IT: Chapter Two

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: IT: Chapter 2 (September 6th, 2019)

Children beating a manifestation of Stephen King's Galactus...

You talking about that guy Pennywise turning into a shark? Hell I can just say... "You're a Turd, you're a turd, you're a turd" and then watch him turn into a turd, rip out his little turd heart, and flush him down the toilet.

Some monster.

;)

99f4282215bbface4030e95d818b0dd7.gif

Wow...words CAN be hurtful.

I would actually welcome a Pennywise Prequel ala Rogue One where they all Fail and everybody dies :yess:

Yes, and a better explanation as to why Penny doesn't kill people when he can clearly do it.

That remains my biggest gripe with this character how easily he is the defeated even by preteen kids.

Great looking monster sharp teeth and clowns make a great combo but they need a more challenging way to defeat him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was kind of cool and clever that Penny was taken down by bullying. Very appropriate for our current oversensitive PC/SJW/millenials culture. What's a more clever way to defeat such a big spider monster who uses fear as a primary weapon?

If anything, my only gripe was that they just called him a clown...which IT is. I would have liked to see them be more creative with the insults and have them roast him with really mean offensive stuff. Richie is a professional comedian, so you'd think his insults would be razor sharp. That's my only gripe tho. Physical harm is too predictable and unrealistic.

Professor IT

That's what Pennywise would use to terrify JAWS. :lol

Children beating a manifestation of Stephen King's Galactus...

You know, I was thinking about Galactus today as a good example to justify why Penny doesn't kill the losers and instead let's them go. Galactus' powers tend to fluctuate depending on how much he has eaten, so a fully fed Galactus is more powerful than a hungry one. I was thinking that could be the case with Penny. He's hungry and hasn't eaten enough, so he's not at full power, which is why he has to attack people mentally and use illusions instead of physical harm as a way to tear them down slowly until he can finally eat them. A fully fed Penny has no barriers, unlike a Penny that's been hibernating for 27 years and hungry. That's my personal canon and explanation for such a glaring plot hole .

That remains my biggest gripe with this character how easily he is the defeated even by preteen kids.

Great looking monster sharp teeth and clowns make a great combo but they need a more challenging way to defeat him.

Yeah but...aren't all Horror Icons pretty much defeated in pretty lame ways :lol

The top three horror icons are almost always defeated by teenage girls and just 1 at that

Freddy: Bested by teenage girl in almost the same way "You're **** Freddy" :lol

Michael: Physicaly bested by Jamie Lee Curtis :lol

Jason Bested..yet again a teenage girl because of weird mommy issues...:lol

IT: Chapter 2 (September 6th, 2019)

I can accept bullying as what kills Pennywise as long as it?s introduced into the narrative in a smooth organic progression but that?s very hard to do without making it seem like a light switch is being turned on.

IT tried by taking them on a long journey of discovery but at the end it still just felt like a light switch to me anyways.

Yeah sure the ritual being tried first was meant to smooth the transition into the final solution and it helped a little but whatever he?s still a wimp lol

Last edited:

but whatever he?s still a wimp lol

Isn't that the point? He's a bully -- they are, at heart, wimps.

Good question: What is the BEST way you've ever seen a movie villain get killed?

Side note: I watched the old IT on Syfy -- 4 hours of utterly unwatchable made-for-tv crap yawn-fest. People complain there's not enough pennywise in the new movie, but love the old one? He makes a few appearances that are not really scary. I guess this is one of those movies you needed to see under 13 to have seemed scary. I've been hearing about this for so long I expected a lot more. It felt like it was shot and directed by the guy who did Land of the Lost.

Yeah that 90?s IT version is as bad as that 90?s Cap movie which makes them just one level above that 90?s F4 movie from italy lol

I feel bad now as an adult for being a bully in my teens and 20?s....late 20?s....early 30?s....I swear no later than 34....ok 36....to 37....max 38.

I kid....mid 20s only.

Actually I was never a bully.

Ok just a little.

Kids are wimps nowadays. First time I was "bullied" was in kindergarten on the very firt day, and I still remember grabbing that kid and throwing him to the ground, and that was that. Then, the second time was in fifth grade, for like a week...I took care of it too. Third time was my first year of jr high school, but I was friends with the guys the next year. It was like a test you had to pass. Bullying either breaks you or makes you stronger.

I like the 1990 film as a cheesy bad film. I love that 80's/early 90's clich? interpretation of the 1950's, which was popular in the 80's. There was some kind of obsession back then with the 1950's and 60's similarly to how people and Hollywood feel nowadays about the 80's. The second chapter is especially terrible, but I still enjoy it for nostalgic reasons. I like the crappy spider and how easily they just flipped it over and took it's heart. It was kind of creepy actually, especially John Ritter's reaction. He looked possessed, almost like the loser had turn evil.

Bill Skarsgard has really made Penny a great character visually with that weird lip smile he does, moving his eyes like a lizard, and even his voice is cool. Time Curry was just him in makeup, but I like his bad performance. It fits the movie perfectly along with the crappy circus music. :lol

Kids are wimps nowadays. First time I was "bullied" was in kindergarten on the very firt day, and I still remember grabbing that kid and throwing him to the ground, and that was that. Then, the second time was in fifth grade, for like a week...I took care of it too. Third time was my first year of jr high school, but I was friends with the guys the next year. It was like a test you had to pass. Bullying either breaks you or makes you stronger.

I like the 1990 film as a cheesy bad film. I love that 80's/early 90's clich? interpretation of the 1950's, which was popular in the 80's. There was some kind of obsession back then with the 1950's and 60's similarly to how people and Hollywood feel nowadays about the 80's. The second chapter is especially terrible, but I still enjoy it for nostalgic reasons. I like the crappy spider and how easily they just flipped it over and took it's heart. It was kind of creepy actually, especially John Ritter's reaction. He looked possessed, almost like the loser had turn evil.

Bill Skarsgard has really made Penny a great character visually with that weird lip smile he does, moving his eyes like a lizard, and even his voice is cool. Time Curry was just him in makeup, but I like his bad performance. It fits the movie perfectly along with the crappy circus music. :lol

It was like watching the 80's greatest hits and well-known tv stars... everyone that had ever been on Love Boat. Cheesy bad is too kind, but I get it if you saw this as a kid.

The new Pennywise is likely better than anything King ever imagined.

I suppose now we'll be inundated with Stephen King remakes... Cujo.... Christine... he's so prolific there's no end to it.

It was like watching the 80's greatest hits and well-known tv stars... everyone that had ever been on Love Boat. Cheesy bad is too kind, but I get it if you saw this as a kid.

The new Pennywise is likely better than anything King ever imagined.

I suppose now we'll be inundated with Stephen King remakes... Cujo.... Christine... he's so prolific there's no end to it.

Can't wait for a Shawshank Redemption remake. :yess:

My mistake, it wasn't John Ritter that looked creepy, it was the ponytail guy playing Bill. Also, watching the shadow on a rock of the losers lifting the heart over their heads was actually creepier than watching them just hold it in the new film.

Darth Vader is the worst tittiebaby villain. Chokes preggos, chops up children, feels bad when his kid gets an ouchie.

We can say tittybaby again? I thought Nam* got that word added to the censor list :lol

*an old guard forum member who no longer frequents the site

Darth Vader is the worst tittiebaby villain. Chokes preggos, chops up children, feels bad when his kid gets an ouchie.

In the words of Mark Hamill.. "That's not my Vader", well ok the kid getting an ouchie was, but he never yelled NOOOOOO

Isn't that the point? He's a bully -- they are, at heart, wimps.

Good question: What is the BEST way you've ever seen a movie villain get killed?

Side note: I watched the old IT on Syfy -- 4 hours of utterly unwatchable made-for-tv crap yawn-fest. People complain there's not enough pennywise in the new movie, but love the old one? He makes a few appearances that are not really scary. I guess this is one of those movies you needed to see under 13 to have seemed scary. I've been hearing about this for so long I expected a lot more. It felt like it was shot and directed by the guy who did Land of the Lost.

It?s a 90s kid thing. If you watched it as a kid during that time it was rather freaky. In a goosebumps sorta way except darker. I was 11 when I saw the 90s one

Gargoyles 1972 made for tv movie was my IT when I was young scared the crap out of me lol

dfee36c9d833f260ed35d8c0ed7dc288.jpg

3d4fbda3c9e4bb7d69f57096d97ee8bd.jpg

Last edited:
Back