Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew Dredd did more on DVD/BluRay its first few weeks than it had done in the box office, but I thought it took a downturn right after and stopped following news on it, so I'm really glad to hear of this turn of events. It did generate something like 50 mil in the US in its first few weeks, so maybe they're figuring enough people are now fans that a sequel will pay off. Hell, I'd do a kickstarter to get another put into the system to be made.

I'm enjoying Urban's new series Almost Human more and more each week, but it also makes me constantly think of him doing another Dredd. :lol

I went to the theatre twice, and bought the bd at full price when it came out. This thing deserves a sequel!

And great statues/action figures as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has got to be the most mishandled release in the last 15 years or so. This had all the hype of a "Direct to Video" release and basically thats how it ended up. If it's true that we actually get a sequel out of this, I really hope it doesn't make liars out of us and people actually fill the seats!
:cuss

They don't need a huge budget. The first Urban Dredd had a modest budget and we all thought it was great.

I'm pumped to hear they're considering a sequel.

This has got to be the most mishandled release in the last 15 years or so. This had all the hype of a "Direct to Video" release and basically thats how it ended up. If it's true that we actually get a sequel out of this, I really hope it doesn't make liars out of us and people actually fill the seats!
:cuss

I think you can lay a lot of the blame on the Stallone film. The stink of that turd was so bad it still lingered around this flick, and pretty much killed it before it ever reached theaters. I don't think any amount of marketing would have saved it.

This is exciting news! Dredd was one of the best movies of 2012, and fully deserves a sequel. However, I will remain cautious, as it's not confirmed yet and, as mentioned, it may not ge tthe right budget to do the character justice if confirmed.

OMGZ!!!!!!! WHY U HATEZ DREDD?!?!?! :mad:

You're SO CUTE when you try to make funnies!

h6148C3E8

Why would studio honchos bother talking to Garland if they didn't have the option to make a sequel?
Think you've got some bum intel.

Whatever the issues are, I hope it gets sorted out.
I enjoyed watching Dredd and hope we do get a sequel. I'd like to see them continue following the rookie though.

The Dark Judges.
Anderson played a role in the original story I believe.

Wish they'd replace his Law Master with the original concept art version that's been shown.
That thing was a beautiful brutal death dealer worthy of Dredd.

Yeah, the lawmasters were really the only thing that bugged me about the film. Very ugly bikes but maybe that was the route the wanted to go. I'm hoping in the potential sequel that they make them a little less.....basic? Not ugly? I'm not sure haha. I never saw the concept designs but anything could probably be better.

Where did you read the film rights are tangled up? I haven't seen anything posted like that anywhere.

Heard it Amc Movie talk the films rights are good here but the international rights are divided by different companies so to get a sequel made they would need those rights if not they cant just release the movie hear in the U.S.

Back