Kaustic Plastik : Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting a little nervous already about how limited this is. 300?
TNS is already over 70 preorders. That's almost a third of stock right there. And who knows how much have been placed with Kaustic already.

Looks like this will sell out fast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I DM'd Kaustic Plastik directly and I was told the Asian market is getting an allotment of 100, U.S. is getting 100, and the remaining 100 on their site. He also said no second run. So if you want one, better jump on it now.

I'm getting a little nervous already about how limited this is. 300?
TNS is already over 70 preorders. That's almost a third of stock right there. And who knows how much have been placed with Kaustic already.

Looks like this will sell out fast.

KPs pre order list is around 30 at the moment.
from what I understand, this will only be sold directly through KP and not listed on their website.
Screenshot_20190111-001532_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20190111-001407_Facebook.jpg

I didn't take ANY chances. I pm'd KP right away. While I was waiting for them to send me an invoice, I put a deposit down on one through Dario Barbera. Then the KP invoice came in. I'd rather have two than none.

I DM'd Kaustic Plastik directly and I was told the Asian market is getting an allotment of 100, U.S. is getting 100, and the remaining 100 on their site. He also said no second run. So if you want one, better jump on it now.
Yeah I have my order in with TNS. Cheaper than Kaustic.

Same. I thing these bodies have more articulation than several normal bodies.

TBL seamless present several problems especially if you are picky or customize:

They can’t be painted (or at least paint doesn’t stay on the body when you handle it) and don’t come with much shading. So all of your figures are the same color and look very flat. You also can’t add to them with sculpting material.

While the range of motion / articulation is definitely the best around, the bodies look weird in key poses. The ‘flesh’ pinches and folds in weird ways when the figure (esp arms) flexes, ruining the body silhouette. That is in some ways is worse than having visible articulation imo.

Worst, the bicep flesh cannot rotate around the skeleton much meaning important poses look like crap. The double bicep flex mr Olympia pose or even Conan’s famous beach recovery “sword overhead and arm outstretched” pose look really bad - the biceps look like they’re going the wrong way. Disappointing when the headless nude alone costs $75.

If they could solve the above problems, the TBL bodies would be the best.

TBL seamless present several problems especially if you are picky or customize:

They can’t be painted (or at least paint doesn’t stay on the body when you handle it) and don’t come with much shading. So all of your figures are the same color and look very flat. You also can’t add to them with sculpting material.

While the range of motion / articulation is definitely the best around, the bodies look weird in key poses. The ‘flesh’ pinches and folds in weird ways when the figure (esp arms) flexes, ruining the body silhouette. That is in some ways is worse than having visible articulation imo.

Worst, the bicep flesh cannot rotate around the skeleton much meaning important poses look like crap. The double bicep flex mr Olympia pose or even Conan’s famous beach recovery “sword overhead and arm outstretched” pose look really bad. Disappointing when the headless nude alone costs $75.

If they could solve the above problems, the TBL bodies would be the best.
I guess I'm not a picky collector. [emoji23][emoji23]

Well, to each their own. I'd rather go with the seemless body than see a bunch of articulation joints. Screenshot_20190110-194523_Instagram.jpeg

I’ve seen some pretty phenomenal customized TBLeague/Phicen bodies. I’ve read pastels can be used to “paint” the body without cracking. I know there’s latex or silicon paints as well. Just not cheap. It ain’t easy, but skin tone can be tinkered with.

Well, to each their own. I'd rather go with the seemless body than see a bunch of articulation joints. View attachment 439541

Let’s see...

- Arms straight down the sides or only slightly bent.
- Highly processed photo adding tone and depth where there is none in real life.

Those don’t satisfy me, so no, I guess you’re not as picky as me. :shrug:

Like I said, the bodies have great features (revolutionary even) but they have quite disappointing elements, too

I’ve seen some pretty phenomenal customized TBLeague/Phicen bodies. I’ve read pastels can be used to “paint” the body without cracking. I know there’s latex or silicon paints as well. Just not cheap. It ain’t easy, but skin tone can be tinkered with.

Chalk Pastels hold up better on TBL bods than conventional paints but they still come off with handling. Oil pastels hold up extremely well but their colors are limited especially when it comes to fleshtones. Neither offer the same kind of finish and detail that actual paints do.

Silicone/latex paint sound promising though. I’ll have to check those out!

Well, to each their own. I'd rather go with the seemless body than see a bunch of articulation joints. View attachment 439541

When I see a picture like this I think the guys complaining are absolutely nuts. Yes certain poses don't look quite right but in most poses that do not require extreme action these bodies blow jointed bodies away.

When I see a picture like this I think the guys complaining are absolutely nuts. Yes certain poses don't look quite right but in most poses that do not require extreme action these bodies blow jointed bodies away.

yea, but then you see them in use and wonder what kind of nightmarish flesh disaster did this poor fella go through where his skin and muscle fell off the bone and his tendons snapped apart!
FB_IMG_1547111226377.jpgFB_IMG_1547111191583.jpg

Let’s see...

- Arms straight down the sides or only slightly bent.
- Highly processed photo adding tone and depth where there is none in real life.

Those don’t satisfy me, so no, I guess you’re not as picky as me. :shrug:

Like I said, the bodies have great features (revolutionary even) but they have quite disappointing elements, too
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

[emoji2962][emoji2962]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

[emoji2962][emoji2962]

:mwaha Heh. Hey folks, what do you do when you aren't able to respond to any points made but don't have the brainpower to realize you can just not say anything? Post all emojis and hope no one notices your failure. Classic.

:mwaha Heh. Hey folks, what do you do when you aren't able to respond to any points made but don't have the brainpower to realize you can just not say anything? Post all emojis and hope no one notices your failure. Classic.

Hey man to each their own. I've failed at nothing. It just blows my mind that you would rather have exposed joints but then complain about how unrealistic the Phicen bodies are. Thats ok though. It's your figure. I responded with emojis because I have better things to do than get into an argument with a complete stranger over preferance on man dollies. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Happy Collecting.

Hey man to each their own. I've failed at nothing. It just blows my mind that you would rather have exposed joints but then complain about how unrealistic the Phicen bodies are. Thats ok though. It's your figure. I responded with emojis because I have better things to do than get into an argument with a complete stranger over preferance on man dollies. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Happy Collecting.

But.. you were the one who started arguing with me in the first place... Regardless, I agree. It's pointless to bicker. To each their own. Peace. :wave

Back