Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder Woman appears to be the Leader.

Jye be like...

WarmheartedEnergeticBats.gif

Gaspar be like...

MiserableImportantKingsnake.gif

Well I must confess I did just chuckle at the injured Batman line. It looked ridiculous seeing him lying there aswell...undignified..and yet part of why it was amusing. I like it and I hate it at the same time. Confusing.

I never said anything about the amount of cash they make. I was talking about the filmmaking craft itself, but since you're bringing it up, its embarrassing that DC can't make as much of profit with icons like Batman and Superman than Marvel did with D~listers like The Guardians of the Galaxy.

Do you honestly like all the movies in the MCU?

You are quite right about the embarassment. With Batman and Superman sharing the screen, you would think people would want to see that. But, it turns out lesser known characters can draw bigger crowds. Dafuq.

I’ll be that guy: at some point, Warner Bros. And DC Comics are going to have to say “Dear fanboys, kindly suck a ****. We make what we make, and, if you dislike it, **** you.” Otherwise, I feel like we’re just going to be perpetually embroiled in this cycle of misery as they try to cater to everyone’s demands.

Superman Returns: “Not enough action. Too close to the Reeve films.”

Man of Steel: “Too much action. Superman’s not heroic enough. Needs more Reeve influences.”

Batman v Superman: “Superman saves people, but he’s not happy enough about it. Batman’s TOO DARK. BATMAN DOESN’T KILL (even though he does in every other Batman movie to this point). THESE AREN’T THE CHARACTERS I GREW UP WITH, DC!”

Justice League: “DC TRIED TO BE TOO FUN. They can’t seem to figure out what they want to do with their heroes. Blahbitty Blah Blah Blah.”

Like, honestly, I was not anticipating this film. I still am not, and, now, even less so, as a fan of BvS who found that WB has, effectively, sold out and bastardized Snyder’s vision with the intent to sate the desires of all the obnoxious, armchair quarterback goons on the internet. You can have a divisive interpretation of these characters. That’s okay. Hell, you can always reboot it later, but, for Christ’s sake, commit to whatever vision it is you’re moving forward with.

Do you honestly like all the movies in the MCU?

You are quite right about the embarassment. With Batman and Superman sharing the screen, you would think people would want to see that. But, it turns out lesser known characters can draw bigger crowds. Dafuq.

I can honestly say that I do like all the MCU movies to varying degrees. The closest I've come to disliking one is Thor 2. I've never walked out thinking that I just spent money on something I'd never want to watch again.

I felt that way about the BvS blu-ray since I didn't watch it in theaters. Then I decided to give the extended cut a chance, and it was worse. So I just watched a cam rip of Suicide Squad online. That was also terrible. So by the second act I was watching it at 1.5 speed to see if it got better. It wasn't getting better. 2x speed. Still awful. I only stuck with it because when I talk **** about it, I don't want to misrepresent how ****** it is.

These movies are an embarrassment to the genre. These are the films that people think of when they talk about superhero fatigue. Because they're HUNKA HUNKA BAD.

I can honestly say that I do like all the MCU movies to varying degrees. The closest I've come to disliking one is Thor 2. I've never walked out thinking that I just spent money on something I'd never want to watch again.

I felt that way about the BvS blu-ray since I didn't watch it in theaters. Then I decided to give the extended cut a chance, and it was worse. So I just watched a cam rip of Suicide Squad online. That was also terrible. So by the second act I was watching it at 1.5 speed to see if it got better. It wasn't getting better. 2x speed. Still awful. I only stuck with it because when I talk **** about it, I don't want to misrepresent how ****** it is.

These movies are an embarrassment to the genre. These are the films that people think of when they talk about superhero fatigue. Because they're HUNKA HUNKA BAD.

BVS UE was a great movie so was MOS. WW was epic and SS was ****.

Iron man 2 and 3 rubbish, Thor and Thor 2 rubbish, all the Hulks rubbish. Marvel have had plenty of crap movies.

I disagree with categorizing Thor 1 as rubbish.

That's my favorite MCU movie next to Doc Strange and Guardians 1

I hope they reboot Green Lantern and the Sinestro Corps... I'm Batman'd out

Assfleck ruined it for me

the drama grows lol:

Whedon has been caught on Twitter liking various tweets that disparage Steppenwolf as a terrible villain including one that calls him 'even worse than malekith.'

DC fans are outraged as he was brought on to shepherd this film after Zacks departure due to tragic circumstances. Fans feel betrayed that he's putting it down, especially after he called Ragnarok a 'masterpiece' just a couple weeks ago.

Who's team is he on? I say Team Joss lol

I think maybe he's trying to distance himself after the reviews are coming out. He's been known for catty behaviour before. But he's truly a piece of crud.

I just saw it and I have to be up early so I won't get into a lot. But I will say I disliked 90% of the movie. It didn't feel like a JL movie until Superman came in at the end. It was a series of bad jokes that don't land (presumably by Whedon) in a film that has no plot, no stakes, and some of the worst CG I have seen since the Spawn movie. I saw it with someone who likes almost anything (we call him the Butters of film reviewers) and even he didn't like it. Except for WW and Superman, I am ready for this DCU to end. I was shocked at how much I didn't like Affleck as Batman this time. He was great in BvS. I don't know what happened. Anyway I'm done talking about this movie until I get some sleep. My expectations were really low, and I can't say how much lower I could recommend lowering expectations to truly enjoy this. Burn it with fire and start over in 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back