Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I gotta get a new one. My wife texted me pics of it and it's got paint scratches all over it.

I hope we see some more repaints of it.

I’m starting this weekend on my SC, probably going out on lunch tomorrow to buy paints. If I’m successful and feel it would be easy enough, might repaint my EC Rex, but I want to hit up my Raptors and Dilophosaurus before then, and my EC is all about the posing fun, the SC is the “high end” piece. My is in transit to local Walmart, no clue how long it’ll take to arrive, their tracking isn’t detailed.

Battle Damage?

It's the regular. She said a lot of the body has this white crap on it. And trying to remove is is removing the brown paint. So stupid to not cover the figure completely in the box.

IMG_3424.jpg

I’m starting this weekend on my SC, probably going out on lunch tomorrow to buy paints. If I’m successful and feel it would be easy enough, might repaint my EC Rex, but I want to hit up my Raptors and Dilophosaurus before then, and my EC is all about the posing fun, the SC is the “high end” piece. My is in transit to local Walmart, no clue how long it’ll take to arrive, their tracking isn’t detailed.

I look forward to seeing what you cook up. Are you going for the current color scheme or the JP true Rexy version?

It's the regular. She said a lot of the body has this white crap on it. And trying to remove is is removing the brown paint. So stupid to not cover the figure completely in the box.

I look forward to seeing what you cook up. Are you going for the current color scheme or the JP true Rexy version?

Hard to tell what is damage or not, Mattel has purposely put these white flecks on all the Rex figures, not sure why, what it's supposed to be, maybe ash from the movie but then why don't other dinosaur figures have it.

As for my paint scheme, I'm going for original JP1 Rex, the only thing I might take from JW version is some of the added wear/dirt on the teeth, just to make it feel like she's eaten and hunted her share of prey, but body color will be all original, the best.

So stupid to not cover the figure completely in the box.

Especially when the idiots at Mattel go to all of the trouble of securing the figures with dozens of twisty ties, it's all a wasted effort when half the figure is exposed to whatever damage is possible in the store. They might as well not bother with boxes altogether and just put the figures on the shelves with little tags attached to the arms.

Hard to tell what is damage or not, Mattel has purposely put these white flecks on all the Rex figures, not sure why, what it's supposed to be, maybe ash from the movie but then why don't other dinosaur figures have it.

As for my paint scheme, I'm going for original JP1 Rex, the only thing I might take from JW version is some of the added wear/dirt on the teeth, just to make it feel like she's eaten and hunted her share of prey, but body color will be all original, the best.

The most integral part you need on there is the darkened eye sockets. I hate it's not really present on the JW version.

t-rex-jurassic-park-7.jpg

Yep I'd be returning that.

I ordered another from Amazon and I'm keeping the better of the two. My wife was able to get that giant blob behind his eye but she said he's covered in it. So ****ing stupid. It serves no purpose.

Especially when the idiots at Mattel go to all of the trouble of securing the figures with dozens of twisty ties, it's all a wasted effort when half the figure is exposed to whatever damage is possible in the store. They might as well not bother with boxes altogether and just put the figures on the shelves with little tags attached to the arms.

All they needed... was a thin plastic shell... for Christ sake. We finally get the Winston Rex and have to put up with this ****.

View attachment 405296

I think that's how it's supposed to be. All of the Rex figures seem to have some cream-colored plastic "flakes" (for lack of a better term) mixed in. Ideally they'd be just below the surface so that they're not too bright, but some may be flush with the surface and stick out of the plastic partially. That spot in your photo must be where a flake is actually exposed. Unless that looks more like paint spillage on your end.

I think that's how it's supposed to be. All of the Rex figures seem to have some cream-colored plastic "flakes" (for lack of a better term) mixed in. Ideally they'd be just below the surface so that they're not too bright, but some may be flush with the surface and stick out of the plastic partially. That spot in your photo must be where a flake is actually exposed. Unless that looks more like paint spillage on your end.

After checking it out, you're correct. It's supposed to be there but it isn't accurate at all. Most can be wiped off but a few left a hole in the paint because they didn't properly seal it in.

Imagine that, make a good product and it will fly off the shelves.

Yeah, I bought the Dimophodon and Blue from Habro’s line and quickly lost all interest in picking up any of the others. After picking up the Carnotaurus and TNT Rexy, I’ve been a crackhead looking for the next hit. Gimme the whole damn line, and where is wave two??

For space and money reasons I’m fighting to restrain myself, part of me wants to go nuts and rebuild my old Kenner collection with these figures. There isn’t really much that’s been shown that I don’t think looks good, the only real complaint I can think of is how quickly they came out with variants, like I’m good with the basic Blue, the BD looks nice but one is enough for me.

Back