Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Judge Dredd movie

Was there even commercials for this...can't see how the general public would know this movie exists.

Going back this weekend for another viewing. I have to say, this movie has cemented itself as part of a great 2012 lineup along with Avengers and TDKR. I think I'm pretty much down to the Hobbit as my last must see this year.

Was there even commercials for this...can't see how the general public would know this movie exists.

I don't think they had much ad budget, and the commercials didn't do the movie any favors imo.

I don't think they had much ad budget, and the commercials didn't do the movie any favors imo.

Budget was fine. Been seeing ads everywhere and they even advertised with the WWE. I'm thinking it's the fact that it's a comic book movie of an obscure character, mixed with an R rating that's keeping the box office low. :(

Still great! :lol

sigpic3706_1gif.jpg

I love this show...

Yeah i mean this movie had a good budget for what they needed to accomplish, no scenes looked cheap or silly IMO, Up until its release i was seeing alot of commercials.

Its a combo of an R rating, younger viewers dont really know who Dredd is, plus its very dark and gritty, and those movies arent for everyone. It was also up against a bunch of other releases, and the box office seems gassed after the summer. Its a shame tho, i feel like the people involved really understood the character and i would of liked to see a sequel

I thought it was better than the best movie ever...

Its going to be hard for this to get to 30 mil worldwide. I have officially lost all faith in humanity. :(

I also think its the best comic adaptation I've seen this year...if not ever. While I loved Avengers and TDKR..I much prefer this movie. I think they knocked it out of the park.

I also think its the best comic adaptation I've seen this year...if not ever. While I loved Avengers and TDKR..I much prefer this movie. I think they knocked it out of the park.

I just love how comic book films have become the main event of the year. 15 years ago comic book films got the crap end of the deal and were laughable. Now, if you want to become a house hold name, star in a comic book film and you’ll go mainstream (Jeremy Renner, been around for years, not even Hurt Locker made him as popular as Avengers) - It’s just cool to finally see comic book films making it to the top.

As for DREDD, I think it’s my second favorite film (not just comic book film) this year. As I said on spawnforum, I liked that it was a basic action film and the stakes were super low. Lately most action films are all about the hero saving a whole country/continent/planet/universe. IMO the higher the stakes get, the less a normal person is able to relate to the protagonist. Some of the best action films have low stakes; Predator, Die Hard, Alien. Dredd was along the same lines as those classics for me and it just really got the gritty, gory and nasty feel of the setting down really well for me (and apparently other people on IMDB who have been ranking the film way higher than I thought, even RottenTomatoes gave it a pass, that really surprised the hell out of me).

I doubt a sequel will happen, but one can always hope. Urban has all my respect for nailing this part, I was really worried he was going to be a miscast but homeboy did his homework for this film.

Back