- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater -

Beyond the work on the pulse rifle, those shots are just excellent. :lecture Love the atmosphere.

Thanks, I put in a little extra effort on those shots. Glad it got noticed!

Just wrapping up a new addition to the collection. I've done a few Kylo lightsaber hilts, and had delayed finishing this fella. Honestly, the print quality on this one was awful. Getting a high end finish on it was going to take a ton of work. So...

I ended up going with a rusted look. Something that felt like an ancient artifact. It's unique addition to my other hilts. Check it out:

I'm proud to show this crazy thing off after a few days of work. I've always wanted a severed Darth Vader hand, but wasn't happy with any of the ones I'd seen. I initially planned to put a high end ROTJ saber in here, but ended up using a cheap (albeit less accurate) hilt that I could weather and damage.

The hand is hand made of wood and wire. All the fingers can be positioned individually. The hand is removable from the base, and the hilt is removable from the hand.

I'm considering doing a second one with more expensive parts. Either way, pretty happy with the results:

great work. Do you do this kind of thing for a living?

Crazy skills man. That hand looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perfection! Seen this on your Instagram and was stunned man. Good job!

Right on! Thanks.

Dude, there's so much good statue/prop/display inspiration on instagram. Can barely peel my eyes off my phone sometimes.

Crazy skills man. That hand looks amazing!

Appreciate that man.

How'd the move go? I get anxiety just thinking about moving my collection again.

Appreciate that man.

How'd the move go? I get anxiety just thinking about moving my collection again.

It went pretty bad to be honest. I had to scrap and rebuild all four of my pax display units. I still need to tidy up the wires. I've been spending all my time working on my new theater room. Lots of work, but also a dream come true lol. My man cave will be epic.

It went pretty bad to be honest. I had to scrap and rebuild all four of my pax display units. I still need to tidy up the wires. I've been spending all my time working on my new theater room. Lots of work, but also a dream come true lol. My man cave will be epic.

oh no... Sorry to hear it. Can wait to see your new theater. I'm sure it'll be crazy.

Wonderful work, a great piece of work!

Back