jus watched fantastic four: rise of the silver surfer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtina_slayer

Super Freak
Reaction score
this could be in the movies section, but since its marvel and spiderman3 was discussed here:

came back from a preview screening in singapore. opens tomorrow here.

anyways here's my personal opinion:
i don know why magazines and critics are giving this a hard time cos i personally think:
its BETTER than spiderman 3.
me n my fren gives four fantastic thumbs up (pun intended), ok, i may give it too much props cos i am a f4 fan... but:

4 reasons to watch:
1- the silver surfer is cool. uber-cool
2- the effects is good, i did go a bit woah at times
3- the hot invisible woman (my favourite character)
4- the HOT jessica alba playing the hot invisible woman

my only complain without spoiling the movie:
1- 92 mins in total. probably saving the edited stuff for the dvd
2- galactus is not as appeared in the comics

so watch it, i recommend u to not expect too much and jus enjoy (but if u agree to the critics's opinion, don blame me for watching)

Is it better than the first?

I kind of disliked the first FF movie when it came out but since then I've sort of grown to like it. It's goofy as balls and Doom's voice in the metal outfit doesn't fit, but I like the rest.

I hate 1, will 2 at least entertain me? Also, did they change anything big? Like ya know......Doctor Doom was a metal elctro thing (UNLIKE THE GOD DAMNED COMICS) in 1. Is Galactus played by Mel Brooks?

I need a spoiler since I aint going. Who wants to PM me and give me the low down on Galactus?

PosterBoyKelly said:
I need a spoiler since I aint going. Who wants to PM me and give me the low down on Galactus?

It's just a crappy cloud. People have to stop seeing these crappy Marvel movies. They're just so fuc*in' pathetic.

Collector Freak said:
It's just a crappy cloud. People have to stop seeing these crappy Marvel movies. They're just so fuc*in' pathetic.

UMMM...he said to PM him the spoiler not post it in the forum.

Technically that isn't much of a spoiler. If that's true that the cloud is the way he is portrayed then its been around for a long time.....although I thought Tim Story said it wasn't a cloud.....

Either way Where The (#*$(# is my Silver Surfer Comiquette!?!??!

Seriously? That's like..................NOT a joke? For real? Does this cloud even have a personality or is it just.......wait? A CLOUD?!?!?! I'm just making sure I'm hearing this right.

You're telling me this

Has been changed to this?

I mean is this something they're pulling form the Ultimate universe (I gave up on Ultimate F4 after Doom arrived) or did the producer just say..."Big guy, eats planets....nah....big guys aren't hip...maybe a clod?"

It's at 38% out of 100 on Rottentomatoes.com

Great trailer like the first one, but that's it. This movie is going suck in behemoth proportions.

Sounds like they intended this to be a bit of a teaser for a full on Galactus appearance in the Silver Surfer spinoff.

From director Tim Story:

You're going to see Galactus in the movie. It's coming and I can't wait for people to check it out. I will say that there is a bit of a set-up for possibly a run at a Silver Surfer franchise, and it is a little bit of a tee-up, but I can't wait for people to see what we've done with it. I think it's pretty awesome, and we do leave something for the audience to contemplate when it comes to a new Silver Surfer movie. You'll have a lot more answers to find.

Tim Story is a waste of air. He's right up there with that hack that directed AVP and the Resident Evil films. Someone needs to deny them access to their scissors and crayons. :emperor

Before comic book movies can be taken seriously, they need to be helmed by directors who are going to treat them seriously. That means that the directors will be required to do something more to the films than to make them "uber-cool." Special effects and explosions are just masturbatory. There needs to be some serious character development, or something about the characters or the story with which we can all get in touch internally.

Any idiot can tell a bunch of artists to design a cool-looking Surfer and make him run rings around The Human Torch for 90 minutes in NYC. That takes no talent at all.

But without something more, comic book films are destined to be, at most, a flash in the pan, and, eventually, an embarrassing memory.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Seriously? That's like..................NOT a joke? For real? Does this cloud even have a personality or is it just.......wait? A CLOUD?!?!?! I'm just making sure I'm hearing this right.

I'll have you know that cloud has a great personality and is very outgoing with a good sense of humour.

It's not all about looks you know:lol

Hey look at this way we can all go rip open our Pillows and put the stuffin infront of the FF4 Dio and you got a FF4 VS Galactus cloud

It was overcast at 300 feet yesterday here in gorgeous Grand Forks, ND. I flew in some "galactus"

Back