James Cameron's AVATAR discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably go see it again in the theater, it looks surprisingly good on BluRay. But, I'd love to see it in 3D again :rock

I read an article were Sam Worthington said the 1st cut was almost 6hrs. Thats crazy. I don't know how much footage is usually shot for a film, but I would like to see more then 8mins added in a extended edition, more like LOTR where it makes a difference. I imagine no one will even notice this 8mins.

But the Blu Ray is so stunning I can't concentrate on the movie, awesome transfer. I like the blu ray better then the 3D experience.

There's no way I'd go see it again for 8 more minutes. I wouldn't even buy it again for 8 more minutes. I have a feeling Cameron is going to milk this for all it's worth. Probably re-releasing it every year with a few more minutes added to it.

There's no way I'd go see it again for 8 more minutes. I wouldn't even buy it again for 8 more minutes. I have a feeling Cameron is going to milk this for all it's worth. Probably re-releasing it every year with a few more minutes added to it.

Wouldn't you milk something like this :lol Not like he needs the money, but at this point he's on his way to being able to create his own country :lol

I honestly don't have any desire to sit through this movie again. Especially if they are going to add more time to it. :lol I bought it on Bluray and admired the quality of the picture and effects. That's all I need from this film.

Agreed. I'll just find the 8 added minutes on the internet. I've given enough of my money to the Avatar Cult. Cameron can keep milking people but I have no desire to spend more money on this movie.

I haven't bought the DVD yet, so I'll be waitin on the release in november

I refuse to buy this on dvd since those are 3d-less, so I will love seeing this on the big screen again

I enjoyed it just as much on blu-ray as i did on imax 3D. I will definately go see it again with the 8 min, i am a fan of this movie.

I read an article were Sam Worthington said the 1st cut was almost 6hrs.

he should have done it like quentin tarantino did with Kill Bill, just made it 3 movies long. 2 hours each, released a month apart, then they wouldn't have needed to cut the 6 hours down to 3.

I am giving away a $50 Sideshow Gift Card to anyone who purchases a Cast Signed x11 VIP poster from Fox Studios I aquired with the cast of Avatar.

he should have done it like quentin tarantino did with Kill Bill, just made it 3 movies long. 2 hours each, released a month apart, then they wouldn't have needed to cut the 6 hours down to 3.

I highly doubt that there was that much extra footage. Considering that very little of the movie had shots with real actors on sets and the rest would have been heavily CG and cutting that much from the movie would have been a huge waste of money.

I highly doubt that there was that much extra footage. Considering that very little of the movie had shots with real actors on sets and the rest would have been heavily CG and cutting that much from the movie would have been a huge waste of money.

There could've been more to Jake's story in the beginning, or even more battles scenes. I could see where a lot more story could be there, not that it would've made a better film though.

Back