DAMTOYS 78084 Operation Red Wings -NAVY SEALS SDV TEAM 1 Corpsman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched some clips and heard the soundtrack again, now I really want to get the entire team but Murphy is sold out everywhere and the only place that has him is eBay from sketchy Chinese sellers, Does anybody have any experience with those sellers that have very similar prices and store pages? one has 9 in stock of Murphy so I don't know just curious.
I'm in the same situation. I've got the other three figures either pre-ordered or on the way. I just need the team leader but just don't trust these Ebay sellers...

I'm in the same situation. I've got the other three figures either pre-ordered or on the way. I just need the team leader but just don't trust these Ebay sellers...
--

Lately, there are a number of discussions across a variety of 1:6 forums/groups on and off social media about questionable eBay sellers and certain known vendors operating in Hong Kong/mainland China with proof of very questionable business practices resulting in many collectors being fleeced to put it mildly.

I'm not going to delve into the particulars because there are a number of discussion threads about that within CF with posts/replies of varying nuances ranging from gullibility, being naive, ignorant, oblivious, lack of comprehension, hesitation, desperation, plain stupidity, and disregard of common sense/due diligence.

We all know more or less eBay too gone downhill due to scamming sellers AND buyers.

However, certain figures some of us are wanting can be found provided due diligence is cautiously exercised. Even veterans fall prey to being impulsive to the lure of a finding something truly wanted where a lapse of discretion/judgment ends up coming back and biting big time.

I'm not recommending/saying not to do business with eBay sellers in China/Hong Kong. Just exercise common sense and due diligence by taking all known and reasonable precautions before pulling the trigger.

Not all sellers (or buyers) are scammers, but as of late we're reading about such more than usual.

1648748305371.png

--

Lately, there are a number of discussions across a variety of 1:6 forums/groups on and off social media about questionable eBay sellers and certain known vendors operating in Hong Kong/mainland China with proof of very questionable business practices resulting in many collectors being fleeced to put it mildly.

I'm not going to delve into the particulars because there are a number of discussion threads about that within CF with posts/replies of varying nuances ranging from gullibility, being naive, ignorant, oblivious, lack of comprehension, hesitation, desperation, plain stupidity, and disregard of common sense/due diligence.

We all know more or less eBay too gone downhill due to scamming sellers AND buyers.

However, certain figures some of us are wanting can be found provided due diligence is cautiously exercised. Even veterans fall prey to being impulsive to the lure of a finding something truly wanted where a lapse of discretion/judgment ends up coming back and biting big time.

I'm not recommending/saying not to do business with eBay sellers in China/Hong Kong. Just exercise common sense and due diligence by taking all known and reasonable precautions before pulling the trigger.

Not all sellers (or buyers) are scammers, but as of late we're reading about such more than usual.

View attachment 569686
Sadly enough, I've been burned more by fellow hobbyists than by Ebay scammers. In all of the years that I've been in the hobby, I think I've been ripped off three different times. Fortunately, not for a lot of money. (all less than a $100 bucks or so. I remember $35 and about $100 for sure.)

As for this particular figure, hopefully it becomes available within the US for a decent price. If not, a custom bash may be in order...

Sadly enough, I've been burned more by fellow hobbyists than by Ebay scammers. In all of the years that I've been in the hobby, I think I've been ripped off three different times. Fortunately, not for a lot of money. (all less than a $100 bucks or so. I remember $35 and about $100 for sure.)
--

I know what you mean.

It "stings" more because a 1:6 collector/hobbyist takes advantage of fellow collectors/hobbyists.

Trust is hard to find and hold nowadays.

Personally, I'm just going to wait.

Eventually, I'll find a Murphy. Maybe it'll be at a model show or on a forum like this or maybe just a US-based seller on eBay. I don't think the China sellers are worth the risk, because fraud and knockoffs.

I already have Dietz, Axelson just shipped from Giantoy today and I have Luttrell on pre-order. I'm glad I won't run into problems acquiring them so it makes waiting for a Murphy easier. Just gotta be patient but I know I'll find one. I'm sure you will too.

Personally, I'm just going to wait.

Eventually, I'll find a Murphy. Maybe it'll be at a model show or on a forum like this or maybe just a US-based seller on eBay. I don't think the China sellers are worth the risk, because fraud and knockoffs.

I already have Dietz, Axelson just shipped from Giantoy today and I have Luttrell on pre-order. I'm glad I won't run into problems acquiring them so it makes waiting for a Murphy easier. Just gotta be patient but I know I'll find one. I'm sure you will too.
I agree 100%. A similar thing happened to me with the DiD "Saving Private Ryan" line. I initially missed out on Caparzo but was able to get him on Ebay from a US based seller for roughly $20 over retail and that was long after he had been sold out. Patience truly is a virtue.

As far as Russia, I feel for the people of Ukraine and think this is a very unjust war, but it's not like Damtoys suddenly decided to make Russian soldiers as a result of the invasion. They've been making them for years, so I don't really have an issue with them putting out more. I have no interest in collecting them but they look really good.

I agree about Damtoys. Until I started looking into this Red Wings squad, I had no idea how good the military figures they make look. This is the Marine I was referring to:

View attachment 569433 View attachment 569434
View attachment 569435

It's incredible how much stuff comes with it and how good everything looks from top to bottom. I wasn't planning on being a big military collector, but it's hard not to see something like this and instantly want it.

Unfortunately, DAM seems pretty slow as getting stuff out, not sure if that's just due to the pandemic or just how they operate, but nothing Hot Toys or LIM Toys collectors aren't used to. Seems like ThreeZero is one of the only brands that actually puts out good quality on schedule these days.

In any case, good to see a little military buzz around here, especially as someone just dipping his feet in for the first time.
I haven’t bought a military figure in years. I will be getting the one you posted

I haven’t bought a military figure in years. I will be getting the one you posted
The marine? Yeah I ordered one too. My only military figure was the Facepool Dick Winters before I got these Red Wings figures. But when I saw how incredibly detailed that marine figure was, I had to have it It looks so good.

The marine? Yeah I ordered one too. My only military figure was the Facepool Dick Winters before I got these Red Wings figures. But when I saw how incredibly detailed that marine figure was, I had to have it It looks so good.
I think there is another version with the same sculpt but different fatigues. Not sure which I’m getting yet. Hell maybe both.

I think there is another version with the same sculpt but different fatigues. Not sure which I’m getting yet. Hell maybe both.
Yeah, that's my dilemma as well haha. One is the desert fatigues and the other is the woodland/standard marine camo). Can't decide which one I want. Leaning the desert fatigues. Might end up with both. The problem is, that Enduring Freedom Delta Force figure they're also putting out looks good. Realllllllly good.

1648824352210.png

1648824382610.png

1648824418503.png

The Rangers have always been my favorite unit within the US military and I'm afraid if I get this guy and both marines it's going to lead me down a really slippery slope.

I've been tempted with this one, as well. I believe it may be based on Kyle Lamb. While I like the full desert camo look, I like how it looks with the denim jeans.

Kyle Lamb was where my mind went too. Wasn't sure if these sculpts were based on anyone, but there's a Mads Mikkelsen Delta guy out there somewhere and the desert fatigues marine is 100% Ed Skrein when you look at it, so I'm thinking this is supposed to be Kyle Lamb as well.

Is anyone here familiar with Toys Fanatic? Tried looking for a thread to see if they're legitimate but haven't seen one, so figured I'd ask here. There's a Delta guy I haven't been able to find elsewhere that's one their site...popped up in a Google search. I've never heard of them, lead to believe they're in California but nothing on their site states where they are.

The cheapest shipping option for one of their figures was $32 and that was for basic ground...and here I thought Sideshow were criminals for their shipping. So, wasn't sure what the story was with this site. Anyone heard of them before?

Is anyone here familiar with Toys Fanatic? Tried looking for a thread to see if they're legitimate but haven't seen one, so figured I'd ask here. There's a Delta guy I haven't been able to find elsewhere that's one their site...popped up in a Google search. I've never heard of them, lead to believe they're in California but nothing on their site states where they are.

The cheapest shipping option for one of their figures was $32 and that was for basic ground...and here I thought Sideshow were criminals for their shipping. So, wasn't sure what the story was with this site. Anyone heard of them before?
--

Which DELTA figure is it?

Is it the CAG one?

What's their price?

Even some US vendors are supposedly price gouging on shipping.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're a reseller based in Asia or in the EU. Did you contact them directly to inquire?

Last edited:
--

Which DELTA figure is it?

Is it the CAG one?

What's their price?

Even some US vendors are supposedly price gouging on shipping.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're a reseller based in Asia or in the EU. Did you contact them directly to inquire?

1648946722598.png

Yes, it's this one. The CAG gunner.

I figured I'd look around and see what Delta/Rangers were around and maybe I'd make a small display of them.

They had him listed a $190 when I found the figure yesterday, down to $185 today interestingly enough.

I found their Facebook page and they only have 130 "likes" but seem to update the page daily. My plan was to send them an email on Monday (wasn't sure if they'd respond on a weekend) so I figured I'd start here and see if anyone was familiar with them.

View attachment 570009

I figured I'd look around and see what Delta/Rangers were around and maybe I'd make a small display of them.

They had him listed a $190 when I found the figure yesterday, down to $185 today interestingly enough.

I found their Facebook page and they only have 130 "likes" but seem to update the page daily. My plan was to send them an email on Monday (wasn't sure if they'd respond on a weekend) so I figured I'd start here and see if anyone was familiar with them.
--

That's a good one to have.

I have the first DELTA CAG figure, but passed on that one at the time.

The price is reasonable provided their inventory is accurate/up to date.

--

That's a good one to have.

I have the first DELTA CAG figure, but passed on that one at the time.

The price is reasonable provided their inventory is accurate/up to date.
Yeah, it's a nice looking figure. Really beginning to appreciate these military figures that I've been ignoring for too long now.

Appreciate the feedback. It's valuable, since you have good knowledge in this area. They have PayPal as a payment option, so I might roll the dice and I can always file a claim if something happens.

Yeah, it's a nice looking figure. Really beginning to appreciate these military figures that I've been ignoring for too long now.

Appreciate the feedback. It's valuable, since you have good knowledge in this area. They have PayPal as a payment option, so I might roll the dice and I can always file a claim if something happens.
--

That's your call.

If it was me, I'd be leery and wouldn't risk the effort, money, and time.

If it works for out for you, then cool.

View attachment 570009

I got this guy he's actually the last DAM figure I bought when it came out, I had planned on getting the CAG figure before this and the one announced shortly after this one and swapping their uniforms for the MARPAT uniform that comes with this guy to make a mid-2000s CAG team. After that Hot toys started making things I actually did like and I started going all in on the clone wars stuff and some DC so this guy has been lonely on a shelf with some Neptune spear DEVGRU seals.

So I checked out the site you are talking about and they have some pretty old figures in the "Best Sellers" section they are out of stock but shouldn't this have been updated? one of the figures is from TBleague from 2018 has it been sitting there without being updated or what? definitely strange.

EDIT checking it out more I've noticed they have a listing for a TBleague figure that was literally canceled and the name for the company on the site is still Phicen which they don't go by anymore and have not for some time. I also can't find any posts about this store on google going to any 1/6 discussion page and this is the first I've heard of them. I think it would be best to AVOID this site, there are a lot of question marks with this store, but who knows maybe someone has more insight to provide.

Last edited:
Back