Favorite Films and TV of 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choombaz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
In alphabetical order

Films:
Barbie
Dungeons and Dragons: Honour Among Thieves
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 3
John Wick Chapter 4
Oppenheimer
Rye Lane
Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse
Extraction 2
They Cloned Tyrone

TV:
Dead Ringers
Full Circle
Murder At The End Of The World

In no particular order

Godzilla Minus 1. A Godzilla movie where the human story was as interesting or even more interesting than seeing Godzilla. It was made for Pennie’s compared to the big franchise movies and it was better than all of them in every level. More films need to be made like this. Story over spectacle and name recognition.

Dungeon and Dragons Honor Among Thieves, this one surprised me I didn’t expect much and it over delivered in fun and a good time.

Transformers Rise of the Beasts admitted guilty pleasure cause I’m a Transformers and Beast Wars fan.

Renfield I found it a lot of fun and Nick Cage was hilarious

Sad to say that’s it. I’ve seen other movies, but those are the only four I watched multiple times.

TV shows

Picard Season 3. They nailed it from start to finish and honored us fans by doing what Star Wars didn’t. They got the band back together for one more big adventure.

From. WOW this show blew me away. I didn’t discover it till this year and binged both seasons in a couple days. I’m impatiently waiting for Season 3. If you decide to give this show a chance go in blind it’s worth it.

Monarch. It’s getting better with each episode. And I love me some Godzilla.

These two are started in 2023 but their seasons won’t end till 2024

For All Mankind is nailing it again this year. I’m riveted

Reacher is doing a great job this year too.

I can't say I have watched too many films at all this year. I would have to actually think about that for a bit

I watch a lot more TV.

Favourites of 2023

Foundation season 2
The Fall of the House of Usher
Colin from Accounts
Fargo season 5
The Newsreader season 2

In no particular order

Godzilla Minus 1. A Godzilla movie where the human story was as interesting or even more interesting than seeing Godzilla. It was made for Pennie’s compared to the big franchise movies and it was better than all of them in every level. More films need to be made like this. Story over spectacle and name recognition.

Dungeon and Dragons Honor Among Thieves, this one surprised me I didn’t expect much and it over delivered in fun and a good time.

Transformers Rise of the Beasts admitted guilty pleasure cause I’m a Transformers and Beast Wars fan.

Renfield I found it a lot of fun and Nick Cage was hilarious

Sad to say that’s it. I’ve seen other movies, but those are the only four I watched multiple times.

TV shows

Picard Season 3. They nailed it from start to finish and honored us fans by doing what Star Wars didn’t. They got the band back together for one more big adventure.

From. WOW this show blew me away. I didn’t discover it till this year and binged both seasons in a couple days. I’m impatiently waiting for Season 3. If you decide to give this show a chance go in blind it’s worth it.

Monarch. It’s getting better with each episode. And I love me some Godzilla.

These two are started in 2023 but their seasons won’t end till 2024

For All Mankind is nailing it again this year. I’m riveted

Reacher is doing a great job this year too.
Some stuff here I need to see like Godzilla Minus 1 and For All Mankind. And yeah I forgot Reacher, it’s fantastic.

I can't say I have watched too many films at all this year. I would have to actually think about that for a bit

I watch a lot more TV.

Favourites of 2023

Foundation season 2
The Fall of the House of Usher
Colin from Accounts
Fargo season 5
The Newsreader season 2
Again I completely forgot something - Colin From Accounts - utter brilliance! New season this year. And everything else in your list is on my list to watch, I’m two seasons behind on Fargo.

Films:
  • Across the Spider-Verse
  • John Wick 4
  • Puss in Boots The Last Wish
  • Guardians 3
  • Renfield

TV:
  • Scavengers Reign
  • Blue Eye Samurai
  • Ahsoka
  • Gen V
  • Castlevania Nocturne

There was a lot I was looking forward to this year but nothing really grabbed me. Indy, Batman, Mission Impossible, John Wick, Guardians, all disappointed me mostly. The only movie I walked out with a positive response was Oppenheimer.

I think I was asleep when I did my TV list:

Dead Ringers
Full Circle
Murder At The End Of The World
Poker Face
Reacher S2
Shrinking

My favorites that I saw last year, even if they didn't necessarily come out that year:

Movies

Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning
Air
John Wick 4
Godzilla Minus One
Fall

TV

Silo
The English
Poker Face
Picard S3

Back