Jazz Inc - 1/6 1966 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I messaged asking about the tires, hopefully you are right. I still don?t know what the tires are being made of in the regular version?

Joost just confirmed that the base version does include rubber tires and posable front wheels. Also, chrome parts, and of course, opening doors.

The DX version adds:
  • Leather Seats
  • Cloth Floor Mats
  • Removable Dashboard Part For Screen
  • Removable Light Up Flame For The Rocket Tube
  • Removable Bat-Ram
  • 22 LED's With Remote Control
  • Screen Accurate LED Animation and Patterns

Here's what lights up on the DX:
  • Dashboard five light chaser LEDs in correct animation pattern
  • Beacon
  • Side Roll bar emergency flashers
  • Rear Cockpit console light
  • Detect-a-scope
  • Bat-Phone
  • Animated multi color turbine lights
  • Head Lights
  • Rear Tail Lights
  • Bat-ray lights.

The full DX version is available for ordering on the website, but I didn't see the upgrade yet.

It seems only fitting that if the HT Batmobile marked my commitment to collect 1/6th, the Jazzinc Batmobile will represent me exit from collecting, some 8 years later. I have WAY too many figures now, and I I feel as if they are beginning to own me, not the other way around. I also still have plenty of figures on pre-order, which I am happy to own. Today I made a commitment to not purchase any more and just concentrate on creating dioramas and environments for the figures I do. In 10 years time, it will be a helluva display!

I feel exactly the same.
My addiction to this hobby begun in 2012 when I discovered the HT89 Batmobile I bought in 2013. Then followed DX09, 08, 14, HCG 89 cowl, prop batarang, belt and all my beloved franchises from my childhood. BTAS, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Robocop, Ghostbusters, BTTF etc...
I‘ve checked. I spent almost 7000 € in this hobby. Almost 1000€ per year. I know it’s ridiculous compared to fellow collectors but much more than I ever thought when I begun.
I sold a lot of stuff this year, bought other stuff but like you I feel all this begin to own me too. So I decided to stop buying and concentrate and enjoy what I already have and keep what is essential for me.
Stop buying for my wallet, my family and the planet.
But congratulations for all those ordered this 66 Batmobile!!!

:clap

Upgraded!

When the upgrade package costs less than or is about even with the price of an average Hot Toys figure, it's a no brainer! So glad they were able to keep the upgrade at a reasonable price!

I spent almost 7000 € in this hobby. Almost 1000€ per year. I know it’s ridiculous compared to fellow collectors but much more than I ever thought when I begun.

To be fair, that's 7000 € over 7 years. By today's prices, that's what? 3 Hot Toys figures per year? When you still own those figures, and can potentially resell them (in some cases for more than what was originally paid), that's really not so bad in the context of someone actively committing to a process of collecting.

I feel the best time to be in the hobby was between 2012-2015, when Hoy Toys really matured in their sculpting and were releasing much sought after characters - the original Star Wars line, etc. Whilst still expensive, they weren't the ridiculous prices they are now - well beyond what one could even reasonably deem 'worth the money'. It's insanity - a rich man's game.

It seems only fitting that if the HT Batmobile marked my commitment to collect 1/6th, the Jazzinc Batmobile will represent me exit from collecting, some 8 years later. I have WAY too many figures now, and I I feel as if they are beginning to own me, not the other way around. I also still have plenty of figures on pre-order, which I am happy to own. Today I made a commitment to not purchase any more and just concentrate on creating dioramas and environments for the figures I do. In 10 years time, it will be a helluva display!

I absolutely agree. I sold off all my figures, except for the '66 Batman and Robin (and I was close to letting them go after the years-long Hot Toys '66 Batmobile debacle). The JazzInc 'mobile represents a significant investment, to be sure, but it will be the finale to my period of collecting and the right exit point from the hobby. With the figures, it will be the perfect standalone piece. It will be...enough. :)

Hey Johnny6666

Im thrilled the JazzInc car has provided this epic collectable for us.
What if JazzInc makes a TV computer set to go with the 1966 TV Batmobile or, the Batcycle. Would those be of further interest?

Heya, I think any further 'Deluxe' attachments to the JazzInc '66 Batmobile would probably stretch buyers too much. There's already been one 'Deluxe' package addition, and it's expensive enough as it is! I think a TV computer screen would be too tiny to have much impact in a 1/6 scale display (given it's hidden in the dashboard anyway), whereas the flashing lights, etc. are more readily seen.

I think it's entirely reasonable to envision a JazzInc '66 Batcycle down the road, as it appears the '66 Batmobile is very popular. Given all the vehicles JazzInc has now successfully released, I don't think any roughly equivalent sized display piece is an unrealistic proposition - it just takes the requisite pre-order commitment from fans. :)

Hey Johnny6666

What if JazzInc makes a TV computer set to go with the 1966 TV Batmobile or, the Batcycle. Would those be of further interest?

I would love the batcomputer. When DoggieDoc posted he would produce the batcomputer, he got a tremendous response, but it is not yet at the forefront of his list, so many of us are still waiting patiently. That would look fantastic next to the batmobile and help really round out the display.

While I absolutely love the 1966 batman series, the batcycle would have to be a standalone item for me. That is, Hot Toys only made the batman and robin figures, which at least for me, will be posing with the 66 batmobile. I'm not about to go another $600+ just for two more of the same figures just to pose them with the batcycle. That doesn't really enhance my collection as a "diorama" item, so much as it induces me have to spend more. It's kind of the reverse of the batmobile - I got the figures to go with the vehicle, rather than the other way around. That said, the 1966 batmobile has always had a following of it's own, so it's a bit of an anomaly.

Now, if Joost wants to really expand his horizons, the actual batcave itself would be the ultimate diorama to house the batmobile, batcycle, and the computer. It's true that it's a big item, but it's not, as he says like "an x-wing fighter", -he could absolutely nail that. It could also be shipped in separate boxes, as I imagine the 1989 batwing will. Potentially, he could make it ship in flat packs if he designs it like, say, the star wars dioramas that require some assembly by the purchaser, -like one of the wall mounted dioramas. I'm sure he could keep costs down on that just because he's got so much experience using that model.

A 1966 batcave would be the cat's meow. If he made that, I'd order both the computer and batcycle as add-on's (not as a DX upgrade). Here's hoping! :)

Hey Johnny6666

The Batcycle would be nice as long as it isn?t too expensive. However, I?d rather see Batgirl?s motorcycle first. I?m sure someone will eventually produce either a custom or unlicensed ?66 Batgirl.

Now, if Joost wants to really expand his horizons, the actual batcave itself would be the ultimate diorama to house the batmobile, batcycle, and the computer.

I would imagine the various Batcomputers and detection equipment, etc. of the Batcave is a relatively straightforward proposition (given 3D modelling and printing). Indeed, there's already been toys and statues released that have modelled some of that hardware. Now, the Batcave itself (with Atomic Pile) would be horrendously big at 1/6 scale! JazzInc's '66 Batmobile is going to be 37.5 inches in length, so the cave would have to be at least 2-3 times that size just to accommodate it to scale (as it appeared in the TV series).

Although Hot Toys did fashion a Batcave for a toy fair display, didn't they? That might provide something of a blueprint for initial ideas, at least. As it was an open set, with no discernible ceiling, the cave itself (in U-shaped pattern around the Atomic Pile) would effectively provide a backdrop, essentially. Amusingly, the cave sculpting by Hot Toys probably looks more realistic than in the original '66 series which, for some, is therefore 'incorrect'. ;)

Hot Toys Batmobile .jpg
Batmobile Hot Toys2.jpg

Great find on that batcave!

No doubt it would be a big diorama, but it's in the size range of the batwing he's working on. His last update for the batwing had it at 62 inches wide (1580mm) and 72 inches (1828mm) front to back.

He's got a video on his website of him putting together a 1/6 death star diorama that ships fairly flat and you assemble it yourself. He could definitely do the same thing with the batcave. Here's what I'm talking about:

I think he could make this completely enclosed just by cutting off the rocks at the top above the atomic pile. Granted, it would be a bit tall, and a bit deeper than the wall mount death star, but as you said, the modeling isn't terribly difficult and it's just a matter of splitting it up into logical pieces for shipping and assembly.

I would actually prefer to put this on a piece of furniture rather than wall mount it. He could also probably ship legs for it (as an option) that would support the weight so that it could be freestanding. I'd rather spend the money with Joost for a batcave diorama, than have to find/build some type of box to display my 1966 batmobile in.

That would be so cool.

Jazzinc is producing some really exceptional products, but it would be nice to have an actual "diorama" for the 1966 stuff.

I agree, the Batcave would be an awesome addition. The main parts that you saw on tv would suffice. The Atomic Pile, Bat Poles, Computers, and the area to park the Batmobile, etc. This would be a must have for a collector in my opinion.

Back