Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Judge Dredd movie

Finally picked up the blu ray at Target (it was sold out last week) and I must have gotten a crappy disc. :mad: First it wouldn't play at all so I deleted the cache on my Playstation and had to insert the disc about a dozen times before it would finally read it. Then about every 2 minutes during the movie, it would freeze, jump ahead and the audio would go out for several seconds at a time.

I keep hearing about other people having this same problem with this movie and their Playstation players. I'm going to have to take my disc back tomorrow and hopefully I will get one that works. And I was really looking forward to seeing this again tonight. :(

Finally picked up the blu ray at Target (it was sold out last week) and I must have gotten a crappy disc. :mad: First it wouldn't play at all so I deleted the cache on my Playstation and had to insert the disc about a dozen times before it would finally read it. Then about every 2 minutes during the movie, it would freeze, jump ahead and the audio would go out for several seconds at a time.

I keep hearing about other people having this same problem with this movie and their Playstation players. I'm going to have to take my disc back tomorrow and hopefully I will get one that works. And I was really looking forward to seeing this again tonight. :(

The moral of the story is, get a real Blu-Ray player :lol Just teasing

My copy from Amazon works fine on my PS3. Something about the Target batch seems to be the problem.

There was a Best Buy batch as well that had problems. It's been talked about on Blu-ray.com

My copy from Amazon works fine on my PS3. Something about the Target batch seems to be the problem.

More likely you need to update your players. Blue Ray player's get updates all the time. It's more for copyright infringement.

The moral of the story is, get a real Blu-Ray player :lol Just teasing

I do plan on getting one...one of these days. My problem is I also have several HD discs (back before Blu won out) and use my HD disc player to watch those and regular DVDs. It's also an upconverter..so it's been handy.

I was also kind of bummed that you can't do 3D with the disc unless you have a 3D tv. I remember when Coraline came out (before 3D tvs) and it came in 2D and 3D. I was able to watch it in 3D with my HD tv. I just figured it probably wouldn't look as good as it would with a 3D tv...not that you couldn't even watch it all. :( Wah. I'm not getting a 3D tv. There are probably only 3 or 4 movies that I think do 3D well and that doesn't justify buying a new tv just for that.

Well hopefully I get a disc that works because I've been jonesing to watch this movie again this week.

More likely you need to update your players. Blue Ray player's get updates all the time. It's more for copyright infringement.

My player has all the latest updates (I double checked last night). Read some advice on line - which is why I deleted the cache for videos/movies and bothered inserting the disc a dozen times until it was finally able to recognize it.

Definitely seems to be some kind of coding problem with certain discs and not the players themselves.

I do plan on getting one...one of these days. My problem is I also have several HD discs (back before Blu won out) and use my HD disc player to watch those and regular DVDs. It's also an upconverter..so it's been handy.

I was also kind of bummed that you can't do 3D with the disc unless you have a 3D tv. I remember when Coraline came out (before 3D tvs) and it came in 2D and 3D. I was able to watch it in 3D with my HD tv. I just figured it probably wouldn't look as good as it would with a 3D tv...not that you couldn't even watch it all. :( Wah. I'm not getting a 3D tv. There are probably only 3 or 4 movies that I think do 3D well and that doesn't justify buying a new tv just for that.

Well hopefully I get a disc that works because I've been jonesing to watch this movie again this week.

Not counting the glass, my 3D was cheaper than the same model that was not in 3D. For the most part amazon has coupon for 3d movies. So most of the time the cost me less if not the same as just the Blu. Dredd cost me $14.99 3D.

The Blu ray Dredd I got has the 2D and 3D on one disc. There were no other options for blu.

My player has all the latest updates (I double checked last night). Read some advice on line - which is why I deleted the cache for videos/movies and bothered inserting the disc a dozen times until it was finally able to recognize it.

Definitely seems to be some kind of coding problem with certain discs and not the players themselves.

Both. In short you're player thinks you made a copy or it's a copy. All disc's are press at the same place. Putting them in a case that something else.

Man this movie deserves so much more than the crappy reception it got on theatrical release and then the cheap blu-ray coding or whatever's happening with the blu-ray release. If I could get my hands on the production and marketing heads . . .

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmefAzsgNcM[/ame]

Man this movie deserves so much more than the crappy reception it got on theatrical release and then the cheap blu-ray coding or whatever's happening with the blu-ray release. If I could get my hands on the production and marketing heads . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmefAzsgNcM

I agree. Lionsgate really dropped the ball big time on this one.

Back