- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater - Updates!

So here's a fun update. Last week I picked up a lifesize I,ROBOT Sonny bust. This was from the Japanese DVD release. I always thought this thing had major potential, though I wasn't a huge fan of the factory finish.

If you're a stickler for 100% screen accuracy, don't bother scrolling down because I've taken a few creative liberties here.

I've been thinking of this custom as a "prototype N-S5." The face was stripped clear and repainted. The inner skull details have been completely reworked. After much experimentation, I settled on gloss black eyes. They just made the bust feel so much more intense, especially compared to the original painted "Sonny" eyes. The base was weighted with steel for a heavier feel. Added a bunch of little details, and I think the end result is pretty neat. Enjoy:

I, ROBOT
N-S5 Prototype Bust

Last edited:

Thanks guys!

very nice great collection.

HUGE update coming. Stay tuned.

Time for a big reveal.

A few years ago, a fellow board member refinished his Oxmox T-600 statue with great results. I was super inspired by his work, and decided to totally overhaul mine.

This T-600 project has been a long, fun road. I feel like I could keep tinkering endlessly. The big fella has been upgraded with a real fabric wardrobe, areas have been re-sculpted, and it's had a comprehensive repaint. The base has been repainted in a two-tone style with real ammo shells. The factory head lacked detail, so I ended up replacing it entirely. The new head can be rotated, and has a removable rubber mask (thanks for the tip crusaderscollection).

The factory ammo belt was one of the worst pieces of crap I’ve ever come across, haha. It was made of a terribly frail resin, and could barely support its own weight. Anyone who owns one of these statues knows what I’m talking about. I replaced the crappy ammo belt with a real metal ammo belt. It’s less accurate, but looks infinitely better in person.

Check out the pics.

Custom Oxmox Life Size T600 Statue
AFTER:

T600 mask v2. Really like this one:

Video Here:

Last edited:

Very very cool man! Nice work! :clap

Very very cool man! Nice work! :clap

Thanks!

The tinkering continues. I've been experimenting with an alternate scarf. It has a ton of texture and dimension in person.

Last edited:

very, very, very cool! I wouldnt want this in my house....looks like its gonna walk off that platform.

Man that looks totally awesome. I had the chance to get this at a crazy low price and I planned to do something very similar but I backed out :( Although its very well sculpted, to me it just looked too sculpted at that scale and what you have done is exactly what I had planned and mate, it has improved it vastly. There is a very well modded one on the tube, have you seen that one? He also dressed the base up quite a bit.

Man im jealous. Totally awesome . Love how you have switched the head out so you can have him masked or unmasked . Love it.

Thanks all! I've been considering replacing the LED strip in the base with some little spotlights. I'll keep the thread posted as things refine.

Man that looks totally awesome. Although its very well sculpted, to me it just looked too sculpted at that scale and what you have done is exactly what I had planned and mate, it has improved it vastly. There is a very well modded one on the tube, have you seen that one?

I don't think I've seen it. PLEASE share a link.

I tried to rework this statue to integrate parts of the sculpted clothing. I didn't want to cover up everything, or he'd look too fat. It's a fine line.

Truly fantastic work Kev :clap really well done brother :)

Thanks man. Your collection is always evolving. I need to work my way through your entire thread (for the second time) soon.

Thanks man. Your collection is always evolving. I need to work my way through your entire thread (for the second time) soon.

:lol :lol your welcome bro...love seeing your work :)

Yea, my thread just keeps on going :thud: got some big guns coming soon bro so keep an eye out! ;)

Back