James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a serious disappointment. Specially at this price tag. Maybe is the flash but the paint job looks uber crap :slap

Poor Quatrich what they have done to you

avatar-amp-suit-maquette-avatar-amp-suit-12.jpg-36161d1286921981

News of another delivery on the SF, and more bad news I'm afraid. Disappointing paint job and minor breakage. After the long wait this one looks set to be a major let down.

Just canceled my preorder with BBTS. This thing is an easy pass now. Since I stopped doing model building and painting, I won't have to worry about trying to fix this piece. Plus, for $1200 you should not have to even fix it. And I was also going to pull the trigger on Sideshow two foot tall Optimus Prime, but not now. Seems like a lot of big ticket items that have come out this year have just been total cluster____s! Especially with Sideshow which now makes me wonder if their entire model for doing business is out of whack--show great prototype get everybody to bite then production piece is total ____! Pretty sad when you think about it.

Mine arrived today and there are 3 things wrong with it. Two broken off parts and missing paint on the right hand.

what's with the fingernails :cuckoo:

SIDESHOW PRODUCT STORY:

Everyone on Pandora knew that Colonel Miles Quaritich was a Marine bada$$ but apparently no one knew that he was just a big girl too! That all became apparent one day that Quaritich came all prettied up to the command center wearing a camouflage dress, makeup, and designer camo handbag. With him being the only military commander present on Pandora, RDA really had no choice but to let Quaritich wear whatever he wanted. I mean when travel time from Earth to Pandora is six years, you just have to go with it. So Quaritich pretty much got away with whatever he felt like wearing from one day to the next. The only problem--Quaritich's nail polish didn't match his handbag and his mascara usually ran on the hottest day under Pandora's sun.
Now Sideshow Collectibles presents this great figure from James Cameron's epic Oscar winning film, Avatar 1 and 1/2: We Gotta Get Outta This Place. Quaritich's personal HOT PINK AMP SUIT "I LOVE BUNNY RABBITS" sold separately.

Back