Keir Dullea as Red Spaceman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That said "2010" was made and does exist and if this stuff does appear in that movie (I've never bothered to watch it) I will concede that they could possibly get license to do merchandise that way.

But again, "Discovery Astronaut Keir Dullea" screams "WE DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE THE MOVIE RIGHTS!"

Regarding the first part: Yes, both Bowman and the Space Pod appear in "2010". Albeit Bowman is considerably older looking, even though he's supposed to be the same age as in 2001.

BOWMAN
2010d.jpg

POD
2010h.jpg

Regarding the second part, I agree 100%. If you have the license why would you give the figure a generic title and use the ACTOR'S real name instead of the characters name!? And why would you omit the actual franchise title, either 2001 or 2010 if you had the right to!? And if it's a matter of "well they're in the process of getting the license" then my next question would be "Do you think it would HELP or HURT your chances to secure a license from a company if you ALREADY had stuff made up and displayed in a trade show using those likenesses?" Because I would think the latter.

Wow, Thanks.

The price of the Underwriter's Pod is $2000 and will go up to $3000 after pre-orders are done being taken.
:horror :horror

I really hope this is not a deal for CC to mass produce pods. I have the
utmost respect for Scott's modelling skills and I am sure he works hard.
But he is already about 10 years behind on his preorders.

For what it's worth I suggested to one of the representitives of Executive Replicas that someone should post some clarification on the Bowman figure. The one thing I am pretty sure on is that the likeness is licensed throught Keir Dullea. The portrait sculpt was done by Joy Snyder of Joy and Tom Studios. Her husband and son were at the show displaying some of their statue work at another booth. All that they knew for sure was that the figure was a joint project between Executive Replicas and Go Hero. Their only involvment with the project to this point was sculpting and painting the head. They did say there might be some slight tweaking of the sculpt as there is only 4 hours of work into it so far.

Last edited:
...They did say there might be some slight tweaking of the sculpt as there is only 4 hours of work into it so far.

WOW! Pretty good for only 4 hours of work!

I hope we get some 'real' clarification on the license, figure, pod soon...I'd love to know what exactly they will be offering so I can stash some $$$ aside for it.

:angelsmil

dsc05179ji2.jpg

lmao @ the "Clash of the Titans" Perseus knock-off behind the Skeleton. Looks more like Sylvester Stallone than Harry Hamlin.
I think the sign says "Wrath of the Titan" :lol

Although the mechanical Owl Bubo looks cool.

If this turns out to be legit, this would be EXCELLENT news. I've been clamoring for this license to be done for years. I even started up a thread here not too long ago regarding the possibility of Hot Toys running with the license. I sure hope this is for real.

If this turns out to be legit, this would be EXCELLENT news. I've been clamoring for this license to be done for years. I even started up a thread here not too long ago regarding the possibility of Hot Toys running with the license. I sure hope this is for real.

You and me both! And Darklord Dave...and...well...I'm sure the list is too many to name! :D

For what it's worth I suggested to one of the representitives of Executive Replicas that someone should post some clarification on the Bowman figure. The one thing I am pretty sure on is that the likeness is licensed throught Keir Dullea. The portrait sculpt was done by Joy Snyder of Joy and Tom Studios. Her husband and son were at the show displaying some of their statue work at another booth. All that they knew for sure was that the figure was a joint project between Executive Replicas and Go Hero. Their only involvment with the project to this point was sculpting and painting the head. They did say there might be some slight tweaking of the sculpt as there is only 4 hours of work into it so far.

If it's a joint figure, I could see Bowman going for quite a bit of $$$

dsc05179ji2.jpg

lmao @ the "Clash of the Titans" Perseus knock-off behind the Skeleton. Looks more like Sylvester Stallone than Harry Hamlin.

Its not supposed to look like him this is based on Wrath of the Titans Comic.

dsc05179ji2.jpg

You're kinda coming from a place of ignorance on that, its not a "knock off" because "Wrath of the Titans" is a comic book. But that said, I'm not too happy with the face either. Its too generic.

Back