Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure you will get it...or stumble across another one at a retail store..but boy demand is crazy for it.

Demand for everything is high, but like I told my girlfriend last night, in 25 years, we’ve never had dinosaurs in this price range that were this authentic to the Winston designs outside of Papo, but I’ve longed for it so now that we have them, it’s like ok, let’s go crazy, and clearly Mattel knows it with at least 2 variants of every small dinosaur already released, two ways to get Grant, etc. Hopefully they just started small to make sure interest was real, and now that you can see it is, more inventory will come.

At this point, the Legacy line is of greatest interest to me, and I’m still after the small matchbox vehicles.

Demand for everything is high, but like I told my girlfriend last night, in 25 years, we’ve never had dinosaurs in this price range that were this authentic to the Winston designs outside of Papo, but I’ve longed for it so now that we have them, it’s like ok, let’s go crazy, and clearly Mattel knows it with at least 2 variants of every small dinosaur already released, two ways to get Grant, etc. Hopefully they just started small to make sure interest was real, and now that you can see it is, more inventory will come.

At this point, the Legacy line is of greatest interest to me, and I’m still after the small matchbox vehicles.

Agreed- the Rex is so authentic to the Winston JP dino- the detail and especially proportions are very very well done!

Saw Battle Damage Colossal Rex and Walmart, no legacy figures or single figures, 1 stock of each dino. Surprisingly, they had 4 sets of each LEGO set. I bought the Velociraptor Chase... vs the Colossal Rex. Can't pass up Major characters vs 1 big item. I'll get more JP this year, but I'm hoping for more legacy LEGO sets. Like Muldoon, Hammond, Mr. Arnold, Malcolm etc. I really hope to have at least JP collection. :pray:

Saw Battle Damage Colossal Rex and Walmart, no legacy figures or single figures, 1 stock of each dino. Surprisingly, they had 4 sets of each LEGO set. I bought the Velociraptor Chase... vs the Colossal Rex. Can't pass up Major characters vs 1 big item. I'll get more JP this year, but I'm hoping for more legacy LEGO sets. Like Muldoon, Hammond, Mr. Arnold, Malcolm etc. I really hope to have at least JP collection. :pray:

FYI the legacy stuff is all Target exclusive AFAIK.

Walmart has BD figures exclusively and Target has the Legacy line exclusively.

————

My Colossal is now shipped :yess: :panic:

Last edited:
A look at the Spinosaurus

u1yybyjsrks01.jpg

wow that spinosaurus is amazing looking.And dare I say the best looking in the new Jp toy line.

Eyes should be green, but I could forgive that if they at least paint the toes. Other than that, it looks solid.

Any inside slips? Any other characters from JP1 besides Malcolm to get figures? I'd really like to see the original Jungle Explorer vehicle remade for the new figures. Doesn't feel right having multiple T Rex's and no explorer to go along with Grant. Love the legacy line so far and happily snatched up both versions of the colossal scale today. Great toys!

If anyone is looking for the Mosasaurus target.com has her in stock presently, probably not for long though.

Scalpers are taking advantage of fear that more SC Rex figures won’t come out and every retailer is sold out.

Back