Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Judge Dredd movie

This movie looks more interesting to me, than any of the upcoming superhero flicks.

Independent british production team, that understands the source material? Check.

Simple but effective plot and premise? Check.

Uncompromising, R-rated, gory and Verhoeven-esque approach, standing out among the slew of pg-13 productions? Check.

Karl Urban making grumpy faces and never taking the helmet off? Check.

I liked the original film. Just saw the trailer for this. It looks interesting. I might actually have to pick it up when it hits Blu Ray. Doubtful I'll see it in theaters though.

Stallone was a horrible Dredd. And I've never read the comics. I just...knew he was bad.

And I love Stallone.

While it wasn't accurate Dredd, I still enjoy the movie and loved the look of Stallone Dredd. Armand Assante was great in all his over-the-top scenery chewing. The robot was awesome too. It was just a fun 90's action flick.

While it wasn't accurate Dredd, I still enjoy the movie and loved the look of Stallone Dredd. Armand Assante was great in all his over-the-top scenery chewing. The robot was awesome too. It was just a fun 90's action flick.

:lecture I watch this movie every couple of months and it's always entertaining. Nobody ever mentions how awesome Rob Schneider was in that movie. :dunno

While I can never stand Schneider in anything, his character did play well against the straight up Dredd.

Thk God I'm not alone.

Karl Urban: bad ass lawman
Lena Heady: bad ass villainess

This being a Judge Dredd movie is just a bonus. :clap
Glad to see it getting good reviews, I think this director understands Dredd a little better.

I don't hate the movie. At all. I just really dislike Stallone's Dredd.

Everything else is goofy fun. And it has an amazing score.

Look wise, Stallone was fine, and the props, costumes were fine, but I'm hoping they go with a more gritty version this time, which it looks like they have.

Look wise, Stallone was fine, and the props, costumes were fine, but I'm hoping they go with a more gritty version this time, which it looks like they have.

Nah, Stallone looked a little goofy :lol:

dreddss.jpg

New costume, while not necessarily as faithful, looks much better:

judge-dredd-boss-face1.jpg

Nah, Stallone looked a little goofy :lol:

dreddss.jpg

New costume, while not necessarily as faithful, looks much better:

judge-dredd-boss-face1.jpg

His looks, hes got the jowls and the age to pull it off.

That pic does look weird though. :horror

Definitely love the new helms flat look though, looks more battle worn.

I'd spend $225 on Stallone Dredd before Urban Dredd.

Though I'd love to have a Urban Vampire from Priest.

Speaking of Priest, I'm kind of hoping Dredd has that bleak future feel Priest captured so well.

I also love the fact, that the new costume is basically designed to look like riot gear. With all the padding and armour plates, it looks like something that members of a riot prevention squads, might wear. Which is very fitting for a character, that is a fascist police executioner, personally going out into the streets every day and taking on the worst that the city's districts can dish out.

My one nitpick, would be the lack of the shoulder eagle. I know that Urban is wearing a decorative shoulder pad, with a golden insignia of the Judges, but something more prominent and pronounced, would be nice. Not as ridiculously ostentatious and silly, as the thing that Stallone wore, but something that would be a bit more visable and iconic, than a simple shoulder badge. It is Dredd's symbol of office after all. Something that should make him stand out among the crowd and look more characteristic and dignified, than a regular law enforcement trooper.

This actually looks like it might be fun to watch in 3D.
[ame]https://youtu.be/8Lt1878fFoo[/ame]

Last edited:

That bullet through the cheek made me wince. :lol

Back