- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Office - New collection room!

Fantastic addition Kevin :clap think your talents need to be rewarded bro cos you got talent :clap PM sent buddy ;)

Not at all.

The snow trooper plaque is made from a thin piece of particle board with speaker grille shaped over it, and various other plastic and metal parts. The base was partially made from a pickle jar lid, haha. It was epoxied and screwed together, then primed and painted. The back of the plaque has snow sculpted in on it (stucco paste). The stucco was sealed with pva glue before painting.

I'm going to shoot some better photos of the it and the helmet. I'm finishing up a nicer base/bust for helmet as we speak.

Last edited:

As promised, more pics of the 1:1 snowtooper bust/helmet. The base is weighted, which makes it feel much more substantial.

Wow impressive what you used to make this and such simple things to make an awesome looking tag, maybe if im feeling creative I might try this myself. Thanks for the info man, much appreciated. I'm guessing the actual lettering if just a printed sticker used with photoshop?

Wow impressive what you used to make this and such simple things to make an awesome looking tag, maybe if im feeling creative I might try this myself. Thanks for the info man, much appreciated. I'm guessing the actual lettering if just a printed sticker used with photoshop?

There are a bunch of ways you could go about it. For a top-end look, I'd recommend layering laser cut pieces of plastic. In this particular case, I carefully printed on some translucent plastic sheets.

So, I have a really cool project I've been working on for awhile, and it's finally done. I've been dying to share it. Hopefully it inspires somebody else out there. Here are the teaser pics.

1:1 Han Solo in Carbonite Door
IN PROGRESS...

This door leads into a walk-in closet where I store all my old Star Wars stuff. That's how I got hooked on collecting way back. I don't really collect much of it anymore, but it's still nice to display in an out-of-the-way area like this.

1:1 Han Solo in Carbonite Door
FINISHED!

Thanks Darth!

Just awesome Kevin! How did you get the Han Solo cast? Was it taken from an original? Love your work bro :clap

Just awesome Kevin! How did you get the Han Solo cast? Was it taken from an original? Love your work bro :clap

I'm actually not sure of the cast's origins. I bought it second hand and finished it. If it isn't from the original molds, it's pretty darn accurate.

That Han Solo door is amazing! Great job man!

Wow. You are good mister

Wow .. that Solo Carbonite door ROCKS!!!! Awesome customization work brother.

Nice set up and collection.

Back