Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At $150, I'm tempted. Wish I knew for certain that they plan a Subway Killer clown.

Pffft you know it?s coming lol

I?m tempted to cancel and go to tns. I just saw that toys wonderland didn?t add shipping to the total. So it would come out cheaper.

I do love how freakin creepy he looks here. Even if it's not exactly true to the scenes in the movie, it's the one shot that makes me really want to get this...

5023862-6273133-image-m-86_1539461802097.jpg

That's a great pic to have for comparison, there's something weird with the proportions on the TE outfit, I think the pants look too puffed out on the sides on the figure. The hair is a bit different too. But $150 shipped like you guys said is a pretty good deal, especially for the other head. If you consider the bonus painted head to be at least $30, $120 for the figure seems great.

Really want someone to come out w a rooted hair joker sculpt and I?ll bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it seems to match that really well, even if we know the production paint job won't look nearly as good. And his outfit doesn't appear to get torn or dirtied up much at the end, so the suit would still be accurate. You'd just have to unbutton the shirt a bit.

Got my Toys Era joker today! I'm actually very pleased with him. I see all the flaws everyone has pointed out, but I still think he looks good on display. I may change him suit a bit and his face paint, but otherwise I overall think he looks good.

One thing I've noticed that I've not seen people talk about yet is a weird line at the top of his head in his hair? Looks like a change in hair like a seam?

DSCF2481.JPGDSCF2485.jpgDSCF2503.JPGDSCF2500.jpgDSCF2517.JPGDSCF2550.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF2527.jpg
    DSCF2527.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 116
Nasty mold seam. Oh well... looks like you got two good faces there.

Still hoping mine shows up today.

Yeah I feel quite lucky, they don't look too bad! They've got the weird build up of the white face paint in the sculpt wrinkles, but all other details look pretty good. I think I'm going to repaint the non-clown make-up version, darken the eyebrows and the like.

Hope yours shows up soon :D!

Yeah that looks like a mold seam.

Yeah, agreed - all of three of the heads sculpts have them just as obvious from the top of the head. I suppose it's not too noticeable in portraits, was just surprised as I'd not seen such an obvious mold seam in other figures I've brought so far :/

Just received mine, and well... it looks exactly like all the pictures I've been looking at the past few weeks. With the exception that the suit is much more of a straight red than the slight orangy-red it appears in the majority of pics and reviews.

I can definitely see how the suit can be slimmed down a bit, both in the legs and arms of the jacket, as they are just far too wide and baggy, even for a baggy suit. And that combined with putting him on a slimmer body should help create a thinner overall look. But the suit does have a nice feel to it, and in fact the entire package feels much more high-quality than I'm used to with third party figures.

One thing I wasn't expecting though is just how stiff the neck joint is. That combined with the solid neck makes it really hard to pose, or angle the head in that way Phoenix often did. So think I might have to convert mine into a neckless sculpt so I can convey a bit more personality.

In the end, while I'm not exactly blown away, I see more than enough potential here for a great Joker figure, so am look forward to getting to work on it. :)

Great news! Hope lives!

I'm very happy to hear that the suit has more red in it than the pictures show. Do you think it needs any toning down? A little darker?

Also happy to hear that you think slimming the suit won't be a problem. How do you think the suit material will take to a hot iron?

Great news! Hope lives!

I'm very happy to hear that the suit has more red in it than the pictures show. Do you think it needs any toning down? A little darker?

Also happy to hear that you think slimming the suit won't be a problem. How do you think the suit material will take to a hot iron?

Yeah I think I'd prefer mine toned down a bit more, as even in my dimly lit display room it's still very bright. I was comparing with my other figures and the red on the skirt portion of my Praetorian Guard is probably closer to what I want, as it's a very slightly deeper red.

And I'd be a bit nervous using an iron on this material, but it would probably be fine on a lower setting. Since they obviously had to iron this suit at some point.

So did you not get yours today?

Back