- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater - Custom Synth!

Small but cool update. I finally picked up a Neca Kane figure. I really don't collect figures, so this was a rare move. This thing was just too well executed to pass up.

I sculpted a little custom base for him, and painted in some of the white fabric details on the suit. I highly recommend picking one up. It's great.

NECA Kane w/ base

Awesome set up and collection dude!!! I'm more interested in your theater room, not that your collectables aren't amazing, but I'd love to know what's going on with that A/V rack in the right side of that picture of the theater and what kind of audio set up you're running

Awesome set up and collection dude!!! I'm more interested in your theater room, not that your collectables aren't amazing, but I'd love to know what's going on with that A/V rack in the right side of that picture of the theater and what kind of audio set up you're running

Well, it's not too crazy. I'm running a Plex home theater system from a mac mini + PS3, PS4, and a few other decks. I'm actually upgrading the system to an iMac in the next couple weeks. I wanted more horsepower for playing back 4K. The setup will have 8TB (thunderbolt raids) of storage for moves.

The AV Receiver is Yamaha and all the speakers will be Polk when I finish upgrading. It's a 5.2 setup.

Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater - ALIEN

I like the Neca fig man! And thanks for sharing about your a/v rig too.

I like the Neca fig man! And thanks for sharing about your a/v rig too.

No problem. Good luck with your sales BTW. Looks like you've been able to move a bunch of pieces already.

Very original bro!

Thanks dude. Too bad you're an ocean away, I'd love to check out your collection in person.

Last edited:

Thanks dude. Too bad you're an ocean away, I'd love to check out your collection in person.

No problem. Good luck with your sales BTW. Looks like you've been able to move a bunch of pieces already.
You're welcome to stop by if you're ever near Chicago. [emoji4]

Well, it's not too crazy. I'm running a Plex home theater system from a mac mini + PS3, PS4, and a few other decks. I'm actually upgrading the system to an iMac in the next couple weeks. I wanted more horsepower for playing back 4K. The setup will have 8TB (thunderbolt raids) of storage for moves.

The AV Receiver is Yamaha and all the speakers will be Polk when I finish upgrading. It's a 5.2 setup.

Thanks for answering my question. That's a pretty cool set up! Look forward to seeing future updates

Out of the blue, I came across a piece I've been looking for forever. It's by far of the the rarest bits in my collection. She's a total grail.

I'm excited to share some pics. Here's a little teaser for now:

Looking for to seeing more pics...if not for the plaque I'd have zero idea as to what that is lol.

Alien Mk.50 helmet stand in progress...

Alien
Mk.50 Compression Suit Helmet

Here it is. I was really lucky to pick this up. An artist from out west made a hand full of these helmets awhile back, and they're a real pain to get a hold of. This is the helmet from the final scene in Alien, where Ripley escapes in the shuttle. Its pretty darn accurate, and really well built.

I built up a custom base and nameplate for it. The helmet includes a little Weyland Yutani power block (9v inside) to power all the electronics.

Really proud to have this baby in my collection. Fellow Alien fanatics will understand. I'm working on a pair of gloves to go with the display. I'll share when they are done.

And the little guy from Neca:

Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater - BIG update

Wow, you have one amazing setup dmpsk8!!
Loving your collection, but more interested in your desk setup too, is that a Mac Pro? :)

I offically wet my pants. I'd kill for that helmet.

Last edited:

Very beautiful job, and your pics are AMAZING!

That collection is LEGENDARY!
Congrats buddy thats Awesomeness on his best :D

I offically wet my pants. I'd kill for that helmet.

I feel the same way, and had to pay accordingly. haha. It's so iconic.

Very beautiful job, and your pics are AMAZING!

Thanks man!

That collection is LEGENDARY!
Congrats buddy thats Awesomeness on his best :D
Thanks!

That Alien helmet looks fantastic! :rock

I know you're a stickler for accuracy, so I figured it would be right up your alley. BTW, your Graflex sabers are awesome! Those are the real deal.

Wow, you have one amazing setup dmpsk8!!
Loving your collection, but more interested in your desk setup too, is that a Mac Pro? :)

Yep, it's a Mac-based edit suite w/ thunderbolt arrays.

Back