IT: Chapter Two

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: IT: Chapter 2 (September 6th, 2019)

I see a lot of people mistaking each characters Token mission as a flashback. They weren't. The were in the moment manipulations of Pennywise. They meshed with flashback like scene to inform you what each characters token was but then it shifts to a Pennywise distortion. They all revert to their child forms because that's where all of their traumas began, they are made more vulnerable and it's the easiest aspect for Pennywise to utilize.

Also FYI, the ?brokeback mountain? scene is not a Hollywood addition. That?s in the book. They are gay in the book. As is mentioned, every 27 years Pennywise returns and is signified by an act of malice or devastation. A fire. A factory explosion. A hate crime etc etc.

Last edited:

No way there?s a jye in that book.

I would start reading it today if there was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aca4a31ea8c2c4bfa61c84726074d9c0.jpg

Yes and it was very lengthy I wrote IT SUCKED!

Get it IT SUCKED lol

I went to watch it when I should?ve not went, I was going on only 2 hours sleep in 2 days and cranky as all hell after having argued with the wife and dealing with son school grade issues what a mistake it was going lol

Actually it didn?t suck suck i?m just being a **** and if anything I actually enjoyed it more than first but I think both movies need some serious tweaking to create a better experience.

Sounds like an experience only bested by getting rained on and arriving at the theatre 15 minutes late so the only available seats are front row far left....

IT: Chapter 2 (September 6th, 2019)

Sounds like an experience only bested by getting rained on and arriving at the theatre 15 minutes late so the only available seats are front row far left....

I?ll take my bad experience thank you very much lol

Last edited:

So was the spider form IT's true form, or was the true form the hole with the three floating lights? At some point, the back of Penny's head opened and the three lights looked to be in control of Spider Penny, but at the very end, when the losers take the heart Ultron style, they took it from little Penny. So what was the true form? The clown is supposed to be one of many shapes.

So was the spider form IT's true form, or was the true form the hole with the three floating lights? At some point, the back of Penny's head opened and the three lights looked to be in control of Spider Penny, but at the very end, when the losers take the heart Ultron style, they took it from little Penny. So what was the true form? The clown is supposed to be one of many shapes.

IT's true shape is the Deadlights that come from the Macroverse outside our dimension. It arrived on Earth in a massive cataclysmic event similar to an asteroid impact, landing in a location in North America that would eventually become Derry, Maine. The Spider form is the closest representation of IT in our universe.

IT's true shape is the Deadlights that come from the Macroverse outside our dimension. It arrived on Earth in a massive cataclysmic event similar to an asteroid impact, landing in a location in North America that would eventually become Derry, Maine. The Spider form is the closest representation of IT in our universe.

Thanks, I thought it looked cool how the lights were using Spider Ppenny like a puppet when Penny used the deadlights on Ritchie.

Yass, the sound that it made was kind of creepy. Little Penny was actually kind of adorable with it's little hands trying to stop the losers. I felt bad for little Penny.

Recently picked up this book at Target and it's filled with concept art and behind the scene stuff from both movies. Definetly worth picking up. They have like 8 pages dedicated to the Spiderform alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmYNoJsE9S8

I see a lot of people mistaking each characters Token mission as a flashback. They weren't. The were in the moment manipulations of Pennywise. They meshed with flashback like scene to inform you what each characters token was but then it shifts to a Pennywise distortion. They all revert to their child forms because that's where all of their traumas began, they are made more vulnerable and it's the easiest aspect for Pennywise to utilize.

That makes sense... The story is still too much of a carbon copy of the first film.. But that makes it more barrable.

Also FYI, the ?brokeback mountain? scene is not a Hollywood addition. That?s in the book. They are gay in the book. As is mentioned, every 27 years Pennywise returns and is signified by an act of malice or devastation. A fire. A factory explosion. A hate crime etc etc

Very very interesting.. King was ahead of his time.

I expect a full apology to Hollywood from JAWS lol

Not till they apologize to me first :lol

Cost more than 1

Opened less than 1

Syonara Pennywise

I bet Joker doesn't even get close to IT's opening.

It still made a lot of money for a horror movie. I think the first film was a surprised success, but not everyone loved it, which is why this one suffered a dip at the boxoffice. Regardless, a third film is inevitable.

I like the original film. It's bad, but I like it. They showed the trailer for Christopher Nolan's new film Tenet. Underwhelming and what a bad choice for the lead role.

You really can never complain about 80s horror again if you find enjoyment out of the TV version ;)

So Ritchie is gay now. Huh, not a hint of it in the first film (other than maybe overcompensating by always talking about sex with women) and they just drop that in this film? You know the plot of the film is thin when Ritchie's secret that they just came up with is more interesting than Pennywise's origin story. I think a better opening for the film would have been Pennywise's arrival and first ever kill over the Brokeback opening, then cut to the black guy waking up from one of his Native American acid trips only to find a red ballon floating and the words "Come Home" in blood inside his apartment. Then he uses social media to contact his rich loser friends. The guy really took the "loser" gimmick literally. All his friends became famous or super rich, and he is still in the crappy town with the same haircut he had in 1989. :lol

From what I can tell (reading on Wiki) Richie was not gay in the book.. Probably just a quick add on and thus why it felt forced.

Both 1 and 2 suck.

What these 2 movies need is for a new team to come in and ignore the book then take all of the 8-9 hours they filmed and rework the entire thing into an evenly paced non repetitive character group study scare fest epic masterpiece.

Film new scenes if needed with PW in new demon forms maybe different Clown looks.

As is what a scare less mess with a very cool yet wasted monster.

Come Jye.. the first film is not that bad.. Hell the second one is not that bad.. I do see that you were tired... Man I can imagine trying to see this film while I was going on two hours sleep.. I don't think I would have made it.

I could see a fan edit of IT 1 & 2.

Regardless, Pennywise >>> Jason, Mayers, Freddy, Ghostface, Leatherface, and that dumb shark. :chase

Only Chucky is better. Chucky the goat.

Obviously I don't agree about the Shark. But Jason, Freddy, Ghostface, Leatherface and Chucky.. Yeah.. I can give you that.

Original Michael though.. Man.. Not so sure about that one.

Actually I agree that PW > Jason/Freddy/Leatherface/Pin Head especially since Jason wasn?t even the killer in the only great F13th movie and i?m not a huge Freddy/Leatherface/Hellraiser fan anyways.

However The Shape (screw Myers) in H1 is as good as PW as is Regan from Exorcist 1.

PW is indeed a great monster.

Man... I like so many Ft13th films more then the original.. Never been a fan of that one.. Watching it now I cant get over what a snooze fest it is.

My biggest problem with the film was actually that they showed Pennywise way too much. It felt tired and drawn out to me to have every character go on an journey of self discovery in which they both have to engage in a giant CGI battle with Pennywise; and recall a conspicuously unmentioned CGI battle with Pennywise that happened during the timeline of the first film but for some reason none of them mentioned. In addition to really adding to the run time of an already somewhat bloated movie, it really killed a lot of the fear surrounding him to have him so out in the open so often; especially in such over the top ways. Felt too much like an indulgent spectacle.

At a certain point, I wondered why Pennywise didn't just turn into a normal person and just murder the main characters on the street considering how many opportunities he had to easily kill them that he wasted toying with them.

I would have preferred if they had kept him more in the background; keeping the scene with the couple on the bridge and the girl under the bleachers to let the audience know that he's still out there, but also have the main characters really have to work in order to find him. Play on the aspect that he is largely invisible to adults, maybe even having the main characters questioning if the events of the first movie even happened; slowly discovering clues that make them realize that yes; Pennywise is still out there and they need to find a way to stop him. Maybe having Bill coming face to face with him in the mirror maze be the first time our characters actually see him.

Yikes... That might make for a really boring movie... I do agree that Pennywise was not as threatening in this one.. Again I think it has more to do with the fact that he was going after adult versions of the characters instead of kids.

I also didn't like that the way to defeat Pennywise was layed out so early in the movie as sort of a recipe, which both took away from the characters having to use ingenuity to defeat an ancient and seemingly unkillable force of nature; and wasn't even made that clear.

To be honest, a lot of things in this movie weren't made clear. From Pennywise's history, to Mike's plan to kill him, to the secret Mike hid from them, to Stanley's reason for suicide (as if the threat they were facing wasn't a good enough narrative justification), to how Pennywise eventually died.

Another thing is the comedy. This film leaned way too far into it; turning a lot of things (including the monster himself) into a straight up joke at times, really killing the sinister and frightening tone this movie should have had. The Eddie character was the worst of it. I get the character is supposed to be neurotic and bad at dealing with stress; but his mannerisms and certain editing choices played up the goofy aspect; making him come off as too tongue-in-cheek even in serious situations. At the end of the day; I just wasn't scared by it. Which should be the goal of a horror movie.

Also as stated by a lot of others; the bully could have been cut entirely as he doesn't add anything to the plot or even drive it forward. Same with the clubhouse scene. Its hard to feel a sense of nostalgia for a scene that we didn't even know existed until they showed it to us after the fact

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Except the bold part.. Not too many horror films succeed at being scary.. So you have to hope for a good story.. This film failed a bit there.

IT: Chapter 2 (September 6th, 2019)

3rd film?

Hasn?t the book been fully covered...poorly lol

I?m sure extended cut dvd will be released though.

Last edited:
Back