Jazz Inc - 1/6 1966 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All - The piece is pretty impressive but I noticed some blemishes and fingerprints that I couldn't remove with the provided cloth. Visible with any light on it. I reached out to Joost and he stated I can use turtle wax. Hopefully, that will work.

Has anyone had a similar issue and did you buff it out with turtle wax or did something else work? Looking for any additional advice before I start messing with the car.

Attached some examples from different angles.

Attachments

• 20230130_181319.jpg
    20230130_181319.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230130_221609.jpg
    20230130_221609.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230130_183357.jpg
    20230130_183357.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230130_221519.jpg
    20230130_221519.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230130_221709.jpg
    20230130_221709.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi All - The piece is pretty impressive but I noticed some blemishes and fingerprints that I couldn't remove with the provided cloth. Visible with any light on it. I reached out to Joost and he stated I can use turtle wax. Hopefully, that will work.

Has anyone had a similar issue and did you buff it out with turtle wax or did something else work? Looking for any additional advice before I start messing with the car.

If it doesn’t come out with turtle wax which should work, we can give you a free exchange. We stand behind our products and we will always make sure you’re happy

If it doesn’t come out with turtle wax which should work, we can give you a free exchange. We stand behind our products and we will always make sure you’re happy
Thanks, I will try over the weekend. I'm not looking to exchange just want to remove the fingerprints. I don't expect a perfect piece and little scuffs can occur.

The work and engineering to get this out to people is quite an accomplishment.

Something similar happened to my Hot Toys '89 Batmobile...I'm sure you guys recall all that noise as it happened to a few people.
I used McGuire's wax (supposed to be a better product) and it took out the scratches. Use a micro cloth to apply and remove. A couple passes might be required but you should be able to get it all out. I used it for years on my BMW and it always took care of any surface scratches in the clear coat.

My 66 Batmobile turned up yesterday, out of the blue. The outer box had been opened, but not the inner one. All the packaging was in place and there were no fingerprint marks on the car, so it was as it should be.

I'm relieved to finally get it, but there will be no more information as to what exactly happened here. TNT/ Fedex will claim it was simply an error, even though there is obvious evidence to suggest an individual clearly tried to keep it. I guess we'll never know.

Even though I got my Moducase for my Bamobile long before I got my actual batmobile, another critical piece that was missing was the lighting. I wanted the entire ceiling of the moducase illuminated, which meant I needed a light panel. I have used light panels before and found them to be very expensive. I found a company that was new to me that created the panel at 1/3 thge price of what I was quoted by another company. This is still work in progress. This is my first Moducase and it offers some serious advantages with their slotted extrusion
IMG_1365.JPG

I have not even started working on the interior, but that clean reflection on the car can only be achieved if the entire ceiling is illuminated. This display is currently in my basement on egg crates. Space is cramped, but I really wanted to see this up as soon as possible

IMG_1363.JPG

Jazz Inc took care of my situation and sent a replacement. Thanks, Jazz Inc.

Anyone have this issue? The flame on my replacement has fallen off three times with the magnet that's supposed to be attached to the car. Anyone have a link for a stronger sticker adhesive to attach the magnet to the vehicle?

Any thoughts on using Chemical Guys P4 Precision Paint Perfection Polish? Was wondering if I could reduce the surface scratches.

Jazz Inc took care of my situation and sent a replacement. Thanks, Jazz Inc.

Anyone have this issue? The flame on my replacement has fallen off three times with the magnet that's supposed to be attached to the car. Anyone have a link for a stronger sticker adhesive to attach the magnet to the vehicle?

Any thoughts on using Chemical Guys P4 Precision Paint Perfection Polish? Was wondering if I could reduce the surface scratches.
Yes, the magnet on the car detached and stuck itself to the magnetic side of flame.
It sounds like we both have similar issues. To be clear, there is only one magnet, which is on the flame.

In my case, the black metal circular piece of the batmobile that the magnet of the flame attaches to came off. It’s basically a large painted washer that’s held on to the batmobile with two sided tape and the adhesive gave out. Also, in my case, the paint on the washer peeled off for some reason where the magnet of the flame made contact. It looks like the stainless steel of the washer wasn’t correctly prepped for paint as it flakes off to the touch.

Can you tell me when you reported your issue and what parts did you receive?

I received my Jazzinc 66 Batmobile a few weeks ago, but due to work and other life commitments, I only today had a chance to open and inspect it.
Truly a grail piece, beautifully detailed and painted.
My only issue was with the lights: the siren lights (Button A) and left rear brake light (Button C) won’t light. Hoping there’s a simple solution/fix for this. I don’t imagine I’ll use the lights that often, but for the price I want a complete, working vehicle.
Given Josst’s reputation, I have no doubt the issues will get resolved. Still, this has dampened my enthusiasm a bit.

It sounds like we both have similar issues. To be clear, there is only one magnet, which is on the flame.

In my case, the black metal circular piece of the batmobile that the magnet of the flame attaches to came off. It’s basically a large painted washer that’s held on to the batmobile with two sided tape and the adhesive gave out. Also, in my case, the paint on the washer peeled off for some reason where the magnet of the flame made contact. It looks like the stainless steel of the washer wasn’t correctly prepped for paint as it flakes off to the touch.

Can you tell me when you reported your issue and what parts did you receive?
Hello, you are correct, I wasn't thinking when describing my problem. The washer doesn't stay attached to the vehicle. No paint has scuffed off for me. The adhesive is weak.

The first one didn't have this problem and was overall in better condition (except for the 8-10 fingerprints that appeared to be in the finish that I couldn't buff out (looked like someone grabbed the car). I mention it because I don't plan to reach out again. That's why I also asked about the polish. Replacement looked like it was wiped down with an abrasive towel compared to the first one I received.

Was hoping someone fixed theirs and could provide input on the adhesive and what would be best to use. Don't get me wrong, the car is impressive, but the little issues that add up do dissapoint a bit. With that, nothing is perfect and there are much larger companies that have a ton of issues and wouldn't bother putting the effort to meet the level of detail jazzinc does.

For you, I would suggest emailing them. They're very responsive and want you to be happy with your purchase.

I actually received a replacement washer from them recently. When I first contacted them about it a while back, I was told I was the only person who reported that particular issue. I suspect there may have been a few more reports since. One interesting note - I was instructed to attach the washer with a two part epoxy, rather than the tape. In my mind, that makes much more sense and should hold up to the weight of the flame.

I actually received a replacement washer from them recently. When I first contacted them about it a while back, I was told I was the only person who reported that particular issue. I suspect there may have been a few more reports since. One interesting note - I was instructed to attach the washer with a two part epoxy, rather than the tape. In my mind, that makes much more sense and should hold up to the weight of the flame.
Thanks for the update and suggestion.

Back