jus watched fantastic four: rise of the silver surfer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eli26 said:
You know what the Silver Surfer reminds me of? Really, you must know! The Tin Man from the 1930's adaptation of Wizard of Oz. I wonder if they're related? Hmmm... I wonder.

When he loses the surf board he does have that "tin" kind of look to him. Man oh man he was great, I think Doug Jones was excellent as the Surfer.

From Abe Sapien to Pan and now the Silver Surfer, Doug Jones is a superstar in makeup.

piccolodaimaoh said:
When he loses the surf board he does have that "tin" kind of look to him. Man oh man he was great, I think Doug Jones was excellent as the Surfer.

From Abe Sapien to Pan and now the Silver Surfer, Doug Jones is a superstar in makeup.

Yeah he was the best part of that movie.

I saw it last night and enjoyed it. I can't profess to know much about the Fantastic Four but I own the Doom PF so I have to give it a chance. Plus there were some FF links in the Civil War story. I should watch the first one again, I don't remember much about it.

One question for those that know, are the FF portrayed as such celebrities in the comics?

Although I'm a Spidey fan first, I'm going to have to say it was better then SM3 unfortunately.

customizerwannabe said:
Doom had no inherent powers like the FF in the comics. He was more like Incredi-boy from the Incredibles movie. He developed them scientifically.
Doom also posses the powers of Sorcery similar to Dr. Strange.

Fritz said:
I saw it last night and enjoyed it. I can't profess to know much about the Fantastic Four but I own the Doom PF so I have to give it a chance. Plus there were some FF links in the Civil War story. I should watch the first one again, I don't remember much about it.

One question for those that know, are the FF portrayed as such celebrities in the comics?

Although I'm a Spidey fan first, I'm going to have to say it was better then SM3 unfortunately.
I have yet to see the sequel, but yes They are celebrities in the regular Marvel Universe.

Fritz said:

As was mentioned before, they are celebrities in the Marvel Universe. They are/were one of the few super-heroes that had no secret identity, everyone knew who their real names and powers.
Like in the movie, their wedding was as big as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
As a matter of fact, Reed Richards was famous for being a genius before he became Mr. Fantastic.
Don't worry about knowing alot about the FF, they were once the center of the Marvel Universe but not so much in the past fews years. It is widely reguarded that the last time the FF were at the top is when John Byrne was the write/artist from 1981 to 1986. Jim Lee had a successful stint in the 90's but other than the cartoon series in the mid-90's there really haven't had the success of other teams like the X-Men.

I finally got to go see it last night. To me it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. There were just a few too many "ugh" or eye rolling parts for me to call it good, I did like it though, so maybe it will grow on me. I was annoyed by Doom's face being restored, and I agree that his doesn't seem like all that big of a menace. I'm not all that familiar with the comics, but I think of Doom from Marvel: Ultimate Alliance compared to the movie version and I know which one is alot cooler and a bigger menace. And for some reason I really disliked Jessica Alba as Sue in this one, she was okay in the first one, but in this one it just didn't seem like a good fit. Some of it could have been that horrible eye makeup and the blue contact lenses, she also seemed alot younger than Reed which from the first one it seems they should be the same age.

Agent0028 said:
I finally got to go see it last night. To me it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. There were just a few too many "ugh" or eye rolling parts for me to call it good, I did like it though, so maybe it will grow on me. I was annoyed by Doom's face being restored, and I agree that his doesn't seem like all that big of a menace. I'm not all that familiar with the comics, but I think of Doom from Marvel: Ultimate Alliance compared to the movie version and I know which one is alot cooler and a bigger menace. And for some reason I really disliked Jessica Alba as Sue in this one, she was okay in the first one, but in this one it just didn't seem like a good fit. Some of it could have been that horrible eye makeup and the blue contact lenses, she also seemed alot younger than Reed which from the first one it seems they should be the same age.

You summed up a lot of my feelings on it right there.

Darklord Dave said:
Regarding the rest of the Marvel universe - obviously they can't have Spidey and the Hulk pop their heads in, there just isn't that much time in a 2 hr movie. But who is Dr. Jeff Wagner? Couldn't that have been Dr. Hank Pym or Tony Stark? A little nod to the fanboys couldn't hurt.
Maybe y'all noticed it and she's just too unimportant to mention, but I the woman who is Hager's aide is Frankie Raye AKA Nova. I'm sure you big comic book people caught it, but it was coincidence that I found it out. I didn't know who she was, I just thought she was attractive and wanted to see who played the character and then I saw in the credits her name was Captain Raye and remembered Johnny calling her Frankie and I thought it sounded familiar so I looked up the name on Wikipedia and Nova came up...

Back