Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a big issue is that there is nothing new under the sun here. You guys are using Die Hard and Raiders as examples with great villains. But there's not a whole lot to distinguish Hans Gruber or Belloq from a lot of contemporary villains honestly. Really good actors? Reasonably interesting, and 2-dimensional (if not fully 3-dimensional)? We get those nowadays. So there are two issues that do set those films apart. First, there is the question earlier of whether or not the villains are in great movies which is an important point. These comic movies are all variations on a theme, and the filmmakers and producers are risk averse. So, beyond your rare Dark Knight type film, they're not going to achieve greatness by design. Greatness requires risk which can mean lower ticket sales. Star Wars is the best example of what happens when filmmaking happens by committee, appealing to nostalgia. Money out the rear, but with a strong ceiling on what it can achieve critically.

Secondly, those films came for most of us in our childhoods. And they were somewhat new and different than film villains that came before, though even there it was an intersection of character, actor, quality of film, and genre of film. Amazing villains exist in films like Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Double Indemnity, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, etc. But those weren't from our collective childhoods, and weren't part of the fantasy/adventure type films we have been bombarded with from the '80s on.

So, I don't disagree with the arguments that we don't get great villains. But I would go a step further and say that the great villains we all love aren't always that great. And also, we don't get much great anything from comic movies.

Because he built a house after murdering billions.

Magneto is pro mutant. He has no problems with mutants, and I think that's what confuses people.

Just because the heroes of the films are mutants and Magneto works with them, doesn't change the fact that Magneto's goal is to end the human race, so that his kind can thrive.

Remember, if you're not a mutant, chances are Magneto doesn't care at all about you. Even when Mystique, a mutant, became human, Magneto left her, because she wasn't one of them anymore.

Wolverine kills humans and mutants, explain to me why he is a hero? :dunno

tumblr_oazor1TmDk1u2ragso2_500.gif

Simple, X-Men 2 and survival of the fittest.

Wolverine kills humans and mutants, explain to me why he is a hero? :dunno

I'll wait. . .

Magneto tried to kill every human on earth in X2. Literally EVERY human....billions of people :lol Not to mention he did it by betraying the mutant heroes and his old friend Charles...when he could have helped him.

Wolverine kills in self defense.

Magneto tried to kill every human on earth in X2. Literally EVERY human....billions of people :lol Not to mention he did it by betraying the mutant heroes and his old friend Charles...when he could have helped him.

Comic Wolvie kills for all kinds of reasons, actually--money from the government, revenge, spite, boredom :lol

Do you mean Rogue in X1? He totally stabbed her and would have killed her if it wasn't because of her powers.

Khev be like...

tLNBHmy.gif

I was mixing together that, and Days of Future Past. So, yes. I think that definitely bolsters his bad-ass, doesn't give a **** credentials. No?

Well, he didn't mean to. He was actually scared and asking for help when he realized what he had done. He was having a nightmare, so he was really stabbing the person doing the experiment on him, not the girl.

He's still an antihero in all the X Men movies, because he...kills. He knows it and accepts it. It's part of him.

You literally just skipped the second half of my post, read it again... I'll wait.

:tap

You literally just skipped the second half of my post, read it again... I'll wait.

:tap

What? Survival of the fittest? What does that have to do with Magneto wanting to kill all humans? He sees mutants and the next step in evolution ("We're the future, not them. They no longer matter."), and humans as nothing more than a plague. Nazis and racist feel the same way about certain people :lol

A. Clown is owning this current Magneto debate.

B. Raiders is perfect so shame on you kara.

C. Good Bad Ugly is indeed perfect so great job kara.

D. Clown's R1 joke was lulz

Back