- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Office - New collection room!

Alright, time for a big reveal.

Last week I picked up the grail of my collection. A custom 1:1 ABC warrior bust. This bust was sculpted by an artist in Nashville. It was sold twice before I finally tracked it down and bought it. I'm 99% done with the repaint and detailing. The original build was OK, but it lacked too much detail for my taste.

After adding a million little bits, wires, hoses, etc… it's just about ready. I'll put up more pics once the final layer of rust paint is done. Enjoy.

1:1 Custom ABC Warrior

Just AMAZING WOW!!!

that's sooo incredible! Congrats on a truly awesome piece. Wow!

Re: - dmpsk8's SCI-FI collection -- statues, busts, etc -- HUGE Alien/s fan

Where did You get that Battle Damaged War Machine, and how do I get My hands on one!!!

Where did You get that Battle Damaged War Machine, and how do I get My hands on one!!!

I actually repainted one of them with a battle damaged look.

Unfortunately, that bust was sold awhile back. I miss it.

I actually repainted one of them with a battle damaged look.

Unfortunately, that bust was sold awhile back. I miss it.

Do you mind suggesting to me who should I have Repaint mine...

Your collection is on another level!!!
Mindblowing amazing!

Thanks fellas.

Most of my shelves are ikea Besta's with LED lighting. I highly recommend them. If you're looking to be thrifty, these look pretty sharp even without purchasing doors. I recommend you check out this thread here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?76999-BESTA-love-and-idea-thread

Sorry to say, the glass tombo doors (seen in my photos) are now discontinued. It's a travesty, most Ikeas sold out of them last spring. However they do still make a host of other glass doors. Putting the right combo togeether takes some patience and creatively, good luck!

Ikea Besta Shelving

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=besta

Thanks all. I have a few new acquisitions that have come in. I'll try to throw up some pics tomorrow.

Amazing setup. Love the room

1:2 scale R2-D2 just got moved into the theater.

I bought this kit recently, and it was totally mangled in shipping. The paint on it was a special blend of weaksauce, so… I rebuilt the pup and repainted everything. It's pose-able and can be disassembled, which is pretty slick. It stands about 2ft tall.

Not sure if I'll be keeping this one, but it's here for now. I'm sure it would look epic next to any of the SS legendary scale figures.

Yep, I think 10 of the kits exist at the moment.

To be honest, I was un-impressed with a few aspects of it. The severe shipping damage to the piece speaks to how weak parts of the construction are.

Hey bro, I was a smidgen away from ordering the same 1/2 scale R2 kit along with the 1/2 scale Vader until I had a bit of a disagreement with the seller shall we say and so the deal fell through in the end. Infact, I believe the same guy plans on also making a 1/2 scale C-3PO aswell :dunno Great paint job on yours but a shame you've decided to let it go :( Awesome update again :clap

Hey bro, I was a smidgen away from ordering the same 1/2 scale R2 kit along with the 1/2 scale Vader until I had a bit of a disagreement with the seller shall we say and so the deal fell through in the end. Infact, I believe the same guy plans on also making a 1/2 scale C-3PO aswell :dunno Great paint job on yours but a shame you've decided to let it go :( Awesome update again :clap

Unfortunately, I also found the sellers practices to be a little sketchy on all fronts. It was really disappointing given how nice these pieces could be.

I haven't sold R2 yet, just considering the option! He's still here for the immediate future.

Unfortunately, I also found the sellers practices to be a little sketchy on all fronts. It was really disappointing given how nice these pieces could be.

I haven't sold R2 yet, just considering the option! He's still here for the immediate future.

Certainly agree there buddy ;) but yea, its a shame as like you said, there was so much potential in these pieces. Were you offered a soundboard for your R2 unit? I was going to get one added to mine for something like $50...would've been a nice add on with the lights and all :)

I didn't go for the sound, LEDs only.

Back