Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks so much better than the Leto version it isn't even funny. I can't wait for this.

This trailer is the ****! Love it. A lot of what Nolan stayed away from, for good reason, but after Ledger something "else" needed to be done if Joker was going to move beyond Heath's shadow.

Yeah I have to agree this looks really damn good, even if it doesn't feel remotely like the usual Joker origin story.

And I also have to keep reminding myself that the name Jack Napier was only an invention of the 89 movie. It's been around so long I just got used to that being his actual name. :D

This trailer is the ****! Love it. A lot of what Nolan stayed away from, for good reason, but after Ledger something "else" needed to be done if Joker was going to move beyond Heath's shadow.
I actually felt, watching the trailer, that they were trying to essentially provide a backstory for Ledger Joker. The opening shot of the buildings echoes the opening to Dark Knight, and the mannerisms and style of this interpretation of Joker, as well as the mood and tone, seem very much in line with what Nolan did in my opinion.

I'm in for a Joker's mom figure from Hot Toys.

Someone had made a really good custom of this but I can't seem to find it, anyone have that?

I'm already sold on the look of this on my shelf... I couldn't get myself to purchase the Leto, and straight up, I'm glad I didn't because I'm still not feeling it, but this I'm down with. The cigerette, for whatever reason, is a nice touch.
I'm not a fan of knowing Joker's origin but for some reason I'm down with this.

I actually felt, watching the trailer, that they were trying to essentially provide a backstory for Ledger Joker. The opening shot of the buildings echoes the opening to Dark Knight, and the mannerisms and style of this interpretation of Joker, as well as the mood and tone, seem very much in line with what Nolan did in my opinion.

I'm in for a Joker's mom figure from Hot Toys.

Other than it seeming to also be a quality project I did not get that vibe at all.
NY and Chicago have different vibes (I have lived an equal amount of years in both cities at this point (15!)) and more to the point the 2 characters are approached from very different angles.
This reminded me more of "The king of Comedy" (also with De Niro).
The finest theory about the Ledger Joker's background I've read comes from Patton Oswalt here, it fits so well that I take it as canon.
It is a very far cry what we can gather in Joker's trailer.
Just my two cents of course and I'm also in for a figure!

I would really be interested In a 1/6 version of this but I doubt hot Toys will do it justice as that custom one.

As much as I liked the Ledger Joker, as a fan of the comics esp. the Joker from the 70s, I appreciated any Joker who suffered through the chemical bath, e.g. Nicholson and Leto. I didn’t like the lengths Nolan went to rationalize the Batman universe (why he also refused his Batman to coexist with beings having superpowers) and how he expressed that through his interpretation of Ra’s al Ghul, Joker and Bane and basically removing the freakish elements that were central to their characters. Since we already got Nolan’s “realistic” version of Joker, I’m hoping that this latest version will get a chemical bath along the way.

Looks nice, but the big thing that missed the mark on that custom figure is most likely, its using a narrow body.
This should be a very slim body.
Almost like the old Medicom bodies.

This is the reason to me why I feel that is this Joker is more true to the comic book character cause Joker has always been super skinny in the comics.
And Phoenix went to great lengths to lose weight and look more appropriate for the role.

Man, I love that trailer. Must have watched it over 10 times yesterday. lol
I hope Hot Toys does this figure. Day one preorder for sure.

Looks nice, but the big thing that missed the mark on that custom figure is most likely, its using a narrow body.
This should be a very slim body.
Almost like the old Medicom bodies.

This is the reason to me why I feel that is this Joker is more true to the comic book character cause Joker has always been super skinny in the comics.
And Phoenix went to great lengths to lose weight and look more appropriate for the role.

Man, I love that trailer. Must have watched it over 10 times yesterday. lol
I hope Hot Toys does this figure. Day one preorder for sure.

We'll see him at SDCC. I'd put money on it.

Not going to happen I doubt the actor will agree to them using his likeness.

Maybe 3rd party but I doubt hot toys will be able to make him

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wouldn't you think studios automatically bundle in likenesses rights in contracts with actors in big movies these days? Maybe he's got to approve of the sculpt, but I can't imagine they would make a movie (let alone a Joker movie) and not be able to do merch for it. That would have to be a deal breaker for a studio.

Behind you on this.
Even huge names have to sign off on likeness use for parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you know so that you can say so emphatically?

Yeah, it looks promising, but I am not so sure I need to have a sympathetic Joker....

I think I like my Joker somewhat of an enigma , and an agent of chaos.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back