SpazStix chrome. The paint process is a little nuts for this stuff. Getting the base coat black glossy enough is a battle, but I eventually found a process that works great.

Thanks! I actually used SpazStix chrome. The paint process is a little nuts for this stuff. Getting the base coat black glossy enough is a battle, but I eventually found a process that works great.

Ha I actually recommended that stuff to a guy doing a terminator paint up lol. Not used it but heard great things... looks superb. Have you added to the spots on the dome ?

Ha I actually recommended that stuff to a guy doing a terminator paint up lol. Not used it but heard great things... looks superb. Have you added to the spots on the dome ?

Good eye. Yeah, I wasn't happy with the look of the original spots. Seemed a little too cartoony. I added some smaller freckles over that area of the dome, and slimed it up to blend everything together.

WOW!! :horror The predalien looks amazing Kevin, excellent work! That Kylo ren lightsaber isn't so bad either :wink1:

Good eye. Yeah, I wasn't happy with the look of the original spots. Seemed a little too cartoony. I added some smaller freckles over that area of the dome, and slimed it up to blend everything together.

I thought so. Worked out really well. And your right, it does tend to look too cartoonish and 'printed' . Thats the only part of the sideshow pred alien i didnt like . Not major but just nagged me a bit. Really awesome work Kev :)

Back