IT: Chapter Two

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: IT: Chapter 2 (September 6th, 2019)

Gargoyles 1972 made for tv movie was my IT when I was young scared the crap out of me lol

dfee36c9d833f260ed35d8c0ed7dc288.jpg

3d4fbda3c9e4bb7d69f57096d97ee8bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES! That was awesome!

Another one that likely would be laughable today... like The Night Stalker show which I also loved.

IT: Chapter 2 (September 6th, 2019)

Oh man NS was so awesome.

In Gargoyles I loved Bernie?s digitized voice.

The slow mo night scenes scared me to death lol

I was young of course it did.

Gargoyles 72 > 90 IT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I vividly remember that gargoyle flying away at the end, very eerie.

Best Night Stalker episode: The Spanish Moss Monster -- that huge seaweed monster/soggy-Wookie thing in the sewers. It was the "Fluke Man" episode for that series.

IT: Chapter 2 (September 6th, 2019)

Just got back from viewing with my daughter (whom LOVED it)

I would say its a strong 8.0/10.

I goto the theater these days for a fun story ride, good acting, cinematography, score and overall entertainment. I am not looking for some spiritual experience, although I am pleased on the rare occasions it is delivered by a film.

IT was a great movie going experience.

They made a three hour movie that was paced VERY well (better then Endgame as far as pacing goes).

To me, it was a great conclusion, on par with the first chapter.

I was deliriously happy with all the tributes to older horror films, and felt like this one would fit right in with the best of of the 80?s genre films....

Heres a list of tributes I gleaned.... chime in if I missed any.

1.Spider head Thing tribute (I feared this was a cheesy rip off till that Mcready Line came, that was a hoot!

2. The Shining , Old Lady and Heres Johnny.

3. The Exorcist (Pazuzu statue on the screen in the classroom, and Pennys shadow over it.

4. Nightmare on Elm Street playing at the Theater.

5. Aliens , Pennys Lair and the texture of the walls, a definite callback to the Aliens lair.

6. IT miniseries , too many to name, direct lines not from the book, but from T Currys lines.

And others?

Seeing S. King back doing his cameos was awesome.

Bill Hader nailed his role in this.

While James Mcavoy was distracting and awkward in his American accent. (Who could have seen that coming?)

The only faults I give it were not enough use of the Henry Bowers angle.

Some amazing cinematography in this. Plus some great scoring.

They made Penny much less charismatic and more cruel and monster like, which I thought was excellent.

Best scene: Under the bleachers. Pennys tactics reminder me of something a pedophile would do.....really creeped me out.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Oh remembered one more ?The Lost Boys? poster in the club house.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The new Pennywise is likely better than anything King ever imagined.

I like you Wor but YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH.

Srsly tho Pennywise and his various incarnations in the book are at the very least gruesome and often hypnotic and terrifying.

In the words of Mark Hamill.. "That's not my Vader", well ok the kid getting an ouchie was, but he never yelled NOOOOOO

I kid, I kid. I only bash SW to other SW lovers. I have even taken up for TLJ against non-believers and I ****ing hate that movie. :lol

I was watching an interview with the Pennywise actor where he was talking about creating the character and how the book version inspired his take on the character. In the book there is a short chapter from Penny's POV, and in it, the it creature is complaining about the turtle and throwing temper tantrums. The creature is very child like and sees it self as a victim. It's a very some creature that only wants to eat and sleep, according the Skarsgard. However, until the very end of the first film, the creature that uses fear as a weapon had never experienced that feeling, that's why Penny's last word in part one were, "fear."

The book it lays eggs

That's the spider, which is female and the "true form" on earth, but not really it's true form because that's just what the human mind can understand.

It originated in a void containing and surrounding the Universe—a place referred to in the novel as the "Macroverse" (a concept similar to the later established "Todash Darkness" of the Dark Tower novels). At several points in the novel, It claims its true name is "Bob Gray", and is named "It" by the group of children who later confront it. Throughout the book, It is generally referred to as male; however, late in the book, the children come to believe It may be female (due to It's manifestation as a large female spider). In addition, upon seeing It's true form Audra Denbrough thinks, "Oh dear Jesus, It is female." Despite this, the true form of It is never truly known. The final physical form It takes is that of an enormous spider, but this is the closest the human mind can comprehend. It's true form is not precisely what the children actually see. Instead, the natural form of It exists in an inter-dimensional realm referred to by It as the "deadlights". Bill Denbrough comes dangerously close to seeing the deadlights, but successfully defeats It before this happens. The deadlights are never seen, and their true form outside the physical realm is never revealed, only described as writhing, destroying orange lights. Coming face to face with the deadlights drives any living being instantly insane (a common Lovecraftian device). The only known people to face the deadlights and survive are Bill's wife, Audra Phillips, and Beverly Marsh, although they are rendered catatonic by the experience

Back