Premium Format Jack the Ripper production peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty disappointing, and those tentacles coming out of his man bit area just look all sorts of wrong :lol

And now that you had mentioned it Buttmunch I definitely agree an art print would have been pretty awesome especially since they put so much effort into the general art direction for this piece and that seems to be the highlight they want people to be aware of.

Completely agree with you
For this high price (50 dollards more than the EX Templar Verdict who had great EX arm and art print) it's very disapointing
Hope sideshow think about it .....

still dont get it about his tentacles. i dont get it when it on his mouth and now on his crotch. !!?

I'm not too disappointed about the lack of an exclusive but the price does seem a little high. I will probably end up getting him though, I thought he was one of the most well sculpted pieces I had seen at Sideshow's booth at SDCC.

I don't see this as being anything better than the Joker PF which has an Ex with an extra head, is 50 bucks cheaper and doesn't have licensing bumping up the price. Not including the extra Ripper portrait they showed was lame.
Still it's a great PF and concept but SS didn't hit it out of the park on the value for price and what looks like an open edition... too bad.

Well...being that I have every PF sculpt in Sideshow's "The Dead" line minus "Patient Zero", in a few days I will be pre-ordering this. I am not too keen on the crotch tentacles but overall the size and sculpting of this figure is really quite nice.
I could care less about having a portrait included unless it is actually big enough to frame. The one that came with the Ex version Templar's Verdict was way too small.

So far "The Dead" line is easily my favorite and cannot wait until this, the Frozen Nazi, and the Reaper arrive. :cool:

Well...being that I have every PF sculpt in Sideshow's "The Dead" line minus "Patient Zero", in a few days I will be pre-ordering this. I am not too keen on the crotch tentacles but overall the size and sculpting of this figure is really quite nice.
I could care less about having a portrait included unless it is actually big enough to frame. The one that came with the Ex version Templar's Verdict was way too small.

So far "The Dead" line is easily my favorite and cannot wait until this, the Frozen Nazi, and the Reaper arrive. :cool:

Sorry by portrait I meant switch out head. A print would of been a nice extra too. The crotch cuttlefish of cthulhu will likely be a separate piece but the outfit probably won't cover the hole if you don't want to display it.

Don't see why they would ever make a statue of a serial killer? Not something I would want to add to my collection. I wouldn't want a statue of Charles Manson or Ted Bundy either. I think this was a poor choice in direction. Just my thought

Its far enough removed that he's more legend than real to most people now. Making someone like Mason 200 years from now is entirely possible really. Its just too soon and sensative right now since for one thing, he's still alive.

Don't see why they would ever make a statue of a serial killer? Not something I would want to add to my collection. I wouldn't want a statue of Charles Manson or Ted Bundy either. I think this was a poor choice in direction. Just my thought

They also don't know who or what it was that did it. It's really the lore associated with the statue that really makes this piece shine. The tailoring and the transformation from human to pure evil/ death is what I like about this. It really is a niche piece. I would really like to have it for my Halloween collection to display. Not an item I would display everyday of the year. :dunno

I would buy a Manson PF. That would be awesome.

if he had a really cool sculpt of a really evil looking but NORMAL man and no "crotch tentacles' i would've bought him. THIS sculpt makes no sense.:slap

I don't get why people can't get what's behind the concept. It's clearly stated that the statue portraits the Ripper in his fiendish transformation, as the concept is him being not just a classical serial killer but a creature from hell - supernatural, as all The Dead statues.
So seriously... I can understand if someone doesn't like the concept, but keep asking 'why he has tentacles? why he is not a normal man?' and so on is just plain silly, 'cause it's explained. Just... read.

Last edited:
if he had a really cool sculpt of a really evil looking but NORMAL man and no "crotch tentacles' i would've bought him. THIS sculpt makes no sense.:slap

Yes I am feeling the same way about this particular figure as well.
Not sure I really want to spend a decent amount of money on something that looks kind of silly. I do understand the concept...but still so far I just do not like the look of the tentacles especially coming right out of the crotch. May have to wait and see how the reviews of this figure goes once people receive to maybe order him...but as of now I'm holding on this one.

Yes I am feeling the same way about this particular figure as well.
Not sure I really want to spend a decent amount of money on something that looks kind of silly. I do understand the concept...but still so far I just do not like the look of the tentacles especially coming right out of the crotch. May have to wait and see how the reviews of this figure goes once people receive to maybe order him...but as of now I'm holding on this one.

I think the tentacles coming out of the crotch area may be a reference to the sickening sexual nature of the Ripper murders.. ie cutting out sexual organs of his victims.

Most serial killers are driven by sexual impulse, so say the experts. That's what I think SS was going for anyways.

I think the tentacles coming out of the crotch area may be a reference to the sickening sexual nature of the Ripper murders.. ie cutting out sexual organs of his victims.

Most serial killers are driven by sexual impulse, so say the experts. That's what I think SS was going for anyways.

I think that too.

Back