- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Office - New collection room!

Alright, I have a few fun updates...

First is a new shelf for a few of my "smalls." The Snowtrooper is making me fall in love with PFs. Really really well done piece. I'll be keeping an eye peeled for more that might fit into my collection.

Update #2 is a bit more exciting. I'm just putting the finishing touches on my custom prototype-style Boba Fett helmet. I really love the way it turned out. In typical fashion, I had to go with a weathered look for the paint app. I'm still waiting to install the helmet's liner. Enjoy:

Last edited:
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater - Updates!

Fantastic addition and my favorite collection on here.
Clean, elegant and beautifully presented.
Congrats..

Posting with a really cool update today.

I recently had a 1:1 C-3PO bust get mangled in shipping. Bad. I mean headless-horseman and totally shattered. I decided to salvage what I could, and totally rebuild/repaint him. Sideshow auctioned off a K-3po prototype awhile back, and I always loved that bust. So... I figured it was time to do my own. The idea was to go with an aged flat-white paint, and a snowy Hoth-style base.

I took a few liberties with the design to make him look a bit more intense. Specifically, I decided to leave the pupil out of the eye. It made the character feel a little less friendly, which was a cool effect. The wires and relays on the base actually came out of my old furnace, which died last week. Recycling some scrap parts from it felt that a fitting end to that beast.

Overall, I'm really happy with how it turned out. Have a look, feedback is always welcome.

WIP:

K-3PO
Custom 1:1 life size bust

Alright, I have a few fun updates...

First is a new shelf for a few of my "smalls." The Snowtrooper is making me fall in love with PFs. Really really well done piece. I'll be keeping an eye peeled for more that might fit into my collection.

Damn, that Matrix Sentinel is fab! :rock
- Where is it from ( Note: Negative points for "Machine City" :lol )

Damn, that Matrix Sentinel is fab! :rock
- Where is it from ( Note: Negative points for "Machine City" :lol )

It's a repainted McF one. Pretty good bang for the buck, especially considering the cost of the (smaller) hot toys version.

Ah, I thought it might by - It looks bigger then I remember!

I actually have the Hot Toys variant, which I picked up for a good price but that looks great I have to say.
- Did you repaint it yourself, if so was it difficult to do?

It wasn't too bad. I used red caliper paint for the eyes (hard, super glossy), then some dark low lights in the crevices, then some worn metallic silver edges on the high points.

Where has this thread been all my life?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ha! Was thinking the same thing when I subscribed earlier!! Awesome thread Kev, thanks for sharing

Just had a look through: what an amazing space and display you have! Congratulations! Looks incredible!

No problem. Glad you're enjoying it. Work has been crazy, otherwise I'd have more custom project going. Hopefully it slows down this spring.

Back