Keir Dullea as Red Spaceman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really digging these figures. Also, I truly love that pod. Can I get some estimates on pricing for that thing. $200. is kinda my limit for individual props. I think this thing rocks but I fear $200. doesn't go as far in these troubled times. Dragon DML is putting out a WWII U.S. Willy for $250+. To me this surpasses that by far and would make an excellent addition to anyones collection.

I am really digging these figures. Also, I truly love that pod. Can I get some estimates on pricing for that thing. $200. is kinda my limit for individual props. I think this thing rocks but I fear $200. doesn't go as far in these troubled times. Dragon DML is putting out a WWII U.S. Willy for $250+. To me this surpasses that by far and would make an excellent addition to anyones collection.

This isn't Dragon or Hot Toys, it's a smaller company, My guess would be between at least $300-500 for the pod, depending how detailed the inside is. Dave, maybe $175-250.

I talked with the gohero developer/president and his wife for awhile on Fri. A fantastic guy, a fan himself, with all the right desires to get his company off the ground but also supply us fan with top notch pieces at as affordable a price as possible. I wish him all the best and hope all these figures are a huge hit for him.

This isn't Dragon or Hot Toys, it's a smaller company, My guess would be between at least $300-500 for the pod, depending how detailed the inside is. Dave, maybe $175-250.

Thank you.

I will surely be watching the news on these figures.
Buck, Flash, and Dave are now on my list. :)

Last edited:
I talked with the gohero developer/president and his wife for awhile on Fri. A fantastic guy, a fan himself, with all the right desires to get his company off the ground but also supply us fan with top notch pieces at as affordable a price as possible. I wish him all the best and hope all these figures are a huge hit for him.

So what's the lowdown on the Bowman?

I've also heard very good things about him and it seems that the Buck and Flash will be great figures, so I wish GoHero the best of luck also. Dave and the pod are must haves for me.

Well... so the pod will be out, now I just have to hope Bowman doesn't cost that much.

Although I have to say the whole arrangement of who made what is very confusing.

The bottom of the card looks like its says "Authorized and Approved by Keir Dullea"

So maybe they are able to get around Kubrick and go with the actors instead?

It worked for R. Lee Ermey, that figure undoubtedly existed to cash in on "Full Metal Jacket" but unlike Ermey Dullea doesn't have any real-life claim to the outfit and accessories shown in this figure.

I'm willing to bet that this will be a generic Dullea figure without any of the 2001-specific stuff and they're merely showing him with a bunch of "grey market" stuff like the Twinch Squad suit and this $2000 pod as a suggestion for customizers.

The reality of the situation is that Dullea is free to license his likeness to anyone he sees fit but Warner Bros. and the Kubrick Estate are the ones who are in a position to release that suit and pod and that will happen when pigs fly.

Again, that's what the gray market is for. Companies have released figures of Jack Torrance and Alex, they just haven't done so legally and they only get away with it due to the small production runs in countries that are practically "anything goes" in regards to copyright.

In any case, a lot of people are going to be disappointed when this figure is released and it's just Keir Dullea in shorts and a t-shirt. That's all I'm saying.

$2000 for the Pod? Wow, congrats to anyone who can afford this, but it's way out of my budget.

I still want Bowman for sure, but if he's anywhere $180+, I won't be getting him either.

I have to say, this whole Pod thing seems very odd. It's not GoHero, it's not ready, that may not even be the Pod you get on display. :confused:

I'm not saying this is a scam. Just odd. And the price seems exceptionally high. I've been spoiled by HT and their PowerLoader, Tumbler and BatPod I guess.

Great piece if money's no object though.

I just think they're essentially saying "if you pay $2000 for this pod and you're one of the 100 people who have this suit from several years ago they'll look really sweet on our generic Keir Dullea figure" without actually saying it.

They're implying that they have the license to something more than what they have, and like I said earlier, Dullea is in no position to grant them permission to use anything but his face.

It's going to be interesting to see the actual details on both the pod and Bowman.

Back