JND studios Robert Pattinson The Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the bit where he says (basically) he was nothing but a dumb pretty-boy and now he's grown into a solid actor.

I began to rate Pattinson after The Rover. Average movie, but his performance was amazing.

The outfit is CRAZY good. Sculpt is good, but eyes are a little larger than they should be? i dunno, likeness is there but could be better imo.

Overall it's very nice, but i think InArts 1/6th is the one to beat.

The outfit is CRAZY good. Sculpt is good, but eyes are a little larger than they should be? i dunno, likeness is there but could be better imo.

Overall it's very nice, but i think InArts 1/6th is the one to beat.

They do look slightly big. None of the others that I own look to be the same, but there is an ability to maipulate the eyes to an extent so may need to push the glass eyeball in and close the silicone lid a little bit, will have a see when I get mine in!

WOW.

Just opened mine up and it's straight away become my favourite collectible. It's unreal. No issue with bulbous eyes, just pushed them in a bit more, futzed the hair a tiny bit.

I prefer not having sculpted statues, I'll always rather real clothing and mixed media, but the print work of the resin and paint is unreal. I have no idea how a machine can print that minute detail. There's several different minuscule textures all over the body, it's easy to mistake it as real fabric if there wasn't a slight sheen to the paint over it. I'd still prefer real cloth, but the 3D sculpt work is very impressive.

As ever they have improved the paint work and hair. Just stupidly good, I've taken some photos but as always unless you have a proper camera phone cameras don't do it justice.

Anyone getting this is in for a treat.

Inart 1/6 alongside it should be a nice alternative when that comes in.

Congrats @GaryPool :clap

I’m with you in preferring mixed media rather than fully sculpted statues. But, like you said, this piece is so well sculpted that the detail pretty much mimics real fabric.

WOW.

Just opened mine up and it's straight away become my favourite collectible. It's unreal. No issue with bulbous eyes, just pushed them in a bit more, futzed the hair a tiny bit.

I prefer not having sculpted statues, I'll always rather real clothing and mixed media, but the print work of the resin and paint is unreal. I have no idea how a machine can print that minute detail. There's several different minuscule textures all over the body, it's easy to mistake it as real fabric if there wasn't a slight sheen to the paint over it. I'd still prefer real cloth, but the 3D sculpt work is very impressive.

As ever they have improved the paint work and hair. Just stupidly good, I've taken some photos but as always unless you have a proper camera phone cameras don't do it justice.

Anyone getting this is in for a treat.

Inart 1/6 alongside it should be a nice alternative when that comes in.

Congrats! You must have ordered your direct - I'm still waiting for my retailer to get in :(

Great to hear about the eyes - that was the only thing that worried me after seeing the final result.

Any pics would be appreciated.

Congrats! You must have ordered your direct - I'm still waiting for my retailer to get in :(

Great to hear about the eyes - that was the only thing that worried me after seeing the final result.

Any pics would be appreciated.

Yup, ordered direct, number 197 out of 900 if I remember correct!

Google Pixel 6 so okay camera, would rather have a proper camera to photograph these statues. Sometimes they look good, but I feel like this scale needs a proper lens as if you were to shoot a person's portrait. Anyway, here's some of the better ones:

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg

B4.jpg

B5.jpg

B6.jpg

Thanks Gary!

I think you're being a bit harsh on yourself regarding the photos - these are really good. No lens aberration/distortion, etc and a couple of the close shots boarder on costume tests with a real person.

I know what you mean though, re a pro camera, but still... good job, sir!

So the eyes - you literally just pushed them back with your fingers, yeah?

I so wanted this movie to be amazing - the teaser trailer (to me) is one of the best trailers ever produced, and coupled with the fact that Se7en is in my top 5 all-time films I was the most excited I've been for a film in as long as I can remember. So I was a little disappointed with the end result, but that costume is undeniable, and hopefully Reeves pulls off a great trilogy (and doesn't mess with the costume design for each one! lol)

Thanks Gary!

I think you're being a bit harsh on yourself regarding the photos - these are really good. No lens aberration/distortion, etc and a couple of the close shots boarder on costume tests with a real person.

I know what you mean though, re a pro camera, but still... good job, sir!

So the eyes - you literally just pushed them back with your fingers, yeah?

I so wanted this movie to be amazing - the teaser trailer (to me) is one of the best trailers ever produced, and coupled with the fact that Se7en is in my top 5 all-time films I was the most excited I've been for a film in as long as I can remember. So I was a little disappointed with the end result, but that costume is undeniable, and hopefully Reeves pulls off a great trilogy (and doesn't mess with the costume design for each one! lol)

Thanks, it's mostly the sharpness and auto-blur, I'd love to have a professional camera but really low on my to-buy list. But thank you kindly!

Yeah, I just pushed the cowl eyes in a little bit, not sure how much they moved inwards, I didn't really assess how they were beforehand, so can't really say I noticed them being bulbous, they're really not that much bigger than other character I own. I think because Pattinson has quite unique lower eyelids where they dip around the curvature of the lower left and right eye ball, so when he looks to the left and right quite naturally you see more ball of his eye than other people whose lower eye-lid doesn't dip. Well, anyway, I don't notice an issue beforehand or after.

I absolutely love the costume, and Pattinson in the role. I'm also the same as you, I watched it first time round, extremely tired so struggled staying awake, unfortunately the second time around I was also falling asleep. Both times I walked away not really loving it as much as I was hoping to, but thought my tiredness maybe marred it. Watched it a third time, and it's just a good film. It has its problems, I'm not okay with thinking it's just good. It's a shame it wasn't incredible, but that's fine. Batman Begins was just good in my opinion also. Hopefully the second film will be the Dark Knight of this series. either way, ecstatic to own this piece!

I do wish they used real material, but the texture and realism is so on point anyway. I do wish the cape was better however, the outside is fine, but the inside seems like it's wrong to be lined with a satin like texture, I'm trying to find reference for it but can't, but it seems wrong, may be right.

Great pics @GaryPool :clap

You’re definitely being too hard on yourself regarding your pics. This looks professional o compared to pics I would take :lol

Appreciate it mate, thanks! (y)

Mind blowingly good.

I might be misremembering but I thought you didn't like this piece?

You are indeed misremembering. The Batman itself I’ve always thought was stunning.

It’s the standard BW I think is horrendous.

Ah, I see. I think the unmasked sculpt that comes with this is the exact same as the Bruce Wayne sans black eye paint, though? I would have loved to have gotten that Bruce Wayne actually. The suit looks great!

Ah, I see. I think the unmasked sculpt that comes with this is the exact same as the Bruce Wayne sans black eye paint, though? I would have loved to have gotten that Bruce Wayne actually. The suit looks great!

Looks the same but I think the black eye makeup masks the ‘bug eyes’ look I feel the standard BW has.

Congrats on the pickup. Beast of a collectible.

Very happy to have this guy in the collection, my first JND statue. Being a statue, it absolutely fools you in thinking this is made of mixed materials, but the fact its all sculpted (other than the cape) is just unreal. Incredible level of detail.

The headsculpt is a little too old-man Pattinson for me, but i prefer the cowl look on the sculpture anyways. Likeness on the cowl sculpt is very convincing. Out of the box the hair needs quite a bit of work to get the messy look going, but it stands nicely independent from the statue.

Being my first JND statue with a silicon head, I actually dont see the benefit of the material. The quality and paintwork looks equally as good on great resin headsculpts (InArt Gandalf for example). I do admit it was fun to squish the head a little out of box, but when behind glass, it looks exactly like a resin sculpt.

The cape is not heavy enough to drape convincingly, so i wired the lower hem, which fortunately already had a nice pocket to feed a wire through all along the bottom, which then made it easy to shape how i like.

Overall, very impressed with the statue, which has alot of presence in the collection.

Apologies for the low quality photos and reflections, just wanted to show it in place.

20240104_132151.jpg

20240104_132811.jpg

20240104_132900.jpg

Hair straight out of the box:
20240104_123115.jpg

..and a bit of work with gel, brush, and toothpick:
20240104_130241.jpg

Attachments

• 20240104_132151.jpg
    20240104_132151.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240104_132811.jpg