- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater - BIG update

Yep, it's a Mac-based edit suite w/ thunderbolt arrays.

Would love to see more pics of your desk setup in this thread :) That Mac Pro looks gorgeous! Did you say you were getting the 5k iMac too?
Lacie drives look super sexy, but yes, more pics of your desk setup too please, what a turn on! lol

Does your version have the pipes that shoot the Co2 gas out of the back? I've seen one with it but didn't know if the owner had modded t.

Would love to see more pics of your desk setup in this thread :) That Mac Pro looks gorgeous! Did you say you were getting the 5k iMac too?
Lacie drives look super sexy, but yes, more pics of your desk setup too please, what a turn on! lol

I have some other desk photos buried in this thread somewhere. I just upgraded the computer in the theater to an iMac last week. That computer and it's new rack/shelf is tucked away in a closet. I'll have to get some pics of it later.

Here's a quick desk shot though:

Does your version have the pipes that shoot the Co2 gas out of the back? I've seen one with it but didn't know if the owner had modded t.

No, mine isn't run for co2. Womp, womp. That would be cool, but I would get very little use out of it.

I could see hooking it into a tiny fog machine while on display. Now that would be cool.

Thanks for the pic, looks so nice!
Look forward to more updates :) thanks!

Helmet looks absolutely awesome. What a mind blowing set up and collection.

Very Amazing bro!

Again bro... simply AWESOME!

Wow! Awesome looking room!! :rock

Helmet looks absolutely awesome. What a mind blowing set up and collection.

Thanks all!

Like I said, I've been working on some gloves to go with the helmet. In the film, there are at least two version of these for the white compression suit. There are the ones Ripley actually wears in the wide shots (plain white) and the ones used for the insert shots (Decals and piping). Theses gloves are a middle ground between the two versions. Here's is my first pass at them. If I track down the vintage gloves which are an exact match, I might do another pair:

I'd leave it.

At the moment It looks like a piece you could just take off the stand and wear. If you turn it into a bust, you loose that effect IMHO.

:wink1:

Wow to the umteenth power dmpsk8!

Those two rooms and your set up is phenomenal!! Words really cannot describe it! So Awesome!

Awesome collection! Really enjoyed seeing all of your pics! :clap

One of the best setups I've seen here. A few questions.

1. What speakers are you using on your desktop? They look like Dynaudio but I'm not sure.

2. What's the little cube under the Alien spacesuit helmet? As many times as I've seen Alien I should know...Thanks.

Back