James Cameron's AVATAR discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact that it sold so many copies without any features and with the full knowledge that there would be a special edition coming out the same year is still pretty amazing.

I think (regardless of what the numbers mean) we can all agree it was a popular and successful movie.

Can we move on now :lol

Because millions of DVD owners who haven't yet invested in a Blu-ray player are enticed by the dual DVD/Blu-ray releases (knowing they're getting both formats, including a disc for their eventual Blu-ray player) and are buying them in droves.

Yeah, to all those without HD players the Blu-ray disc is just a special feature that came with their DVD. They may intend to use it in a year or two when they pick up a BD player, but would they have bought it separately at full price this soon? Probably not.

I got burnt out on Avatar after my extensive coverage...lol. To the point of knowing so much about it ahead of time that it did create an environment for slight let down.

Having said that, I have been staying away from this blu-ray release till the special addition when it will hopefully be fresh and new again. Although, I have a feeling the majority of the bonus features will be the billions of featuretts and trailers that many of us have already seen that were following the movie for the months leading up to the release.

That is one reason I try to stay far away from production videos, spoilers and sneak peaks about movies before I see them. I made the mistake of watching a ton of stuff about the Jackass movie before I saw it... then was pretty disppointed as I'd seen (or heard) about most of the segments.

So now I generally avoid all info about movies I want to see... trying to go into the experience as unbiased as possible.

Have a couple more of the Cast Signed Avatar posters for those interested.

Has anyone seen the shirt thread? There are some really funny Avatar shirts making fun of it using smurfs.

:monkey1 Money lil' buddy. :monkey1

EXACTLY!

Cameron already came out and said he thinks he got robbed out of some money because of Alice so this move makes perfect sense. I don't think I will bother seeing it with just 8 mins added. I will wait for the next super edition with even more footage.

Is he trying to create an entire island out of money or somthing ?

He has a 1:1 scale Titanic in his tub and now he wants to recreate Pandora in his garden. Na'vi included. Also he wants to throw poop filled money at Lucas.

additional 8 minutes for an additional $15... no way. I saw avatar once and thats all I need to see of it.

Back