JND studios Robert Pattinson The Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's fair - to be honest the only one that really looks affected by it is Catwoman's cheeks. In person on my Joker, Fleck, Wonder Woman and Bale Batman there's no droop or deformities. The texture in the silicone is unreal, there's pores, in the correct scale, small bumps and texture unique to the actors portrait. Wonder Woman by far has the best portrait, but until you look in hand you don't really see the nuance that the silicone brings.
That is part of the problem though. Not everyone wants to drop a couple grand on something that they hope is better in hand rather than what they're seeing on a screen. One of the worst feelings would be to open the box and be like "yup, still don't like it or think it looks good. Now I have to try to sell it." We've seen it in plenty HT threads for instance where there's a figure that looks pretty bad in reviews and photos but the ppl who own it swear it's better in hand, if you'd only get it, you'd see how good it is, etc.

I'm not going to lie and say I don't feel a little anxious when I think about my 2 PO's I have with JND 😅

That is part of the problem though. Not everyone wants to drop a couple grand on something that they hope is better in hand rather than what they're seeing on a screen. One of the worst feelings would be to open the box and be like "yup, still don't like it or think it looks good. Now I have to try to sell it." We've seen it in plenty HT threads for instance where there's a figure that looks pretty bad in reviews and photos but the ppl who own it swear it's better in hand, if you'd only get it, you'd see how good it is, etc.

I'm not going to lie and say I don't feel a little anxious when I think about my 2 PO's I have with JND 😅
If it doesn't look good in pics, no way should you order anything. Maybe hot toys you could take the risk but there is no point on higher price statues. I'm sure silicone looks great in hand, but if it doesn't look good in pics then there's no way I'm getting it, it won't miraculously change the piece as we can see what it looks like from photos

That's completely fair. I can say that in terms of texture and real light hitting the silicone along with the paint, there's no issues, you may have issue with the sculpt but from that you should be able to see from their official pictures.

Now if you shine a white light on it and take a picture the silicone looks bloody awful. Even I've taken a picture before and the silicone looks wet and shiny. In natural lighting both in pictures and just looking at them they look matte and have a warmth, especially if a sun ray comes in and catches a half-face.
Hopefully the anxiety wares off when you get them in-hand! Which ones did you go for mate?

Which ones did you go for mate?
I’ve got Cavill and the Reeve two pack on order as Superman is my favorite superhero. While I do have my issues with some aspects, overall I’m happy with the protos. I even sent the pics to my best friend prior to ordering as she has no problem giving me her honest opinion, especially with an item like those where my own bias could cloud my judgment. She was like “you have to get it” for both, so I placed my orders.

Last edited:
If the Reeve isn't improved beyond the restyled hair pic they posted, I'll simply cancel my order and await my $320 refund.

Maybe not simple as my anticipation for it by that time will be through the roof, but I'll do it.

I sent them some pics the other day identifying the areas on the revised photos they still need to correct/change. They sent back a terse "we'll look into it".

The final product video just dropped and it looks outstanding, such a fine job they've done on him, probably the most excited I've been for one of their statues.

Going to be incredible!

Here's the video for anyone interested.

He does look much better in the video, particularly the Wayne sculpts. Though, I think the Wayne sculpt looks best on the Batman statue without the cape. Kind of funny that you can remove the front-top of the cowl. Not sure why you'd want to, but I guess that's just in case yours comes with wonky positioned eyes. Surprisingly, the boxes don't look that big at all for a 1/3 scale piece. I've seen some P1 boxes look huge! This box looks to be about the size of the InArt Joker two pack. Have to admit, the realism of the Batman sculpt is probably the best done so far at any scale.

Last edited:
Here's the video for anyone interested.

He does look much better in the video, particularly the Wayne sculpts. Though, I think the Wayne sculpt looks best on the Batman statue without the cape. Kind of funny that you can remove the front-top of the cowl. Not sure why you'd want to, but I guess that's just in case yours comes with wonky positioned eyes. Surprisingly, the boxes don't look that big at all for a 1/3 scale piece. I've seen some P1 boxes look huge! This box looks to be about the size of the InArt Joker two pack. Have to admit, the realism of the Batman sculpt is probably the best done so far at any scale.

Robert Pattinson Dc GIF by The Batman

I ordered The Batman only, not the Bruce Wayne, and will only ever display it with the cowl... that being said, I thought the sculpt of Pattinson face on both versions was pretty average - but in that production video of the Bruce, it looking much better.

One thing I've learned about JND - they need to fire their photographers; they have no idea how to capture what the sculpts looks like in hand. The only one I've seen so far (but not in hand) that will be beyond saving is the Liv Tyler LOTR's. That looks like ass.

The level of detail on this is simply insane! Definitely JNDs best to date. The latest video really has me wondering if I should get this and cancel my InArt figure 🤔

Last edited:
Back