Kaustic Plastik : Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least it looks a real decent Arnie sculpt, Maybe KP will release another Arnie sculpt without the crown?
I can see them doing that too [emoji23][emoji23]

Fantasy Warrior Set
Fantasy Warrior expansion set
"Master Class" set

"Master Class" expansion set with Conan the Barbarian sculpt lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wonder have you encountered a member called Malgus :lol

Don't think I have...

You think that seamless body is ridiculous? Really?

Nerdy nitpicking incoming:

Aside from the poorer paint apps and rubbery appearance of those types of bodies, the muscles look extremely wonky. The shoulders are unusually small and sagged when in a museum pose. The arms are clearly meant to be brought up in front of the body (the sagged shoulders actually allow room for the arm to be brought up with minimum bunching/folding at the top).

-4035834920601426903.jpg

Problem is you still have a pectoral flex that doesn't make any sense. Arnold was jacked, but nobody's pecs are as round and puffy as the Phicen's in that position. Arms at or above shoulder height means the pectorals will be stretched. Maybe if you posed your figure doing dumbell flyes it would be believable. Otherwise, it's awkward. Look at what Arnold's chest is doing here.

maxresdefault.jpg

Now, if you raise the Phicen's arms any higher or turn them away from the body, even the shoulders start to fall apart. They only work if the arms are brought up in front of the body with the fist turned inward, as if to punch. When a real human being does an overhead raise or rotates their forearm, the bicep rotates as well. It looks all the more wrong when the figure can't do the same.

review_M34_3.jpg

Now I get it, visible joints aren't pretty either. Psychologically, I think seeing a seamless body creates a greater expectation for realism, so the little errors like the ones I mentioned stand out much more. If you've got something with visible joints, you're more forgiving because, hey, it's clearly not trying to pass as anything else.

Last edited:
99% Sure it does.
My plan is TTM20.

Additionally, if they release a head with no headband I will be a very happy guy.

The pictures I'm seeing of that body type seem a bit slim. Maybe I'm missing something? :confused:

The pictures I'm seeing of that body type seem a bit slim. Maybe I'm missing something? :confused:

They are slimmer than the M34 and M35 but not overly so. I have used both. I won't use a jointed body for any of these Conan figures. I don't care who says they look bad in certain poses. For every one pose that looks bad, there are ten that don't. I'll choose I good pose.

Broke down and placed my first order (Deposit) with TNS, based on Rzeznikk's recommendation. I hope they do right by me - I can't afford to pull a rjszar and buy another direct just in case... :lol

I don't know which way I'll go with the body on this, but at least that's not a time-sensitive decision.

Broke down and placed my first order (Deposit) with TNS, based on Rzeznikk's recommendation. I hope they do right by me - I can't afford to pull a rjszar and buy another direct just in case... :lol

I don't know which way I'll go with the body on this, but at least that's not a time-sensitive decision.

I'm actually happy getting two as you can do two different outfits with what they provide.

They are slimmer than the M34 and M35 but not overly so. I have used both. I won't use a jointed body for any of these Conan figures. I don't care who says they look bad in certain poses. For every one pose that looks bad, there are ten that don't. I'll choose I good pose.

I totally get that.
I will be posing this all the time in many poses, I prefer the true type body for some reason.
I have plenty of statues for my fixed poses, lol....
20190111_234304.jpg

Remember, Arnold was much bigger in the silly Conan parody "Conan the Destroyer " he was all swole, tan, and oiled up to match the cheese of the script, set and filming style of that monstrosity of a film.

In Conan the Barbarian, the director had him slim down so he would be more "cat like" He was doing a lot of running and horse training. Also so he could swing a sword.

so if you plan to do the fur panties look of Destroyer with all his oiled muscles exposed, the larger seamless body is appropriate. If you want the look of Barbarian, I then the TTM20 is good as Conan never ran around in underwear in that film (except when crucified to the Tree of Woe) and was much thinner.
pixlr_20190114124732477.jpg

I totally get that.
I will be posing this all the time in many poses, I prefer the true type body for some reason.
I have plenty of statues for my fixed poses, lol....
View attachment 440062

Nice Conan collection you got there. Conan is the only 1/6 non SW/Comic Book movie figure I'd ever be tempted to buy. One of my favorite movies of all time. The original of course, not Destroyer or the failed reboot with Momoa.

I love the statue of Arnie on the throne as King. That was such an awesome way to end that movie with that image of what was to come. It's sad that the likelihood of ever seeing Arnie as King Conan has since pretty much passed. Arnie was on board to do it after retiring from Politics, but the project never got off the ground.

https://movieweb.com/legend-of-conan-movie-script-rewrite/

I have high hopes for the Amazon series. There is a chance Arnold will reprise his role as King on that one, if it ever happens...

I have high hopes for the Amazon series. There is a chance Arnold will reprise his role as King on that one, if it ever happens...

I know! That kind of got lost with the Lord of the Rings announcement, but I'm really hoping they're able to pull off something incredible. I'd still feel a bit more confident if it were HBO, but it is what it is.

Broke down and placed my first order (Deposit) with TNS, based on Rzeznikk's recommendation. I hope they do right by me - I can't afford to pull a rjszar and buy another direct just in case... [emoji38]

I've used TNS several times and they've been great every time. So shouldn't be ant worries. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back