Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I thought it was cooler/more mindblowing that they let November go. Ballard has always been driven by ONE thing-- rescuing Caroline. Now he can dictate terms to Adele, and who does he rescue? He'd rather have another shot at his G/F than rescue Caroline. Talk about hypocrite!

As said here before. I think Caroline was his professional obsession, but he really fell in love with Mellie and we really don't know the condissions for her release. To me it sounded like Ballard was forced to stay at the Dollhouse, because they wouldn't really let him leave, now that he knows of it. And releasing November was his one condition. what he's planning we should know in season 2. I think he will still try to take Dollhouse down from the inside if he becomes a handler. If he becomes an active that's another thing altogether.
We have to get these questions answered!! :emperor

I liked the finale. Alpha is great and the whole conversation about Caroline abandoning Echo was interesting.

What I didn't like was "ZOMGS! Dr. Saunders is teh doll!!one!!!"

If they keep using the "I can't believe so and so is a doll" plot device as a crutch, season two (should it happen) will get old real fast.

SPOILERS

Well, it's sad they let November go, I would have liked to have seen her continue as a character. And I thought it a bit lame that Alpha and Whiskey were "Natural Born Killers" - what kind of idiot would want that as his fantasy?

However how Alpha integrated versus how Echo integrated based on their base personality was cool and interesting and sets off many new directions for the show.

I guess we're supposed to realize that Whiskey was the mole that reprogrammed the dolls to help Ballard? Will Victor now become an employee?

"We're not multiple personalities, well, one of my personalities has multiple personalities..."

I wonder if she was let go. The head woman winked right before letting Mellie go. Nothing is black and white when you can change any aspect of a person's mind at will. She could just be an active given parts of her own personality

As Ballard pointed out "You can't change who a person is at the core. You can't erase thier soul." It explains the composits, and glitches and such that the dolls encounter and Topher can't quite explain away.

One thing I am curious about is Whisky's confrontation of Topher. She talked about her hacking skills, and then asked why Topher made her hate him so much. On both accounts Topher looked shocked and almost guilty/sad. There is definately more about Whisky's story to be revealed.

I didnt get that part, about topher programming whisky to hate him. He is always doing questionable programs to the dolls, why was hers any different. If it comes back maybe we will get to find out more about that.

From Hollywood Reporter 05/12/09:

On the bubble front, the cult favorite "Dollhouse" is still alive, with the final decision hinging on the low-rated series' economics.The future is much clearer for Fox's other midseason...
In other words they must make it cheaper (if possible) to have a chance.
Let them know you want more Dollhouse:

keep sending messages earmarked for Peter Rice, chairman of entertainment at FOX Broadcasting. Leave a message via 310-369-3066 (viewer comment line) or [email protected] viewer feedback email)

In other news Fox hav just picked up DC Comics Human Target co-starring Jackie Earl Haley & Chi McBride and Mark Valley as the title character.

This part of the article made me chuckle...

And it’s said that Fox execs rather like the series, especially the latter half of the season.

If it's true that the FOX execs do like the series I find is hilarious that it's the latter half that they liked more. Hmmmmm, and yet that's the part of the season that FOX stuck it's nose out of 'Dollhouse'. Tisk, tisk FOX.

DOLLHOUSE IS BACK.

SEASON 2 STARTS FRIDAY ON FOX at 9 PM EST.

"Hello, Echo. How are you feeling?"

I watched.

I hope Joss writes and directs more episodes this season. The scene between Topher and Whiskey was probably my favorite part of this episode. Great to see Jamie Bamber, too.

Back