Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today. I have to say, I'm SUPER pleased. I actually love the way the suit looks, especially in motion. I'm 100% happy with him. For the price I think the fit is great and I love the three heads. Some quick pics:

Enlight174.jpg
Enlight175.jpg
Enlight177.jpg
Enlight178.jpg
Enlight179.JPG

Wor-Gar I figured you'd get yours today since it seemed like it was in the same shipment as mine. Every time you talked about where yours was it was where mine was. I did get mine today. I haven't opened it since I just got home.

Open it up!

Not sure what happened today, mail got all whacked from yesterday's holiday. I got this on the USPS site:
January 21, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

Well took my best shot at futzing and posing this guy for the first time, in some kind of elegant dance pose. But it was a huge struggle as the body is just all wrong for this figure, with it's large chest and inability to bend the torso or jut out its hips like you often see Joaquin doing in the movie. So I'm really looking forward to trying this with a better body at some point.

20200121_200949 (2).jpg

20200121_201132 (3).jpg

20200121_201230 (2).jpg

I just missed mine. :monkey2 The delivery guy left a note that he'll try again tomorrow because I wasn't home.

Those are awesome pics. Looks way better than those first in-hand pics.

TexasFinest I ordered mine from GianToy when he first went up for preorder but I'm not sure if they still have him.

Isn't that what would happen though with make-up you apply -- it bunches up in wrinkles?

True, make up either gets left behind here and wears down less quickly or cracks here. However, I think at this scale the white face paint bundling up in the wrinkles just means it highlights what would be darker and in shadow. It's why I think the heads look good overall, unless you photograph really close up to the head so that this feature is obvious.

960x0.jpg

From the film details, I think the wrinkled parts should be darker than the rest of the face, where the Toys Era version has paint bundled up here.

Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Toys wonderland dropped the humorist to 149

I hope they honor the price change from my previous order. I emailed them.

Edit: they will honor the price, but won?t change the payment plan price. They will refund me the difference after the plan has been paid off. Kind of annoying.

Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Got this yesterday and swapped out the body immediately with a Coo.Model (for now, although not sure I'll bother much more). At least his head can move down now.

Far from prefect, but I wanted to try to photograph it and make it look as good as I could.
db3f646c278bf20471eda07aec29605d.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine in and there's lots to love...

THE GOOD...

All three head sculpts look great with decent paint apps (didn't expect HT level at this price point). Suit is more red than a lot of photo's suggest and i love the overall bagginess to it, very clown like and accurate to the movie...
Material too is nice and can be worked with to sit better, and the vest has a surprisingly soft suede feel to it. Love the metal gun too...nice touch!

THE BAD...

Body is too tall and buff and the hands are over scaled.

THE UGLY...

Unfortunately the right side of my shirt collar is missing the printed design which is a bit of a bummer...or maybe i got the exclusive version of the unused prototype movie shirt:)

All in all though it's a very nice set for the money and pops great on the shelf:)

DSC_0894.JPGDSC_0932.JPGDSC_0939.JPGDSC_1025.JPGDSC_0912.JPG

Great pictures. Sorry to hear about that bizarre missing pattern on the right collar. Strange indeed... but maybe you'll luck out and get a spare shirt of out it.

Happy to hear that you are happy with it. Relieved.

I got to get a set of those DX11 hands.

Wow didn't realize Joaquin Phoenix was only around 5'8. The movie did such a good job making him seem really tall and lanky.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how much shorter you can make the figure with the jacket already being way too big as it is. Although it would certainly help make the head look more in proportion.

Back