James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but i think something wrong with his arm too or look the picture.

33agkld.jpg

So what does one do if your AMP suit arrives and a part is damaged weather it be majour or minor? Ring side show and ask for a new bit to be sent or box the whole thing up and send back for a replacment?

Will Sideshow pay for posting back if broken?

Mine is at Stansted airport being delivered on Monday, no doubt being chucked onto lorry as I type this! :panic:

I called them and they asked me to send them an email with photos of the damaged parts and I did that. Their email says I have to wait a few days for confirmation of what they will do. They said on the phone that most likely they would send replacement parts but they have not confirmed that yet.

How do you send a replacment part for a broken piece....break it off another statue? :cuckoo:

Chris

The AMP Maquette comes as about nine or ten different parts that you put together. So you would replace whichever entire part is broken. For example, each hand is a separate part. On mine, the right hand has some missiing paint. So they can send me a replacement right hand.

I called them and they asked me to send them an email with photos of the damaged parts and I did that. Their email says I have to wait a few days for confirmation of what they will do. They said on the phone that most likely they would send replacement parts but they have not confirmed that yet.

If SS doesn't believe you and you have to send them photos to confirm to them that their quality control is abysmal, then I think SS is full of *******!

If SS doesn't believe you and you have to send them photos to confirm to them that their quality control is abysmal, then I think SS is full of *******!

I don't have a problem with them asking for photos of the damage. Other retailers ask you to mail the damaged item back to them before they will even send you a replacement. Sideshow accepts a photo as proof that the item is broken and then they just send you the replacement without you having to mail back the damaged one. So actually Sideshow has better customer service than most retailers. I rather just email a photo of the damage than have to box it and tape it all up and have to take it over to a UPS Store or FedExKinko Store.

Proof of damage is Sideshows right, it helps stop the selling of Ex components on the secondary market, as well as the selling of statues individually. Proof of damage, proof of destruction = refund, discount or replacement. It protects sideshow and the collector.
Fair enough?

I'm with Lightwave000.

I'm glad I cancelled. Never thought I'd say that.

I was really looking forward to it. The friggin' 4inchers look better than this.

Lmao. I only just saw this piece of crap. I'd feel sorry for those that ordered but to be honest it was always gonna happen. Sideshow suck arse.

Proof of damage is Sideshows right, it helps stop the selling of Ex components on the secondary market, as well as the selling of statues individually. Proof of damage, proof of destruction = refund, discount or replacement. It protects sideshow and the collector.
Fair enough?

But it doesn't really protect you the consumer from what is really a BAIT and SWITCH tactic being perpetrated by Sideshow to get you to fork over a non refundable deposit and then wait over a year or more after delays to get a product which looks like it was scraped off the bottom of someone's shoe. Oh, and then if you're not satisfied, you get your money back, after waiting months and months without any word from Sideshow, going on these boards and waiting with all our friends here. And I'm calling it a BAIT and SWITCH because they entice you into buying with an artist painted prototype (the BAIT) then you get an unbelievably bad reproduction of that artist painted prototype which looks like it has been painted by a five year old (the SWITCH). No, it is nowhere near fair not for pieces that are costing over $1000.00. Especially, if I have to go out of my way to inspect a piece for flaws that should have been inspected and found by a QUALITY CONTROL expert and then record (take pictures) these faults and send them to Sideshow. And then repack the piece and send it back. And if I'm in another country, I'm really screwed here because of import fees and the like. It becomes an unfair, totally ridiculous endeavor that infuriates people like us everyday resulting in us telling Sideshow to keep their piece just give me my money back. I can only afford may be one, at the most two, of these big pieces per year. And for me, and I know I speak for a lot of people when I say this, if I'm going to drop a grand or more for these pieces, then they better live up to that amount of money.

Last edited:
Its pretty simple from here on folks, you want to send a loud clear message to SS....then no one order this POS. If you aready have one or have one on the way send it back for a refund. SS can keep them all for their own collection.

Chris

Its pretty simple from here on folks, you want to send a loud clear message to SS....then no one order this POS. If you aready have one or have one on the way send it back for a refund. SS can keep them all for their own collection.

Chris

Damn straight.

But it doesn't really protect you the consumer from what is really a BAIT and SWITCH tactic being perpetrated by Sideshow to get you to fork over a non refundable deposit and then wait over a year or more after delays to get a product which looks like it was scraped off the bottom of someone's shoe. Oh, and then if you're not satisfied, you get your money back, after waiting months and months without any word from Sideshow, going on these boards and waiting with all our friends here. And I'm calling it a BAIT and SWITCH because they entice you into buying with an artist painted prototype (the BAIT) then you get an unbelievably bad reproduction of that artist painted prototype which looks like it has been painted by a five year old (the SWITCH). No, it is nowhere near fair not for pieces that are costing over $1000.00. Especially, if I have to go out of my way to inspect a piece for flaws that should have been inspected and found by a QUALITY CONTROL expert and then record (take pictures) these faults and send them to Sideshow. And then repack the piece and send it back. And if I'm in another country, I'm really screwed here because of import fees and the like. It becomes an unfair, totally ridiculous endeavor that infuriates people like us everyday resulting in us telling Sideshow to keep their piece just give me my money back. I can only afford may be one, at the most two, of these big pieces per year. And for me, and I know I speak for a lot of people when I say this, if I'm going to drop a grand or more for these pieces, then they better live up to that amount of money.

It is a real hassle and disappointment having a high end item show up that has quality or damage issues (or both). I have been really critical of SS and their inspections of their statues and the quality of work that has gone into them especially paint wise. My Iron Man 1:2 had many faults with it even after it was inspected in China and at SS in the USA.
Being an overseas collector aswell means that I have to have faith that what I ordered is going to show up that way. This Amp Suit is not looking at all acceptable to me at the moment and it sucks for everyone who has ordered one. This statue is in my opinion overpriced for what it is, but that might be justified if the quality in build and paint was there which it seems is not.
But it's hard to fault their customer service when it comes to complaints, returns and refunds.

Back