Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QzvuoHt.gif

Random Question. Do most of you literally get mad if someone enjoys every single MCU movie?[emoji23][emoji23] sure looks like it lol

Whether you love or hate the MCU, you're basically f-ed.

If you love it, you get accused of being a Disney-c***ing sucking, Feige-loving, brain-dead, bandwagon-riding moron who wouldn't understand true art if it slapped you in the face. But then if you hate it, you get accused of being an internet cool guy contrarian looking for attention or whatever. Just be honest because either way you're in for s*** unfortunately. :(

CBMs - always bringing out the best in everyone.

Just got back from watching it with my son.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and it's because the "jokes" weren't as bad as I thought they would be. There is still that feeling of humanity and drama that Snyder put into his DC universe (which was also present in WW), albeit diluted here. The characters are great, I liked them all, and they work great together.

The first act was a bit choppy, but given the time constraints, that was to be expected. Second and third act were pretty solid. Steppenwolf was your average world-conquering nemesis, I don't quite understand the hate... his motivations were adequately explained in the flash-back scenes. As for the CGI, I didn't really find it bad. It wasn't breakthrough, but it wasn't bad at all.
The team worked great on screen, and the interaction between Batman and Wonder Woman was especially good. Some of the Superman-Batman interaction felt forced to me, at the end of BvS I felt they had put their differences aside. Seemed like some Whedon/WB crap to me...
Flash did get a bit on my nerves, and it was his jokes that fell flat sometimes. Maybe because of overuse... I've read some criticism because he trips, or is easily taken away by parademons, but both instances are perfectly logical in the context of those scenes and who Flash is in this movie. Aquaman was great, Momoa did great with what he was given. Batman had his moments, but I feel he's the one that suffered the most due to (what I assume to be) Whedon's re-shoots. Superman was fine, his first scene was simply awesome. That scene is pure Snyder drama and action. Later, as he slowly put on the "beacon of hope" mantle, he did seem a bit uncomfortable. I'm assuming most of those scenes are Whedon's, so I guess Cavill wasn't really at ease with him or the direction he was giving. Come to think of it, it's the same impression I had with Batman's (re-shoot) scenes. Cyborg was fine. I had no expectations with the character, and I felt his scenes with his father were very good. Gadot was her usual charismatic self as WW, and her conflict with Batman was also great.
The action was great, I enjoyed all the action set-pieces. But... they're not as strong as BvS IMHO.
Music wasn't anything special. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't inspired either. MoS and BvS have much better music.
Cinematography was good, with some dodgy bits that looked a bit unimpressive and washed out, which I'm guessing are Whedon's work, as Snyder is quite the visualist. I missed his so-maligned "moments".
The closing scene with Diana, Bruce and Alfred was great. The first post-credit scene was silly, the second is brilliant. Oh, and Batman's opening scene is brilliant.

So, overall, I think it's a good, fun action movie. Not better or worse than MCU movies. But, then again, as you all know, I'm a big fan of BvS, so all you BvS haters can ignore my thought s on this... :lol
At any rate, I sincerely don't understand the criticism this is garnering. It's a perfectly fun and action-packed movie with some really touching moments. I can only think it really is suffering from CBM fatigue, and unfortunately, the DCEU hasn't built enough of a following to carry it through.

I do wish WB had let Snyder fulfill his vision, critics be damned. You can tell that the movie was going to have a lighter tone than BvS anyway, but I don't think Whedon's contributions really made for a "better" overall movie (and I do think that some of the "jokes" and little interactions that seem to be Whedon's are actually good). More than Whedon, I blame WB for meddling with this. Things like curtailing the running time, insisting on doing re-shoots with a moustache sporting Cavill, and getting Danny Elfman to do the soundtrack all affect the final product.

If you're on the fence, try to go and see it without preconceptions, and more likely than not, you'll spend a couple of hours having fun seeing some of your favorite heroes kicking ass on screen.

Nice review abake. I'll probably check this out in the next few days (especially since a super high tech theater close by does $5 Tuesdays.) Now I'm just more curious than anything and my expectations are low enough that I doubt I'll walk away disappointed.

Nice review abake. I'll probably check this out in the next few days (especially since a super high tech theater close by does $5 Tuesdays.) Now I'm just more curious than anything and my expectations are low enough that I doubt I'll walk away disappointed.

im doing the 5 dolla tuesday as well :lol

I honestly think they could use Flashpoint to reboot the DCEU and recast Affleck at the same time. Have Affleck in the movie at the start and then when Barry alters the timeline back and forth, it creates a shifts the Wayne Family timeline. Recast Martha and make it so Bruce is born later in Thomas' life and make him the same age as the rest of the league and have the newly recast Batman at the end of the film. They could also make other corrections too, say Leto's Joker etc. But I Like Cavill's Superman, but I understand some saying he is a little x-factor-less. I thought JL was just ok and lives at the same level as the Amazing Spider-Man & Hellboy movies (not great, but serviceable) and isn't as bad as everyone says. However, I'd love to see the Snyder cut as I feel this move suffered at the hands of the WB execs meddling. This could become the next Superman II Donner Cut. Without the prestige. haha

It all depends on your attachment to these characters.

Superman: I couldn’t enjoy his first scene back because it just simply made NO FREAKING SENSE no matter how good it was. It just took me out of it. But it was a good scene nonetheless.

Batman: What a wimp
Spoiler Spoiler:
That’s how much of a wimp he was in this movie.

WW: Still good but power levels all over the place.

Flash: Cute he should run for Ms. America. He had a one note personality but did good with what he was given to work with.

Aquaman: Decent enough but also suffered from fluctuating power levels.

Cyborg: **** him.

Steppenwolf: Not as forgettable as has been mentioned he had a decent mean streak BUT what a
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Fmaf00x.gif

I'm curious why nobody is talking about the 2nd post credits scene.

I mean, is the hate such that it just doesn't get any traction at all?

Probably because it feels like a last minute decision without a real plan and a meaningless scene/set up, giving the uncertainty of the DCEU's future.

It all depends on your attachment to these characters.

Superman: I couldn’t enjoy his first scene back because it just simply made NO FREAKING SENSE no matter how good it was. It just took me out of it. But it was a good scene nonetheless.

Spoiler Spoiler:

WW: Still good but power levels all over the place.

Flash: Cute he should run for Ms. America. He had a one note personality but did good with what he was given to work with.

Aquaman: Decent enough but also suffered from fluctuating power levels.

Cyborg: **** him.

Steppenwolf: Not as forgettable as has been mentioned he had a decent mean streak BUT what a dumb way he went out could’ve been done much sooner.

Jye, this is all wrong, except the Batman one.

Superman: Good if you ignore BvS and MoS, otherwise jarring, as for the first scene, you mean the phone one? Yeah it was pretty jarring.

WW: Bad, bad acting, bad action.

Flash: Ok, nice Wally.

Cyborg: Best actor of the bunch.

Aquaman: Meh.

Steppenwolf: Makes MCU villains look memorable.

And power levels are consistent.

Probably because it feels like a last minute decision without a real plan and a meaningless scene/set up, giving the uncertainty of the DCEU's future.
It definitely was last minute.

Second post credit scene was the best thing about this movie.
I didn't expect him to remove the helmet... I actually yelled "O BOJE, DAAAAA!" :lol

I agree on both counts.

But Fandom sites are too if that's where you're getting your news.

As a fanboy myself I value a fan's perspective. Just good to know it's not all negative.

Seeing it in a coupla hours myself so I guess I'll find out. Expect to love it cos I'm biased towards Bats & Supes and have dug the Snynderverse thus far - what some consider overblown I consider epic and a visual feast.

Pardon my ignorance but is the recurring "shell hitting the ground" motif a Snyder signature?

Back