James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice picture Jay. :clap If you have more pic. please do post them. :) EDIT: I saw the link later. :wink1:

Ordered me some Acryl sides and made me a display case for my AMP suit last weekend. :)
Used some IKEA Led light to lighting it up and I’m very pleased with the results :yess: …now it’s 100% cats and dust free. :lol

02092011921copy.jpg

03092011952copy.jpg

03092011956copy.jpg

:dance

Last edited:
I have posted them on the link on my post, there are 22 pics in total. :)

That case looks amazing! :rock

Thanks guys :wave …this is absolutely an amazing piece. :lecture

After fixing Quaritch up a little, and toning down the black spots on the suit (only thing that was bothering me a little). :wink1:

This and the HT 1/6 Tumbler/Pod is the absolut grail of my collection. :rock :rock :rock

displayn.jpg

:hi5:

Nice picture Jay. :clap If you have more pic. please do post them. :) EDIT: I saw the link later. :wink1:

Ordered me some Acryl sides and made me a display case for my AMP suit last weekend. :)
Used some IKEA Led light to lighting it up and I’m very pleased with the results :yess: …now it’s 100% cats and dust free. :lol

02092011921copy.jpg

03092011952copy.jpg

03092011956copy.jpg

:dance

Ugh I want this freakin thing so bad. It looks so massive! Avatar is my favorite movie of all time and I have been only collecting 1/6 HT figures to date along with my giclee's and screen-prints. All of that pales in comparison to this thing. I don't even know how to justify the cost of this thing!

Ugh I want this freakin thing so bad. It looks so massive! Avatar is my favorite movie of all time and I have been only collecting 1/6 HT figures to date along with my giclee's and screen-prints. All of that pales in comparison to this thing. I don't even know how to justify the cost of this thing!

Like i did, it's one of my favorite movies and i had the cash so i bought it, pretty simple really, go buy one NOW! :lol :wink1:

Well I got mine. Unboxed it and as excpected was defintiely underwhelmed. I placed it in my office and chose to more or less ignore it during the Halloween weekend. However, I've noticed now that everytime I glance at it that my appreciation for it is growing. It really is a beautiful piece that can only truly be appreciated in person. I realized that I'd given in to a great deal of negative criticism before taking it out of the box. But I agree, it is overpriced. (wife still wants to hurt me). In all fairness it really should've gone for $600 -$800. With the pricetag aside, it's value will increase for me like everything in my collection. I encourage anyone who is considering picking this one up to give it a fair shot.

You know what, I pretty much had the exact same reaction as you did. Upon first opening it, I was very underwhelmed, very much filled with buyer's remorse for the amount I parted with to get this item.

Over time though, it's appeal grew on me, and now I don't think I could get rid of it... not any time soon.

Beautiful pictures Jay.. The AMP is a very under rated piece, I love it.. it is really impressive in person, pictures can't convey how huge it is in 3d depth

Jay PLEASE can you take a photo of the Optimus and the AMP maquette next to each other, it is the photo I've been itching most to see.. Of course these aren't in scale with eachother, at a scaled size the Optimus should be about double the height of what it is now (in order to be about 1:8 as with the AMP).. but none the less they are both detailed maquettes and I'd love to see a photo of that!

Also I know it is an extremely broad question, but I have to ask from an owner of both pieces since there is no bias (assuming you had paid the original retail price which is equal), which 1 do you prefer? I know they're completely different, but I'd like to hear which 1 impresses you that little bit more and why :)

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures Jay.. The AMP is a very under rated piece, I love it.. it is really impressive in person, pictures can't convey how huge it is in 3d depth

Jay PLEASE can you take a photo of the Optimus and the AMP maquette next to each other, it is the photo I've been itching most to see.. Of course these aren't in scale with eachother, at a scaled size the Optimus should be about double the height of what it is now (in order to be about 1:8 as with the AMP).. but none the less they are both detailed maquettes and I'd love to see a photo of that!

Also I know it is an extremely broad question, but I have to ask from an owner of both pieces since there is no bias (assuming you had paid the original retail price which is equal), which 1 do you prefer? I know they're completely different, but I'd like to hear which 1 impresses you that little bit more and why :)

I can't take pictures of them both because it would mean taking them apart again and i don't want to do that. :lol

As for which i like better? Well if i only had $1200 to spend and had them both in front of me then i'd pick Optimus! Much more detail and i've been a Prime fan since i was a kid. :D

I'm lucky i didn't have to make that choice and can own both because they are both very awesome in their own way. :)

I can't take pictures of them both because it would mean taking them apart again and i don't want to do that. :lol

As for which i like better? Well if i only had $1200 to spend and had them both in front of me then i'd pick Optimus! Much more detail and i've been a Prime fan since i was a kid. :D

I'm lucky i didn't have to make that choice and can own both because they are both very awesome in their own way. :)

No problem.. I know it was a big task to ask, no small feat :rotfl

Thanks for your oppinion, I know they're different, but I like the Optimus has more detail (although AMP is more accurate)

No problem.. I know it was a big task to ask, no small feat :rotfl

Thanks for your oppinion, I know they're different, but I like the Optimus has more detail (although AMP is more accurate)

Are you going to buy either?

Are you going to buy either?

Optimus is on its way to me, and the AMP maquette is at my LCS at a discounted price tempting me every time I walk in

I know they are an odd scale to display, or rather, ideally they should be displayed alone (as opposed to with my PFs which would "cheapen" them being as they are the same height).. so if I did get the AMP I was actually thinking of displaying them together.. they'd still be out of scale but as they are maquettes I think they'd suit

Optimus is on its way to me, and the AMP maquette is at my LCS at a discounted price tempting me every time I walk in

I know they are an odd scale to display, or rather, ideally they should be displayed alone (as opposed to with my PFs which would "cheapen" them being as they are the same height).. so if I did get the AMP I was actually thinking of displaying them together.. they'd still be out of scale but as they are maquettes I think they'd suit

I'm sure they will look great together and congrats on Prime! Now get yourself to the LCS and buy the AMP. :D :wink1:

I had a chance to puck one of these up for $800- now I wish I had. But, you know, gotta eat;) congrats to all who've got it- it's an amazing piece.

This is a true museum quality piece. I would consider picking one up if i came across a deal that was deeply discounte, but as of right now...i can't justify the price tag. Looks GREAT in your guys pics though

Back