James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your photos certainly make this piece look alot better...Just goes to show photos really are important when showing off a paint job/sculpt...

From those pics, the overall piece looks great. Its just when you see pics of the dude by himself that it looks really bad.

I still see a very deficient work :rolleyes2

(with the permission of Thx...)

img7782e.jpg

img7795le.jpg

2mmsgpl.jpg

Weathering with a marker? On a 1200$ piece? Is that possible? :slap

Last edited:
So I was told that it would be 30 to 60 days until they got in the replacement parts so I have a $1200 mess that I've been paying forever for and they are saying I have to wait up to 2 months to get the replacement parts. Something is wrong with this picture. I think they should just open up a box of one sitting in their warehouse and send me the parts I am missing. Or exhange the entire thing for another one. What do you all think?

So I was told that it would be 30 to 60 days until they got in the replacement parts so I have a $1200 mess that I've been paying forever for and they are saying I have to wait up to 2 months to get the replacement parts. Something is wrong with this picture. I think they should just open up a box of one sitting in their warehouse and send me the parts I am missing. Or exhange the entire thing for another one. What do you all think?

Just return it and use the $1200 to buy the Vader Bust!!!

Okay that is some bull____ right there. That's Sideshow's customer service totally dropping the ball now. With all the pieces that are being returned, they could easily take one and cannibalize it for parts and send your new parts out immediately. Now it looks like their customer service is going the way of their quality control--down the tubes.

Okay that is some bull____ right there. That's Sideshow's customer service totally dropping the ball now. With all the pieces that are being returned, they could easily take one and cannibalize it for parts and send your new parts out immediately. Now it looks like their customer service is going the way of their quality control--down the tubes.

I emailed them and told them I want to send this whole box back in exchange for another one or that they should open one up (its not sold out so they must have some sitting in their warehouse) and send me parts from one of their new boxes. I said it was unfair to make me wait one to two months for replacement parts. Let's see what they say.

I'm a SW, LOTR, Indy, Marvel and GIJoe Sideshow Collector. I stay stricktly in those brands but thought I'd give Avatar collecting a try. I also have the Neytirii statue ordered. If this isn't resolved soon I may just dump the whole "give Avatar collecting a try" thing, return the AMP suit and cancel the Neytiri.

After the massive delay, I would think that SS would be open to options; best of luck. :peace

After the massive delay, I would think that SS would be open to options; best of luck. :peace

I am returning it for a full refund and then ordering a new one. They say their replacement stock is different from new boxes so if I don't want to wait for the replacement parts I have to send this one back, get a refund and then order again.

I'm okay with that.

I am returning it for a full refund and then ordering a new one. They say their replacement stock is different from new boxes so if I don't want to wait for the replacement parts I have to send this one back, get a refund and then order again.

I'm okay with that.

That is good to hear my friend.

Back