Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that sucks if true. I really want this joker but I feel like this may be a Logan scenario. Ugh. O well

I think this'll get some merch - not a lot, but some. Infinity announced they have the license.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232384

Hot Toys shared the official Joker trailer on their facebook after being so "hush-hush" about it, I think something has definitely happened. Hopefully this won't be another license Hot Toys bought just so someone else can't. I'm definitely willing to go the custom route if that's the case.

inb4 Arthur Fleck cosbaby set. :lol

Some of the media backlash from the film might keep some manufacturers weary of investing in a license as well, we'll see. I mean even Funko hasn't announced anything and that's saying a lot.

I think this'll get some merch - not a lot, but some. Infinity announced they have the license.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232384

Hot Toys shared the official Joker trailer on their facebook after being so "hush-hush" about it, I think something has definitely happened. Hopefully this won't be another license Hot Toys bought just so someone else can't. I'm definitely willing to go the custom route if that's the case.

inb4 Arthur Fleck cosbaby set. :lol

The film is banned in China, biggest market of Hot Toys. Get the resemblance?

I just want a double figure set. A box with Arthur and Arthur as joker. I don?t want 7 different variants.

Saw the film last night, thought it was absolutely incredible and loved it, but I don't really see us getting a licensed figure from this, considering the controversy and from the media backlash BS, its an extremely violent film and its dark and I don't think they're gonna license it for kids to buy action figures and funko pops. Maybe they'll let an adult collectibles company take a shot at some pieces, but I think it'll be minimal. Also has Joaquin ever let a company use his likeness for figures or statues before? Hope I'm wrong tho!

TOYS ERA JOKER.jpg

Well, I'd say this may be a good hint as to the likelihood of Hot Toys doing this...thoughts?

There are already a few 3rd party versions of this. If HT does announce theirs, it'll be a bit of work to shut the 3rd party projects down since there are quite a few of them already. If we don't see an announcement by the end of next week, I say we probably won't get one.

There are already a few 3rd party versions of this. If HT does announce theirs, it'll be a bit of work to shut the 3rd party projects down since there are quite a few of them already. If we don't see an announcement by the end of next week, I say we probably won't get one.

Far as I'm concerned, Toys Era wins this round...three headsculpts that look good is hard to beat

My wife and I saw it on Saturday. Like xXLEELANDXx, we were BLOWN AWAY by this film. It really is a next-level film, the acting, direction, cinematography all were really outstanding. It's a slow burner character study and a good commentary on classism and mental illness. I will say that we, however, were expecting more violence based on the pre-hype. Frankly you'll see a bigger body count in John Wick or any season of The Walking Dead.

While I'd like to hold out hope for HT to release something, they are so far up Marvel / Disney's butt that I don't forsee this happening. My guess is that they will release another 10 Iron Man figures before considering a Joker figure / set.

one minor thing I see wrong with the accessory from Toys Era - the flowers are not really movie accurate, that wasn't how it was set up in the movie (which I'll leave out how to fix to avoid spoilers). It'd be an easy fix, though, to make it movie accurate.

one minor thing I see wrong with the accessory from Toys Era - the flowers are not really movie accurate, that wasn't how it was set up in the movie (which I'll leave out how to fix to avoid spoilers). It'd be an easy fix, though, to make it movie accurate.

You can still post how to fix, maybe just use the "spoiler guard" or whatever it's called LOL. I don't know these fancy terms haha

Back