John Doe WIP Sculpt! [iminime] Serial Killer Movie (7) - The Project Continues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, I had no idea who it was when I got the email with the figure pictures until I saw one of the last pictures with the other characters in the background. at first I thought maybe Jason Stathem

Following up on my initial comments main problems I have it with are all in the sculpt. Theres a hint of Spacey there but it needs major work. Head is too wide and theres something very off with eyes. Arms look terrible exposed like that this one calls for a much better body. He's also missing his feet restraints. Its a very basic way to go for John Doe which disappoints me. Would have prefered the bloody white shirt outfit with bandaged finger tips the outfit on show could have easily been offered as an 80 dollar optional extra.

I'm not sure if the sculpt could be tweaked to fix it tbh might be best to start over

I'm good with the outfit actually. I like the fact that it matches the end scene. But that head... Just not spacey.

I'm a big iminime fan, I've got a lot that I saw people ***** about and have been impressed with the final product. For example, Tony Soprano. I think people would be devastated to know they passed on it after looking at what I have on my shelf. And Alfred. Other guys held out for that "old man" head and it ended up like crap while Alfred was stunning in every way.

That being said unless this head is completely resculpted from scratch there is no redeeming quality to this Spacey head.

He looks just like a guy. In fact he looks like this guy who walks his dog every morning outside my building. I'd consider bashing a figure of that guy, but I don't know what of do about the dog in 1/6. :slap

The body needed to be a Bruce lee sized body. Spacey is skinny in this movie. His neck needs to be narrow. Face less wide. The arms if they were going to be exposed needed to be hidden joints

The body needed to be a Bruce lee sized body. Spacey is skinny in this movie. His neck needs to be narrow. Face less wide. The arms if they were going to be exposed needed to be hidden joints

:goodpost:

Basically starting over I guess :dunno when I got the email I was less then impressed with it, but again I didn't order it. Hopefully Iminime can fix the issues people have it.

Disappointment with the outfit is a personal preference I guess I just don't think theres enough to this one for it to be the first and only choice. Don't get my wrong I like the idea of the end scene outfit I just think it should be an optional extra (one I'd probably have bought had the rest been up to scratch). The sculpt as you say Raymond is just poor it needs redone. Agree with Wake completely on the body front. I also really like Iminime own 5 or 6 of there fullsets but this has got to be the weakest reveal to date :(

As far as I am aware Soprano is still up for grabs on there site Raymond hasnt sold out. I agree with you on Alfred thats one I own and love

I agree, I had no idea who it was when I got the email with the figure pictures until I saw one of the last pictures with the other characters in the background. at first I thought maybe Jason Stathem

That's exactly who I thought it was at first too. It's a bummer though. I really want this guy to complete my set, but the sculpt just isn't there. Every company has misses, it just sucks that this is the first real miss for iminime and it's a necessity to complete a set that we already have.

I can't say there's zero Spacey there, but this is the furthest from the mark that they've ever been. Maybe the Japanese dealer thing is why they even chose to do this or because they are big fans themselves, but personally I would've liked to have seen them spend the sculpting and painting man hours on one of the other 30 iconic characters that people are clamoring for.

I'm know I'm not speaking for everybody but I'm sure there are plenty like me who would need this to be pretty perfect to justify buying a $300 John Doe.

A big problem when it comes to short sleeve characters is the lack of diversity in quality body types that are available. The closest thing that I could think of that would suit John Doe is that skinny Kaustic muscle body. And that thing in itself is pretty horrible with all those poorly sculpted veins.

The other problem is like we established, Iminime doesn't want to sculpt in wax. That's fine but that means that when a sculpt is this off it's past being tweaked and if they aren't willing to start from scratch, then it's final. We've seen already with every sculpt that they tried to tweak they were never able to bring it up to speed 100%. In some cases it improved slightly but still not enough, and in other cases it got worse.

If they aren't comfortable with wax that's fine but if that's the case then they should be willing to take things back to the drawing board and start over to improve it. I hate to say it but I'm not over the moon about the direction that The Walking Dead sculpts are going in. That's a set that would ABSOULTELY KILL ME to have to pass on but after Smith I have to be more pickey with the $300+ figures I choose.

Last edited:
I'm know I'm not speaking for everybody but I'm sure there are plenty like me who would need this to be pretty perfect to justify buying a $300 John Doe.

For the first time you and I are in complete agreement. Well probably not the first time, I just wanted to use that line. But that just about sums it up. Especially for a character that has only about 15 minutes of screen time. There's really not a lot of options as far as outfits and expressions, meaning there's really not really room for error.

Totally agree with every word you said Pop. Smith was also the one that made me realize I just can't be so trigger happy anymore. Quality representation or nothing at all I'm afraid!

Totally agree with every word you said Pop. Smith was also the one that made me realize I just can't be so trigger happy anymore. Quality representation or nothing at all I'm afraid!

YUP

For the first time you and I are in complete agreement. Well probably not the first time, I just wanted to use that line. But that just about sums it up. Especially for a character that has only about 15 minutes of screen time. There's really not a lot of options as far as outfits and expressions, meaning there's really not really room for error.

:lol & YUP

the jowl part of the sculpt isnt bad, the fatty frown lines, but other than that i am in agreement with alot of you, too fat, too wide,eye placement bad body, should have the bandaged finger's option as there is not much to this figure, and the leg cuffs....its a pass, too bad, not going to settle because its the only so so spacey on the market,.....

I have decided to modify this head.
Most of this custom work is already gone to Japan from beginning like Japan Exclusive.(only some will be offered to the rest)

Head modification will take few weeks and show you guys again.

Thanks

Denny

Just got Mills in today! These are amazing.
640BA181-7270-42DC-B616-EDA7CB7E2AE8-2129-000000FC3794716C_zps31a50e1f.jpg

Did you ever get your custom rigs from Stevos? Just curious how they turned out. I kind of put it on the backburner for a minute.

Yea I got 'em. I'm a little disappointed in the way the transaction went down but that's another story. He also missed a couple of big details and I gave him more reference than I posted here; which I thought was A LOT.

He made Mills holster closed instead of open (it should be open like he did with Neo's rig), and he made the Somerset's shoulder strap (connected to the holster) white when it should have been light brown or tan. I was annoyed with the way certain things transpired but I put it on the back burner for long enough and I'm going to contact him today to see if these can be made more accurately.

Aside from that they are nice and would be really great with the accurate tweaks. He did get the design really well. Mills straps intersect off center (toward his left shoulder) which is really nice. He made the reinforcement of the intersection bigger than it is on screen but I'm assuming that's for strength.

If I can right the wrongs with him these will be really awesome

DSC01530_zpsb416d13e.jpg

DSC01531_zpsc5af7341.jpg

DSC01534_zps9782487a.jpg

DSC01535_zps349c9c9c.jpg

DSC01536_zpsf71efcc9.jpg

DSC01532_zpsb79381d9.jpg

DSC01533_zpsaa16d556.jpg

DSC01537_zps87c00969.jpg

DSC01538_zps15bea756.jpg

DSC01539_zps8dbe221c.jpg

I procured a Nick Fury HT body with fat suit stitched on... I sanded down the biceps and got some long foot pegs (to keep him taller than mills). I'm ready to body swap Sommerset. Hopefully it looks good. I'll post pics when I get to it.

Back