- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater - Nov. UPDATES!

Very cool! What kind of lightsabers are those?

Nice! Did you cut holes in the back panel of the bookcase for your av components?

Very cool! What kind of lightsabers are those?

I've developed a saber hilt fetish recently. Having a metal hilt in your hand is just too darn cool. Admittedly, I don't plan on picking up any of the super expensive ones. I'm slowly collecting customs, mods, and fan made hilts.

From the top down:

- Empty space for my new Starkiller hilt, coming soon
- MR Force FX Vader - converted to a display hilt
- Vader inspired custom - fan made
- Parks Sabers Luke - very early iteration
- MR Force FX Anakin - converted to a display hilt

Nice! Did you cut holes in the back panel of the bookcase for your av components?

I just opted not to install the backing on that Besta unit. I put in a diagonal wood brace on the rear to help keep it sturdy through. It worked out well, and looks much nicer than my old metal rack.

How's you system coming along? Have you started building it yet?

Great displays bro, i like it, very classy !

I just opted not to install the backing on that Besta unit. I put in a diagonal wood brace on the rear to help keep it sturdy through. It worked out well, and looks much nicer than my old metal rack.

How's you system coming along? Have you started building it yet?

As a matter of fact I spent all of last week building my new system...well the video side of it at least. I flipped my entire living room around, put up a 92" fixed screen(big as I can go at our viewing distance), and mounted a BenQ W1070 projector. As you probably know it was more work than it sounds like lol. Getting the projector placement correct was a PITA. I'm loving my theater now. Will be updating my collection thread soon with pics.

I've been shopping for racks/cabinets for my gear. Tough decisions ahead. :thud:

As a matter of fact I spent all of last week building my new system...well the video side of it at least. I flipped my entire living room around, put up a 92" fixed screen(big as I can go at our viewing distance), and mounted a BenQ W1070 projector. As you probably know it was more work than it sounds like lol. Getting the projector placement correct was a PITA. I'm loving my theater now. Will be updating my collection thread soon with pics.

I've been shopping for racks/cabinets for my gear. Tough decisions ahead. :thud:

Awesome! The 1070 is by far the best buy for the money right now. With a little tuning, it looks great. And yes, getting the right placement is irritating. I hvae to tweak mine two or three times a year. When the temp changes it drifts slightly. Expensive mounts make it more painless, but they cost.

I finally upgraded my theater speakers to polk rti's, and I love them. Great value if you're on a budget.

Awesome! The 1070 is by far the best buy for the money right now. With a little tuning, it looks great. And yes, getting the right placement is irritating. I hvae to tweak mine two or three times a year. When the temp changes it drifts slightly. Expensive mounts make it more painless, but they cost.

I finally upgraded my theater speakers to polk rti's, and I love them. Great value if you're on a budget.

Awesome speakers man! I have Goldenear's all the way around with an SVS sub. 5.1 system. I had to build this mount out of 2x6's to extend the 1070 from the wall to fit the screen size. I wrapped it in black velvet to make it somewhat presentable. I think it might be temporary though. I may make an extension and use a higher quality ceiling mount that has easier, more precise adjustments. That or get a more expensive projector with better zoom and lens shift, which I don't really want to do because the picture is awesome on this one.

You are a crazy, crazy man! And I love it! :rock

Truly amazing piece's! :bow

Awesome speakers man! I have Goldenear's all the way around with an SVS sub. 5.1 system. I had to build this mount out of 2x6's to extend the 1070 from the wall to fit the screen size. I wrapped it in black velvet to make it somewhat presentable. I think it might be temporary though. I may make an extension and use a higher quality ceiling mount that has easier, more precise adjustments. That or get a more expensive projector with better zoom and lens shift, which I don't really want to do because the picture is awesome on this one

Excellent sound setup, well done! It does sound like a ceiling mount is the route you need to go. Good luck, keep building.

I've developed a saber hilt fetish recently. Having a metal hilt in your hand is just too darn cool. Admittedly, I don't plan on picking up any of the super expensive ones. I'm slowly collecting customs, mods, and fan made hilts.

From the top down:

- Empty space for my new Starkiller hilt, coming soon
- MR Force FX Vader - converted to a display hilt
- Vader inspired custom - fan made
- Parks Sabers Luke - very early iteration
- MR Force FX Anakin - converted to a display hilt

Get a Graflex conversion, you'll love it then ;)

Alright, now it's time for update #2.

I finally got around to refinishing my walk-in closet. The iMac that runs my plex home theater system lives in here, plus my movie hard drives, AV receiver, UPS, etc. The space was a mess of old Star Wars stuff before. Way under-utilized.

I wanted somewhere to store smaller pieces, with room for a little reading area. I ended up going with Ikea Billy shelves, Inreda LEDs (recently discontinued), and Morliden glass doors. I left my old Star Wars figs up on one wall, though this only represents a fraction of them. The rest of the Kenner/Hasbro Star Wars stuff is back in storage.

Really excited to have a new area to display smaller props. Have a look.

BEFORE:

...AFTER:

Awesome collection.What stands are this for the lightsabers?

Awesome collection.What stands are this for the lightsabers?

I need to hang onto that secret just a little longer, haha. I'm still trying to track down a couple more, and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot. Give me a couple weeks on that.

Dam this is one awesome collection and display . Cant get enough of this collection... its just so awesome from every angle.

Jealous!

Just picked up an Old Republic Sith Acolyte lightsaber hilt. This one has a hasbro soundboard installed.

For an affordable saber, it's pretty darn cool. It came with a removable red blade.

Dam this is one awesome collection and display . Cant get enough of this collection... its just so awesome from every angle.

Jealous!

Thanks dude! It's taken awhile, that's for sure. I'm feeling the need to purge a few items so I don't run out of room.

Back