Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from watching it with my son.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and it's because the "jokes" weren't as bad as I thought they would be. There is still that feeling of humanity and drama that Snyder put into his DC universe (which was also present in WW), albeit diluted here. The characters are great, I liked them all, and they work great together.

The first act was a bit choppy, but given the time constraints, that was to be expected. Second and third act were pretty solid. Steppenwolf was your average world-conquering nemesis, I don't quite understand the hate... his motivations were adequately explained in the flash-back scenes. As for the CGI, I didn't really find it bad. It wasn't breakthrough, but it wasn't bad at all.
The team worked great on screen, and the interaction between Batman and Wonder Woman was especially good. Some of the Superman-Batman interaction felt forced to me, at the end of BvS I felt they had put their differences aside. Seemed like some Whedon/WB crap to me...
Flash did get a bit on my nerves, and it was his jokes that fell flat sometimes. Maybe because of overuse... I've read some criticism because he trips, or is easily taken away by parademons, but both instances are perfectly logical in the context of those scenes and who Flash is in this movie. Aquaman was great, Momoa did great with what he was given. Batman had his moments, but I feel he's the one that suffered the most due to (what I assume to be) Whedon's re-shoots. Superman was fine, his first scene was simply awesome. That scene is pure Snyder drama and action. Later, as he slowly put on the "beacon of hope" mantle, he did seem a bit uncomfortable. I'm assuming most of those scenes are Whedon's, so I guess Cavill wasn't really at ease with him or the direction he was giving. Come to think of it, it's the same impression I had with Batman's (re-shoot) scenes. Cyborg was fine. I had no expectations with the character, and I felt his scenes with his father were very good. Gadot was her usual charismatic self as WW, and her conflict with Batman was also great.
The action was great, I enjoyed all the action set-pieces. But... they're not as strong as BvS IMHO.
Music wasn't anything special. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't inspired either. MoS and BvS have much better music.
Cinematography was good, with some dodgy bits that looked a bit unimpressive and washed out, which I'm guessing are Whedon's work, as Snyder is quite the visualist. I missed his so-maligned "moments".
The closing scene with Diana, Bruce and Alfred was great. The first post-credit scene was silly, the second is brilliant. Oh, and Batman's opening scene is brilliant.

So, overall, I think it's a good, fun action movie. Not better or worse than MCU movies. But, then again, as you all know, I'm a big fan of BvS, so all you BvS haters can ignore my thought s on this... :lol
At any rate, I sincerely don't understand the criticism this is garnering. It's a perfectly fun and action-packed movie with some really touching moments. I can only think it really is suffering from CBM fatigue, and unfortunately, the DCEU hasn't built enough of a following to carry it through.

I do wish WB had let Snyder fulfill his vision, critics be damned. You can tell that the movie was going to have a lighter tone than BvS anyway, but I don't think Whedon's contributions really made for a "better" overall movie (and I do think that some of the "jokes" and little interactions that seem to be Whedon's are actually good). More than Whedon, I blame WB for meddling with this. Things like curtailing the running time, insisting on doing re-shoots with a moustache sporting Cavill, and getting Danny Elfman to do the soundtrack all affect the final product.

If you're on the fence, try to go and see it without preconceptions, and more likely than not, you'll spend a couple of hours having fun seeing some of your favorite heroes kicking ass on screen.

All good thoughts- I enjoyed BvS far more but was perfectly happy with what JL brought- needs all the scenes cut restored for the BD release- what are the chances of that? Good I hope

What about
Spoiler Spoiler:
Meh, didn't care for it at all. Typical clifhanger bait.

I was too hyped over seein' *that character* and *that actor*. :rock
Lookin' forward to *that solo movie* and hope for the best.

___

BTW, I hated Flash and loved Cyborg. Went complete 180 with these two. :lol

im doing the 5 dolla tuesday as well :lol

:yess:

It all depends on your attachment to these characters.

Superman: I couldn’t enjoy his first scene back because it just simply made NO FREAKING SENSE no matter how good it was. It just took me out of it. But it was a good scene nonetheless.

Batman: What a wimp
Spoiler Spoiler:
That’s how much of a wimp he was in this movie.

Hmm I thought the
Spoiler Spoiler:

so I could see it possibly fitting with Batman *if* they did it right.

:lol:lol

The end credit scene might as well be Todd McFarlane telling us about his "upcoming" Spawn movie. Same thing :lol

But he's been telling us about that for 3 years, it'd be understandable.

I'm just sad to see WB burn through these cool DC bits like they're candy.

And I think complete indifference like Riddick's is what they deserve.
Meh, didn't care for it at all. Typical clifhanger bait.

I was too hyped over seein' *that character* and *that actor*. :rock
Lookin' forward to *that solo movie* and hope for the best.

___

BTW, I hated Flash and loved Cyborg. Went complete 180 with these two. :lol
That solo movie ain't happening.

Same thing, Cyborg was the only one who felt like a real person.

Same thing, Cyborg was the only one who felt like a real person.
Yep. Shame his screen time got screwed over... :monkey2

___

Oh, also in Russian dub the finale takes place in Poland and the family speaks in Polish. :D
I knew they wouldn't let us see the real thing, damn hypocrites.

Elfman is still on his high horse:

“The whole concept that every time a superhero franchise is rebooted with a new director, then you have to start the music from scratch is a ******** idea. It’s only for the ego of the director or the composer.

He went on to say that these creators “need to learn the incredible lesson that Star Wars and James Bond have known for ages, which is that keeping these musical connections alive is incredibly satisfying for the people who see these films.”

The ego of the composer huh...

Why didn't batman 1989 have the 60s batman theme then?

Plus he compares to movies that take place within the same universes.

i officially hate whedon now. (im broken hearted :mad:)

Other than the Flash falling on WW's cleavage joke, and all of Gadot's butt-shots, I pretty much disagree with everything she said.
Well, ok, the Amazon's attire is a bit silly...
Oh, and yes, please, get rid of Whedon.

Why does everyone say Wonder Woman is good? Gadot can't act at all. I have yet to see anyone explain what's actually good about her. Is there a memo I missed? Is this some kind of running joke? That's all these reviewers and pundits have been saying since BvS. It's like they're reading off a script, even my boy Jye is on it!

I don't get how she was propelled to this point. It cercrtainly wasn't because of the Fast and the Furious.

Guys the darker tone for DCEU hasn't worked. They went lighter with WW and it was a success, hardly a surprise they are going lighter with JL. If you're a Superman fan, I can't see how you would hate this film. His darkness is finally over and now he can be the hero people expected to see, which he wasn't in MoS or BvS. People wanted Snyder gone for JL after BvS and now you're all crying that he didn't get to finish the movie?

Honestly I just can't keep up anymore it is laughable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Elfman is still on his high horse:

“The whole concept that every time a superhero franchise is rebooted with a new director, then you have to start the music from scratch is a ******** idea. It’s only for the ego of the director or the composer.

He went on to say that these creators “need to learn the incredible lesson that Star Wars and James Bond have known for ages, which is that keeping these musical connections alive is incredibly satisfying for the people who see these films.”

The ego of the composer huh...

Why didn't batman 1989 have the 60s batman theme then?

Plus he compares to movies that take place within the same universes.

**** that cuck hack.

Oh, also in Russian dub the finale takes place in Poland and the family speaks in Polish. :D
I knew they wouldn't let us see the real thing, damn hypocrites.
How so? Why do they do that?

Did you get my reply? In the normal version it's northern Russia although I don't remember the name of the town.

Why does everyone say Wonder Woman is good? Gadot can't act at all. I have yet to see anyone explain what's actually good about her. Is there a memo I missed? Is this some kind of running joke? That's all these reviewers and pundits have been saying since BvS. It's like they're reading off a script.

I don't get how she was propelled to this point. It cercrtainly wasn't because of the Fast and the Furious.

Because, in a movie full of terrible special effects, there needs to be at least one thing that’s nice to look at.:lol

Back