Jazz Inc - 1/6 1966 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant Wait !!!!! IMG_6807.jpg

Is that a bad angle photo, or is robin in a child seat? It looks like the bottom cushion is ridiculously short lengthwise.

Posted initially on Facebook, and then on Instagram - for those who do not frequent either site.
Basically, he starts off saying they are working as fast as they can, but due to covid there are a lot of delays from suppliers, so please be patient.
He also shows a prototype in the works, with some of the electronics. Many improvements are still being made to the prototype including:
Redo-ing the "antlers" at the top of the car behind the siren
The lights nearby will be moved slightly
The chrome surrounds around the bottom of the glass will be thinner, and better placed
The chrome behind the seats will be re-worked
More pieces potentially magnetic so people can have them on or not
Decals will be vinyl and on top of the gloss paint (as they should be), and owners can choose what they are putting on I guess
Current prototype has pieces which on the final piece will be translucent plastic (eg. the Batphone)
Final prototype will be shown in @ 1 week.

2nd Link shows a quick vid of the Hot Toys 66 Batman and Robin sitting in the car.

Hope this works, I've never tried to share an instagram link to this forum:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLpar0KA5sQ/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLkOP_EAUai/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Pretty cool seeing him make all these updates and improvements to the car. Guaranteed that the HT version wouldn't have been nearly this accurate.

Agreed! Some collectors seem to forget that what Hot Toys showed was a convention show 1-off, not a even a prototype for production. The level of detail would almost surely have been heavily reduced for production. Same with their Millenium Falcon cockpit.
Like anything else, I'm sure this will have some imperfections of other issues, but it will be a showstopper at the very least!!

My biggest concern are the decals. With past model kits, etc., I've never been good a putting on decals. I realize he is doing this to offer collectors the opportunity to use the decals that make the car appropriate to what they want, but I'm sure I'm going to mess mine up...

Yeah it's a bit odd that he wouldn't just apply the decals for us. Although I think with them being vinyl it might be fairly easy to remove and reposition them until we're happy with it, so we don't have to get it exactly right the first time.

Hey Sardo and James - Big Thanks to you guys for posting all this info! :clap:clap

That has to be the one of the coolest things I've ever seen! The lighting and the interior are fantastic. At some point it looks like he did the batcomputer in the trunk, which I wasn't aware of until I saw the video, which is a huge bonus.

I still think the seats are maybe a tad too short, but they really didn't look all that noticable in his video - it must've really been a really bad angle in the original shot. I think it really won't even be an issue when they're covered in leather and the floor mats go in.

I agree with you guys about the decals. I hope they're very forgiving because I really sucked at just about every decal I ever put on a model as a kid. I thought he would just use the ones that were on the car in the 1966 tv show because they're authentic to the original show. He's already dropped the red piping on the seat because it's not original, so the decal thing seems a bit odd. I know I've seen a post about some decal issues on the bvs mobile, but then again he may just be trying to accommodate someone's request.

On a different note, is there any word on the 1989 batwing? I got an email back from Joost the other day that it now included retractable gattling guns, so that's getting much cooler too.

Looking forward to mine, I think I POd this thing over a year ago it seems.

I hope the seat backs are properly angled so the figures sit upright. The Robin figure should be fine but the West Figure should have the fatsuit removed, all that extra padding severely limits its ab crunch and will help it sit properly.

I however will probably pose my figs alongside the car.

Alright I finally gave in and ordered this awesome thing. I held off for awhile since I've never been as much of a diehard fan of the show as others here, but seeing the latest progress and how cool it looks with the flashing lights and figures inside convinced me I just had to have it. And much like with the Ecto-1 I know I'd be kicking myself later if I missed out. :p

Will we be offered to upgrade to the deluxe? I just put a deposit down.

It depends which one you put the deposit on. He offers a base version and an ultimate dx version. The dx has the the seat upgrades and lights, etc.

He has an upgrade option if you ordered the base version, but want all the other stuff. You can add that, if you need to.

Back