Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Judge Dredd movie

This is why Blade was such a wonderful gift of a movie 14 years ago!

damn! all these films that feel like they JUST came out are already 10+ years old! FIFTH ELEMENT had its 15th anniversary this year, that piece of trash TITANIC will probably release some 15th anniversary edition crap, FACE/OFF, MEN IN BLACK ... damn! crazy how fast time flies by.

damn! all these films that feel like they JUST came out are already 10+ years old! FIFTH ELEMENT had its 15th anniversary this year, that piece of trash TITANIC will probably release some 15th anniversary edition crap, FACE/OFF, MEN IN BLACK ... damn! crazy how fast time flies by.

13 yrs for Phantom Menace :horror

13 yrs for Phantom Menace :horror

73 years for Gone With The Wind! I remember going to the Premiere like it was yesterday!

Saw it today AT LAST!

Film of the year and the best comic book adaptation.
Also first time when notorious 'three dee' in the title isn't just an advertising.

Saw it today AT LAST!

Film of the year and the best comic book adaptation.
Also first time when notorious 'three dee' in the title isn't just an advertising.

Not really, many other movies that were natively shot with a 3D camera, like half if not most of Dredd was, can accurately claim 3D and not just be advertising.

If you mean just comic book or suprhero movies, then yes, the list dwindles down.

I believe ASM is the only one i'm aware of that was actually filmed with a 3D camera.

I mean that 3D was the actual part of movie's sense and not just a feature.
Something that even ABADAH can't boast about.

Its also the only first release movie that we didn't get a 2D option screen at my theatre.

just saw dredd and i think it was a pretty good interpretation of the character from the 2000AD comic i used to read as a kid. karl urban was so minimalist in his performance, but so good. and olivia thirlby was good as judge anderson too. nice use of her psychic abilities to give us a better glimpse into the ugly world of mega city one. the violence was brutal but made its point.

there's an interesting review (here) that discusses the comparisons between dredd and the raid in a level-headed manner. personally, i'm also kinda tired of the unfair accusations of copying hurled at dredd.

it's such a crying shame that the movie bombed. but i'd rather have just the one good film, than sequels that ruin the characters by watering things down or repeating the formula to diminished results...

I do have one serious issue with this movie though. Anderson is supposed to be psychic and can see things before they happen. It was demonstrated multiple times in the movie.

Yet she let herself be captured so easily by the drug dealer and he was like taking his own sweet time in making the move not like it was a spur of the moment plan.

It was clearly premeditated and Anderson should have seen it.

It clearly shows that Anderson has to focus when reading other people's thoughts.

The only reason she gets abducted by Kay is because she is distracted from those two kids with the guns.

It made perfect sense. She was focused on them, so was Dredd. She couldn't have seen it coming because she wasn't focusing on Kay specifically. Plus he was bound, a non-threat.

Ok, movie was a bomb, where's our awesome uncut bluray.

Bring it on, instant purchase!

Can't believe such a great movie barely topped 20 mil worldwide. I've lost faith in people and now fully support the doomsayers Mayan calendar prophecies. :lol

How many of you you are going to buy this movie in Blue-ray?
Count me in

I searched thro youtube for featurette and trailers and saw a crap load of "here's movie online link" comments.
Might be another reason why Dredd doin' such a bad boxoff.

How many of you you are going to buy this movie in Blue-ray?
Count me in

Me, walked out of the theatre wanting one. Between this movie, Avengers, TDKR, and the Hobbit upcoming, this has been a perfect geekfest of a year for me. :yess:

I searched thro youtube for featurette and trailers and saw a crap load of "here's movie online link" comments.
Might be another reason why Dredd doin' such a bad boxoff.

Fast 5 was last year's most illegally downloaded movie and it made $626,137,675 Worldwide.

Can't believe such a great movie barely topped 20 mil worldwide. I've lost faith in people and now fully support the doomsayers Mayan calendar prophecies. :lol
Damn - really? :(

Can't wait till next month, really looking forward to it!! :rock

I just came back from seeing the movie and I loved it. The official theatre release here is upcoming Thursday, but my local theatre had a preview night.

I'm definitely telling everybody who wants to listen, and even those who don't want to, to go and see this film! It was pure awesomeness! :rock :rock :rock

Back